People bitching about GSP

Why do people allege GSP took PEDS?.

There is no evidence of GSP cheating. The guy trains like crazy with his fitness.

I guess accusing him of cheating seems to be a popular throw away line by the general mma public who probably don't have any real basis behind it.

Georges may think (or know) some of his opponents were cheating, but still he doesn't come out and name them - but yet there are a lot of uninformed armchair critics with no inside knowledge dropping his name. Wtf. Phone Post 3.0

I think a lot of them are people upset about Anderson getting caught.

StrikingMMA - I think a lot of them are people upset about Anderson getting caught.
This. Gsp overtook their hero as goat because he got caught cheating. Butthurt is real Phone Post 3.0

People have been accusing him for years. Him and Firaz coming out of the woodwork to make strong statements opened him up for the same attackers. I also think Firaz using Anderson's situation as an opportunity to bump GSP up in the GOAT rankings was done in bad taste, especially considering how people suspect GSP has used PEDs. It's never going to go away. Even fighters have long accused GSP of PED abuse. I think most people wished he would just quit while he was ahead, but now he's drumming up an anti-PED campaign, I dunno, it reads eerily similar to so many other PED martyrs that were later discovered to have used in their careers. It boils down to people believe what they believe, and you just gotta deal with it.

I was never an anderson fan.

It just makes me sick that a guy who was heavily accused for so long whilst saying nothing now tries to present as a whistleblower on doping.

Lanceness021 - I was never an anderson fan.

It just makes me sick that a guy who was heavily accused for so long whilst saying nothing now tries to present as a whistleblower on doping.
Define "now"

The guy has been pushing anti PEDs for years.

Maybe he found out via a reliable source that one of his previous challengers took drugs and therefore became more outspoken?

Maybe once he was popular DNS towards the end of his career he started criticising his employer?

Nobody walks into a performance based job where they can be cut in a second and on their first day unleashes a shit storm of allegations.

GSP built a name and the balls to speak out.

I'm not a GSP nuthugger but why criticise anyone who publicly speaks out that the UFC is full of drug cheats and has the audience that will listen to them.

After Andersons test I actually believe GSP more. This isn't aliens this is potentially a real epidemic in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

after anderson I think people lost faith in everyone

The only and I mean ONLY difference between GSP and Silva is that Silva got caught.

Does anyone seriously believe that St.Pierre's exit timing and the implementation of OOC testing is coincidence? We all know GSP was willing to cheat: His corner was busted red handed for greasing.

Keith Kizer relayed what happened when GSP challenged Hendricks to Olympic level testing: Hendricks agreed to another lab and GSP backed out after a fluery of questions from his lawyer.

Needlemover - Why do people allege GSP took PEDS?.

There is no evidence of GSP cheating. The guy trains like crazy with his fitness.

I guess accusing him of cheating seems to be a popular throw away line by the general mma public who probably don't have any real basis behind it.

Georges may think (or know) some of his opponents were cheating, but still he doesn't come out and name them - but yet there are a lot of uninformed armchair critics with no inside knowledge dropping his name. Wtf. Phone Post 3.0
Training like crazy is a sign of ped use. Unassisted guys don't recover that well. Gsp never failed so he can say what he wants about peds. It just rubs me the wrong way that a guy who greases to win fights won't stop talking about fair fights. Phone Post 3.0

StrikingMMA - I think a lot of them are people upset about Anderson getting caught.

This

TeamRenzo4Life - 

The only and I mean ONLY difference between GSP and Silva is that Silva got caught.

Does anyone seriously believe that St.Pierre's exit timing and the implementation of OOC testing is coincidence? We all know GSP was willing to cheat: His corner was busted red handed for greasing.

Keith Kizer relayed what happened when GSP challenged Hendricks to Olympic level testing: Hendricks agreed to another lab and GSP backed out after a fluery of questions from his lawyer.

The phrase, "Innocent until PROVEN guilty" aptly applies.

TeamRenzo4Life - 

Lmao, Johny wanted testing done by WADA that just does the guidelines for the testing. I think GSP should've pushed for an IQ test for both of them before suggesting(and doing) the VADA testing himself.

It's just Penn fans still losing sleep over the ass beating GSP gave Penn effortlessly. Seeing their god QUIT keeps them up at night and any chance they get to dig at GSP, they'll do it.

FACT.

No evidence? You mean other than the physical evidence? Phone Post 3.0

parr88 - He says he got out because everyone was cheating.so they start to clean sport up everyone's getting popped and gsp retires ? Hmmm now they wanna test more and for sure don't wanna step back In the ring.

He has accomplished a lot he was a great fighter I just hope he wasn't on anything. I hope they come back and say Andersons test was screwed up and he wasn't on anything. Phone Post 3.0
Are you suggesting that the sport is clean?
And now that it is him wanting a much deserved break indicates that he is using.

That makes zero sense. Phone Post 3.0

gokudamus - No evidence? You mean other than the physical evidence? Phone Post 3.0
Physical evidence?

So you know "physical evidence" constitutes lab results right?

I'm no lawyer but if you said you had physical evidence GSP was using drugs and that evidence was "hey it's my opinion that he is overly muscular" then that's not quite "physical evidence".

In some places that's referred to as verbal trash talk not physical evidence. Phone Post 3.0

TeamRenzo4Life -

An athletes corner rubbing additional grease on a fighter is the decision of his corner. While they are actions of his team and he is ultimately accountable it somewhat beyond his immediate influence.

An athlete taking PEDs is a whole different scenario. That's an individual's continued obligation to blatantly breach the rules.

I agree his corners greasegate was shit. To say it implies a fighter uses PEDS his yet another illogical association. Phone Post 3.0

Potentially GSPs poor treatment and lack of respect behind the scenes from the organisation who he made big $s for was the reason he is staying out of the octagon.

He initially wanted a short break. But if he ever thinks about coming back he might just want to watch a rerun of his last post fight press conference.

The assumptions of GSP not fighting because of drug testing is unfounded. It's borderline with saying BJ Penn isn't in the HOF because he's a drug cheat and the UFC know. Phone Post 3.0

Needlemover - 
gokudamus - No evidence? You mean other than the physical evidence? Phone Post 3.0
Physical evidence?

I'm no lawyer but if you said you had physical evidence GSP was using drugs and that evidence was "hey it's my opinion that he is overly muscular" then that's not quite "physical evidence".

In some places that's referred to as verbal trash talk not physical evidence. Phone Post 3.0

i didnt say definitve proof..but there is definitely evidence of PED use

gokudamus - 
Needlemover - 
Physical evidence?

i didnt say definitve proof..but there is definitely evidence of PED use

Well this post is evidence that you're a homo. Are you a homo?