Pete Sell: Georges St. Pierre is a "mental midget"

He's saying GSP doesn't handle pressure well. Not that hard to understand.

WarOnDrugs - I'm sure GSP is really concerned about what a middle low level fighter like Pete Sell has to say.

considering that everyone on the planet knows georges is mentally weak, it's probably best that he does not concern himself with what other people think.

WarOnDrugs - 

GSP's record speaks for itself, he's fought and beaten the best.

Hes Goin down again !

Ray Jackson -
CombatAthLeteXX - He's saying GSP doesn't handle pressure well. Not that hard to understand.

That may be what he meant...but that's not what he said.

If Serra wins this fight, there's a very real possibility i might end my life in a grotesquely violent way.

I'm just sayin....

That's what he meant by calling him a "mental midget". He said he has all the tools, but he is mentally weak, which is true. When GSP is under pressure he gets nervous, and everyone can see it... and then he loses. In this fight he's under the most pressure he's ever been under, so if I were you I guess I would start thinking about how you're gonna "end your life".

Say what you want about Sell, but he has more heart than GSP could ever dream of, and that is a fact.

caliphornia - georges did take serra lightly, which is why he wasn't fit to be champion anyways. now georges has an even bigger problem.. facing all the pressure of fighting in his homeland and for the first time UFC has ever been to canada... and also fighting the man who whooped his ass the first time and humiliated him. his weak mind will crumble under the pressure. matt is in his head and has his number.

GSP was obviously fit to be champion after he earned his title shot by beating Trigg, Sherk, and Penn in succession, and then kicking the WW Champ Matt Hughes' head into the first row. He actually earned it, rather than getting it as part of a reality show gimmick.

The rest of your post is too stupid for rebuttal.

Pete is a nice guy and says whats on his mind. GSP did flip flop after the fight, and he is mentally weak. Just look at the first Hughes fight he didn't even look Matt in the eye. Sure he gained confidence but that part of him is still there. There will be part of him that thinks MAtt Serra can KO him again. Saying Mental Midget is a bit extreme but he is a little mentally weak when in high pressure sitatuions. Any MMA fighter has to have mental toughness as well as physical but comparative to others in the sport I can see where Pete is coming from.

"Serra thrives on the pressure and likes the underdog role. Matt Serra is all heart, and GSP is the type of guy that if they were in a bar, GSP would back down from a fight while Serra is down for whatever."

So he is saying that GSP has his head on more than Matt and does not want to chance getting killed over something stupid like a bar fight. Cool, go GSP.

totalwreckage -  GSP did flip flop after the fight, and he is mentally weak.

No, he didn't. The explanations and reasons he gave weren't contradictory, nor mutually exclusive.

Just look at the first Hughes fight he didn't even look Matt in the eye. Sure he gained confidence but that part of him is still there.

GSP was like 23 years old, first time fighting on the live UFC PPV card, fighting for a UFC title against the best WW of all time, who also happenned to be his favorite fighter when he was younger. It was a big stage. But trying to insinuate that this instance defines him for the rest of his career is assinine. He destroyed this same guy in the next 2 fights. GSP has improved his mental game, just like he's improved his submission skills, wrestling, and striking. It's a mistake to claim otherwise.

Pete Sell's head is shaped like a peanut.

on this basis, can we really take his views seriously?

WOD ,

Serra is the Underdog .

Thats why another beatdown will be unbeliveable to say the least . I think even if we dont bet some cash , when Matty wins You should just change your name to whoreondrugs anyway.

I am so BORED by the ufc's fucking LAME wwf  "rivalries". It is too stupid for words!

What can you expect from a mental midget like Dana though?

caliphornia - 
considering that everyone on the planet knows georges is mentally weak, it's probably best that he does not concern himself with what other people think.

Everyone on the planet knows? GSP is NOT mentally weak, so how would we know?

WarOnDrugs is laying a beat down on this thread! War GSP!!!

Mental midget my ass, how come both times he's lost it's had to do with being mentally unstable. He just got caught both times, once by that slick arm bar and the other was a punch to the back of the head. 9/10 fighters would have gotten smashed by either that armbar or Serra's punch. Either way GSP come two weeks from now is going to run through Serra like a jock would a cheerleader. It's gonna be a good fight.

I think Sell is somewhat right, calling GSP a "mental midget" seems to much but i would say his biggest weakness is keeping his mind right. i believe GSP saying he took Serra lightly wasn't because of weak mindedness but just being a little arrogant. i mean it's ok to be a little arrogant, after all, its a sport. But if it were me i would keep things like injuries and taking a person lightly to myself but thats me.

lol and i think what sell meant about the whole bar fight thing was serra being down for whatever because he has more heart and courage than GSP.

The last thing Sell, who looks and talks stupid beyond belief, should do is call anyone a mental midget. That's proven by the fact that he used the expression to refer to an inability to handle pressure.

All I'm gonna say about this is that you don't wanna know what I used to think a labrum was. That's all I'm sayin'. LOL

PiousDevil -
CombatAthLeteXX -
Ray Jackson -
CombatAthLeteXX - He's saying GSP doesn't handle pressure well. Not that hard to understand.

That may be what he meant...but that's not what he said.

If Serra wins this fight, there's a very real possibility i might end my life in a grotesquely violent way.

I'm just sayin....

That's what he meant by calling him a "mental midget". He said he has all the tools, but he is mentally weak, which is true. When GSP is under pressure he gets nervous, and everyone can see it... and then he loses. In this fight he's under the most pressure he's ever been under, so if I were you I guess I would start thinking about how you're gonna "end your life".

Wow. Most retarded post ever. When has GSP ever NOT been under pressure? He's never had a gimme fight, he has ALWAYS fought top fighters, and he's only lost 2 of them, 1 of them to the most feared welterweight in the game at the time, and the other in a joke of a fight that his opponent won on a gameshow and that he didn't take seriously and actually had no pressure on him. Your argument is retarded, it doesn't make any sense. Go take a bath with a toaster, WAR GSP.

You don't even have an argument. It is a known fact that GSP doesn't handle pressure well. They list it as one of his weaknesses, the commentators have talked about it as well as others in the MMA community. You can believe GSPs excuses about the last fight, but bottom line is frenchie got hit in the face, repeatedly, and he didn't like it. He was prepared for the fight, he just wasn't prepared for Serras power. Bottom line, Serra or Sell would NEVER tap out from strikes.. you can take that to the bank. That's something only a MENTALLY WEAK person would do.