Phil Davis... Athlete in MMA

Shows the difference between athlete and fighter... One athlete i'd like to see leave mma.

And 29-28 for phil??? Get the fuck out. Phone Post 3.0

At most, I could see them giving Phil round 2 but even that would have been generous.

Death Beast - At most, I could see them giving Phil round 2 but even that would have been generous.
I agree... Even julia budd who wanted phil to win had it 30-27 machida Phone Post 3.0

The most boring fighter in 205, IMO. Phone Post 3.0

DoomFarmer - The most boring fighter in 205, IMO. Phone Post 3.0
He's tied with askren for me. He is the poster child of athletes as opposed to fighters in mma.. In the judges fucking retarded eyes he won the sporting competition where lyoto won the fight. Phone Post 3.0

LOL@ Lyoto NOT being the point fighter. Irony

T Bag - LOL@ Lyoto NOT being the point fighter. Irony

You're right I can't remember Machida ever getting a knockout ever.

Except for that flying front kick to the fucking face.

So apart from one of the best ever and multiple other KO's such as the only person to finish Rashad ever, he's a boring point fighter.

T Bag - LOL@ Lyoto NOT being the point fighter. Irony
Martial artist he is... Phone Post 3.0

So now you're either a fighter, martial artist, or point fighter? Phone Post 3.0

Jrodguy - So now you're either a fighter, martial artist, or point fighter? Phone Post 3.0
No. Was just stating what machida camefrom. He's a fighter not an athlete. It's pretty clear there, fucktard. Phone Post 3.0

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
Jrodguy - So now you're either a fighter, martial artist, or point fighter? Phone Post 3.0
No. Was just stating what machida camefrom. He's a fighter not an athlete. It's pretty clear there, fucktard. Phone Post 3.0
No pretty sure he's a pure martial artist "fucktard" Phone Post 3.0

I'm not going to hate on Phil for winning. He did all he could do against Machida.

The judges got it wrong, though. But that's not Phil's fault in the least.

Lol at "athlete" not fighter. Maybe you should go to the local pub and find a few fighters with beer muscles. Phone Post 3.0

Ministry of Truth - I'm not going to hate on Phil for winning. He did all he could do against Machida.

Nope.. going for the takedown when there's 20 seconds left in the round to score points to game the system, isn't his fault? Him not having killer instinct isn't his fault either? It's clear that he's an athlete in the now sport of MMA.. it's not a fight anymore, it's a sporting competition. 

Everyone always says "what if this boxer had 6 months sprawl training" but now we are seeing wrestlers with a solid jab and enough standup IQ not to get KO'd. I don't want to go Just Bleed mode but it is making for some unpleasant fights. Makes me respect Hendricks even more for going for broke with that big left! Phone Post 3.0

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
Ministry of Truth - I'm not going to hate on Phil for winning. He did all he could do against Machida.

Nope.. going for the takedown when there's 20 seconds left in the round to score points to game the system, isn't his fault? Him not having killer instinct isn't his fault either? It's clear that he's an athlete in the now sport of MMA.. it's not a fight anymore, it's a sporting competition. 

"Nope.. going for the takedown when there's 20 seconds left in the round to score points to game the system, isn't his fault?"

It's a fault of the judging, more than anything. He isn't unique in that way, either. So to hate on him for that means you should be hating on 80% of MMA fighters that employ that tactic.

bknumber1 - Everyone always says "what if this boxer had 6 months sprawl training" but now we are seeing wrestlers with a solid jab and enough standup IQ not to get KO'd. I don't want to go Just Bleed mode but it is making for some unpleasant fights. Makes me respect Hendricks even more for going for broke with that big left! Phone Post 3.0
Nah, its not about just bleed... Its about going for the finish. He was content to just jab his way to a decision like rory against vinny but not one instance to try and finish.. Sucks. Phone Post 3.0

Ministry of Truth -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 

"Nope.. going for the takedown when there's 20 seconds left in the round to score points to game the system, isn't his fault?"

It's a fault of the judging, more than anything. He isn't unique in that way, either. So to hate on him for that means you should be hating on 80% of MMA fighters that employ that tactic.
Oh i do. And my other points? Phone Post 3.0

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 

of course it is, it has been for a while. i think fights should go til someone quits or gets caught - winning any other way is really just at best subjective and at worst speculation. until someone is ko'd, subbed, or voluntarily gives up, there is no way to tell who the winner would have been.

This place was a lot better when you were banned Phone Post 3.0