Petr Yan Possibly Leaving UFC

“A little ‘inside baseball’,” Cormier said, prefacing the rumor he’d heard. “Petr Yan is so disappointed in this decision—Petr Yan is so disappointed in the decision against Aljo, that I’m hearing word that this guy may want to look at something different down the line in terms of his career. Because he just does not feel like, maybe, the organization doesn’t have his back. It’s crazy.”

Personally I would love to see Yan take his skills over to ONE FC

What do y’all think?

4 Likes

Trade Yan for DJ so we can see the 125 GOAT against Fig and Moreno.

10 Likes

Seems Germans, but also no one honestly cares if Yan stays or goes kinda like when Cejudo “retired”.

3 Likes

I care if he leaves dudes a savage

12 Likes

Talk is cheap.

Marvelous Marvin Haglar did it.

1 Like

He hasn’t said shit.

Cormier has. And all he does is spew shit.

So maybe don’t judge Yan until you hear it from him?

5 Likes

That would be absolutely perfect

Talk is cheap if it comes from any UFC contractor about leaving.

Maybe he said it,maybe he didn’t.

I don’t give a shit about DC one way or the other,but I can guarantee you one thing…he gets inside information & so does Chael Sonnen.

1 Like

I’ll watch him fight anywhere. It just doesn’t feel right that he is 0-3 now

8 Likes

Can he even fight elsewhere with the way these UFC contracts are done? Only overseas I suppose?

Anyway, I understand him being pissed but take a chill pill Yan, and come KO these guys next time. Don’t leave it to the judges.

1 Like

Not a fan of the vanilla midget style fighters.

1 Like

Yeah but it’s no coincidence that his losses have all come to the top guys

I don’t know how much he is evolving. I feel like his skill set should beat everyone

3 Likes

Yeah the fight was only 4 days ago lol

Maybe take a few weeks off.

1 Like

He’s my favorite active fighter today but I would love to see him take a stand and leave the ufc. Fuck them. All 3 of his losses are garbage

First sterling fight: shouldn’t be able to lose the belt via DQ. Why didn’t they deduct a point from him and then end the fight and go to a Technical Decision? He was dominating so he woukda won the decision

Second sterling fight: he won rounds 1 4 & 5

Sean fight he clearly won rounds 1 and 2 and even arguably won round 3

Not sure if he can just get up and leave today though. I’m not sure how all that contract shot works and everything

2 Likes

Him in One FC would be insane.

UFC has a gay ass set of rules

3 Likes

What do his losses have to do with the UFC? He’d have to deal with the judges and the refs no matter where he goes.

1 Like

I don’t understand. How is it the ufc fault if the judges got it wrong? Either the judges are third party or they’re not.

1 Like

He’s mad that the ufc doesn’t have his back and hasn’t defended him. They were quick to start promoting Sean after his “win”

3 Likes

Lol outside of the ufc there isn’t anyone whose gonna survive all 3/5 rounds with Yan. They wouldn’t even be a factor in his fights

1 Like

Yeah i felt like when he beat the shit out of Aldo we were looking at potentially the best 135er of all time. He was making things look easy and making guys look like they didn’t belong in the ufc anymore.

At the end of the day though you can’t leave the fight up to the judges. Sometimes they are watching completely different fights.

2 Likes