Pettis on skipping the line again: "Suck it up"

Is there proof he injured himself before the Aldo fight? It seems like it was conveniently used to get out of that and he immediately petitions for the Henderson fight in Milwaukee saying he'll be recovered in time. Seems fishy. Phone Post 3.0

snobordr -

Need to go grab the "nachos and chili dog" quote from the other thread the other day...brb...

Fucking this. PERFECT analogy. Phone Post 3.0

Jobe Watson's New and Improved Butler -
Flexo - Wait, so is he still fighting Aldo? Phone Post 3.0

OMG! Welcome to like 4 days ago. Pettis has a minor tear in his meniscus, so TKZ is replacing him vs. Aldo.
How in the motherfuck have I heard nothing about this. I didn't UG for like 2 days and I missed a big fightchange. That sucks but TKZ is way more deserving anyway and I'm a huge fan so no complaint here. Phone Post 3.0

fasthandssam - People are so funny. Since when did the politics become more important than the fights? I can't wait to see Pettis rematch Benson, and I'd also love to see him fight Aldo. I don't care about anything but watching top guys compete in exciting fights. Maybe that's just me though...

That's a cool stance if you're watching fights on Bellator, MFC, Legend FC etc etc, heck, even a prelim UFC fight, but not for a title fight in an ORGANISATION THAT BOASTS TO HAVE THE BEST FIGHTERS IN THAT SPORT.

If he gets the shot its the ufc's choice. why would he say no? thatd stupid. the goal is to become the champ and that is what he is working for. so yeah, fucking suck it up. if your boss asks you to be promoted are you gonna say, no tj deserves it more... thanks tho. no id rather wait until next time, no im not better than him and dont want to fight... Phone Post

BrunoMcGyver - 
fasthandssam - People are so funny. Since when did the politics become more important than the fights? I can't wait to see Pettis rematch Benson, and I'd also love to see him fight Aldo. I don't care about anything but watching top guys compete in exciting fights. Maybe that's just me though...

That's a cool stance if you're watching fights on Bellator, MFC, Legend FC etc etc, heck, even a prelim UFC fight, but not for a title fight in an ORGANISATION THAT BOASTS TO HAVE THE BEST FIGHTERS IN THAT SPORT.

Yea but how does that go against what I said? I happen to think that Pettis is one of the best fighters in the lightweight division. And his fight against Benson would be a fight between two of the very best, and it would be seriously entertaining. Do people really think that TJ Grant is BETTER? Because it seems to me that they mostly think he is MORE DESERVING as far as being "first in line."

People aren't saying "Pettis is a worse fighter, so he shouldn't get a shot" they are saying "Pettis shouldn't get the shot because that would be CUTTING IN LINE" ...

So again I ask- since when did "politics" and "place in line" become more important than the fights themselves? More important than seeing the best guys competing in exciting match-ups?

If we could magically transport Fedor from 2006 into today's UFC, I would be clamoring to see him fight Jones or Silva or Cain. REGARDLESS of his place in line or the politics of it. I just want to see the best guys compete and watch some good fights you know?

Suck it up and accept that you blew your chance, Anthony. Phone Post 3.0

How do we even know what question Pettis was answering in this vid? It almost sounds like he's responding to people complaining he skipped in line at Featherweight to fight Aldo, not replacing TJ Grant against Bendo.

When was this vid recorded?

like caposa said this is very likely about his shortcut to the featherweight title fight. the video description and subtitles being portuguese (aldo) and pettis statement support this theory.... well observed

RileyPust - 
MMA Lives Here - 

They aren't going to choose Bendo vs TJ Grant over Bendo vs Pettis II, so this dIscussion is pointless.

But if Grant can beat the second top 10 guy of his career in the meantime, he'll get his shot, so don't get too worked up. Phone Post

I don't think you're wrong. I think Pettis will get it, and I think he doesn't deserve it. And I will think the UFC learned from the Guida fight that all they need to do is give Pettis the right opponents and he'll make them money. Just gotta avoid the Maynards/Guidas/Millers/Healys/Gilberts of the division and let him choose what champions he gets to fight.

Dude are you for real, 1 fight and you think he will be wrestlfucked his whole career...lmao!

deal with it he is getting this title shot, will win and will defend as long as he wants too and u can keep coming on here looking like a fool asking the ufc to give him wrestlers! lol

All bitching aside, I never noticed how strong his Wisconsin accent is. Never knew people from Milwaukee even had them. Weird.

On topic, he decided to try and jump the line, in both FW and LW. Now, he can just suck it up, and wait til a slot opens up for him in either division

potatocouch - like caposa said this is very likely about his shortcut to the featherweight title fight. the video description and subtitles being portuguese (aldo) and pettis statement support this theory.... well observed

And yet people will just ignore this and continue talking

Michai - 

Dudes... There is no 'line' in the UFC. If you don't already know that UFC does not use a linear system for determining title fights. Also Pettis is the former strike force champ, in all fairness he deserves to fight for the belt against Benson. Pettis has a far better chance of putting on a show for the belt than grant, ultimately that's all UFC wants - an entertaining pvp not to appeal to a fake sense of linear ranking system. Phone Post

Dude.....Pettis is not the former Strikeforce champ. And yes, he does deserve to fight for the title, just not at this moment. He can recover from his injury and fight the winner of Aldo/TKZ for the FW title or he can fight the winner of Benson/Grant for the LW title after they scrap. He still basically gets to pick which division he wants a title shot in, so what's the problem?

As long as he doesn't accept a fight with Clay Guida in the meantime.

TJ Grant earned his shot. IMO Pettis has to get back in line. Phone Post

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - 

TJ Grant earned his shot. IMO Pettis has to get back in line. Phone Post

I agree that TJ should get the shot he earned but I don't even think Pettis needs to get back in line. He should just stay at FW and wait for Aldo/TKZ to fight and then (assuming he wins) fight Aldo next. Beating Aldo would be a much bigger career win than beating Benson Henderson again.

RileyPust -
MMA Lives Here - 

Everyone here needs to get off TJ Grant's nuts. He has a win over Gray Maynard and that's IT.

Feed him to Cerrone or Thomson while Bendo tries to avenge his loss to Showtime Phone Post

Give Pettis Gray and see if he doesn't get wrestlefucked. He's been given favourable matchups, he just doesn't know how to manage his own career. The fight with TJ is booked, Pettis can get in line and maybe STAY in line for once.
Oh god, THIS! Phone Post 3.0

Lol at people saying grant's wins are bigger tha. Pettis's... Someone said only top ten win for pettis was cowboy... Wait.... Didnt he beat the champ already... More impressive than any of grant's win lets be honest. And most of you pick lauzon every time he fights and now you act like he is a nobody lol... Silly people...

But pettis should wait. I understand he wants to fight for the belt in his hometown and unlike other fighters he is trying to fight aldo and benson for crying out loud but he needs to slow down now. Fight Melendez I say

Oh and this is not a new video... Was put out about the critics saying he cut a fw