PFL on TV Tonight - Thursday June 10 - ESPN2 10PM EST

Six months sprawl training and you can beat Tyson according to the UG

I am glad you pointed that out as well. Elkin was also very hesitant to even posture and throw punches down on Clarissa.

My criticism isnā€™t much on Clarissa because she is a novice grappler. It is more directed on who showed terrible fight IQ and didnā€™t look like her brown belt level in any of the grappling exchanges.

We are talking about a person who has grappled for 5 months. Elkin was actually too much too soon for Claressa. She should be fighting people with less experience. Not brown belts with a decade of experience and several fights.

Even bringing up Kayla right now is a joke. What a mind blowing revelation.

Again, what did some of you worms look like with 5 months of grappling experience?

Claressa looked great if you can actually put into perspective what is going on.

2 Likes

A lot of the people on this forum now ( many of whom have the strongest opinions) likely donā€™t have 5 months of grappling experience and have never been punched in the face by an adult.

Who else is in the division?

We are putting it into perspective but you just donā€™t seem to like it. Who do you want an 2 time gold medalist female boxer to fight in the ever so stacked WMMA 155 division? They brought in a bartender to fight her who hasnā€™t won a fight in 6 years because she has a brown belt in jiu jitsu although her talent level looked more like blue.

luckily for me none of that applies.

A bartender with a decade of experience, brown belt, and 9 MMA fights.

Vs someone with 5 months grappling.

You are talking from a point of view I canā€™t even comprehend. Like how does a properly functioning brain even think that way?

How did you look at 5 months of grappling? Getting raped by shitty blue belts Iā€™d presume. ā€œBut Kayla will take her down!ā€ Brilliant stuff here lmao.

Claressa needs another 2 years of hardcore training in ABQ. Then she will have a decent handle on what is going on. Sheā€™s only like 25 she has all the time in the world.

1 Like

It was very interesting to see how ineffective pure boxing actually is though.

1 Like

I got a BLUE BELT from Ralph after 9 months of training and I was an All American In Wrestling before I startedā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ sheā€™s had 5 months with out a grappling background. I was a blue beltā€¦. Not ready for the high level just able to beat blues and sometimes purpsā€¦. Sheā€™s at half thatā€¦.

One of the dumbest comments ever on the UG? If this comment was made in 1993 it would be relevant. Anyone who isnā€™t cross trained in MMA is going to get destroyed these days. A wrestler will be submitted quickly, a BJJ person will get pieced up on the feet.

Boxing is the second most important aspect of MMA besides wrestling. Besides wrestling, the hands dictate more fights than anything and it isnā€™t even close.

They brought in Shields to challenge Kayla sooner than later. You keep bringing up experience and a brown belt but you yourself saw the actual talent level in that fight. The 155 division is paper thin. Stop being dense. My brain works perfectly fine but you want us to go crazy over a 3-6 jiu jitsu brown belt who on record has only 1 win over someone with a winning record.

If Kayla stays with PFL they will have to make that fight since Shields will more than likely be in the next seasons tournament. If Kayla leaves than Shields wonā€™t have to worry about that. I donā€™t see at $250K (if true) fight purse will the PFL keep promoting 1 off fights for Shields.

TexDeuce is dropping truth bombs in here.

1 Like

Exactly

And rustling some jimmiesā€¦lol

Kayla might be the best MMA fighter in the world outside of Nunes.

Forgive me if I canā€™t compare her to someone who has been grappling for 5 months.

That is really from an entirely different planet.

I think putting Claressa against a brown belt with 10 years grappling was too much and I was correct.

How would you have fared against a brown belt at 5 months experience? What about a shitty blue belt even? Not well. MMA helps bridge that gap some because punches are involved.

They should actually lower her competition and build her up. She needs another 2 years of hardcore MMA training.

She is eventually going to be a problem for everyone. But not now.

Or how would Kayla do in a pure boxing match vs Shields? Lolā€¦at least she crossed over

Oh yes. In this time of boxing vs Mma crossovers what a completely irrelevant observation that pure boxing even at the highest level gets neutralized by entry level takedowns.

News flash

The boxer won

1 Like

That is a logical fallacy because Shields is the one who decided to do MMA so why does how that fight would play out in boxing make sense to the logical discussion?

Kayla would not make it out of round 1 in boxing against Shields