MMA Underground Forums

Please tip Kim Coutures opponent....

biz1 - yeah i was there and watched the event on dvr again today.

this fight was probably the worst mma fight i've ever seen, and i see it holding that title for a long time. there's nothing good i can say about this fight. i thought kim couture was bad for female MMA.... just, wow!

worse yet, she was CRYING after the fight. and i don't mean a tear was leaking down, she was really crying pretty good. and when the decision was announced you could read her lips and she says "this is bullshit".

what i find sad is that kim couture couldn't even land anything clean on her. she was fighting someone who didn't know how to fight, and didn't want to fight, and still didn't know what to do.

very lame for both women.

a very bad night for women's mma.

I agree. They both looked terrible and neither one of them looked like they had trained a day in their lives, pathetic.

Golden Boy - When she brings you your breakfast at the local diner. As an avid Strikeforce supporter I am ashamed of what I saw last night. I have heard that her next opponent is the greeter at the Walmart in Portland.

Haha, my buddy said the same thing. Waitress at the Denny's up the way.

I love how Kim is 1-1 and everyone thinks she should be fighting TOP level competitors already.  Get the fuck over it, she's got a long way to go. Nothing that chick does will ever be good enough due to the fact that most of her haters would gladly take her place at Randy's side if they could.  Do I think that fight was awful, YES!  Do I think its Kim's fault that the other girl SUCKED and made them both look bad, NO!

TTT for Takedown!

TkDwn -  As a matter of fact, I'm calling Kim out! If she wants to fight, lets fight, I offered to fight her and they denied me because they wanted to build her ego, I have NOTHING against her personally, she might be the nicest girl in the world, but MMA isn't about who's nice and not its about fighting and I wanna fight her because I'm tired of her getting all this publicity like she's something extra special, she's not alot of pple have worked way harder for the spot they took up with BS on the card, KIMMIE LETS FIGHT!
Oh, so you want to be fed a 1-1 fighter that has WAYYYYYY less experience than you do so you can look good and build your name?  Nice logic...

Well...Miesha is only 2-1 herself.  Kim may not have as an extensive amateur resume as Miesha, but I guess you can even that out with Kim having access to higher level sparring partners like Gina Carano.

I like women's MMA.  I don't mind Kim fighting.  I'd just like to see her fight more comparable competition if she is going to continue to fight.

I like Meisha and respect what she's doing but there is no way in hell they'll give you Kim. I know your frustrated about the fight, but i'd focus on fighting MMA fighters that might actually give you a challenge.

I've always respected HDnet, but yea I gotta agree , UG has a right to bitch about this being on the main card. I won't bitch about who kim fight, i'm just mad that it wa sone the main card, an exciting featherweight fighter was dropped to the undercard cause of this. It's no secret she was on it cause she is married to randy and maybe Hdnet feels fans will want to tune in to jsut watch ehr fight.

So HDnet twists Strikeforce's arm to get the fight on the main card, but its not fair, nor is it right, plus I don't think she's really a draw for being married to randy really. at leats with Kimbo we were waiting for a nice KO or something, but with kim what is she really drawin? ...Just off the name of her husband, she needs to be on the prelim until she proves herself. In fatc she shouldn't be on a strikeforce card yet probably period.

TOWE -  I love how Kim is 1-1 and everyone thinks she should be fighting TOP level competitors already.  Get the fuck over it, she's got a long way to go. Nothing that chick does will ever be good enough due to the fact that most of her haters would gladly take her place at Randy's side if they could.  Do I think that fight was awful, YES!  Do I think its Kim's fault that the other girl SUCKED and made them both look bad, NO!

Who thinks Kim is worthy of "TOP level competition?"

Who said it's "Kim's fault the other girl SUCKED and made them both look bad?"

"Oh, so you want to be fed a 1-1 fighter that has WAYYYYYY less experience than you do so you can look good and build your name?  Nice logic..."

*** Miesha has been competing for one year and is 2-1. Kim claims she has been training in MMA for 5 years. If you count the smoker she has had 3 fights as well. Too much of a difference? Really? Even considering Kim's daily access to a gym and some of the best trainers on the planet? Really???

Miesha, call Andrew.

Cindy

Posted: 1 hour ago

"Instead you should thank Andrew Simon for airing a ton of different mma cards on HDNET Fights. "

*** Shoot! Not "instead" of... in addition to;) I wish we got HDNet in Lansing because I'd NEVER miss their programming!

Cindy

CindyO - 
TOWE -  I love how Kim is 1-1 and everyone thinks she should be fighting TOP level competitors already.  Get the fuck over it, she's got a long way to go. Nothing that chick does will ever be good enough due to the fact that most of her haters would gladly take her place at Randy's side if they could.  Do I think that fight was awful, YES!  Do I think its Kim's fault that the other girl SUCKED and made them both look bad, NO!

Who thinks Kim is worthy of "TOP level competition?"

"Oh, so you want to be fed a 1-1 fighter that has WAYYYYYY less experience than you do so you can look good and build your name?  Nice logic..."

*** Miesha has been competing for one year and is 2-1. Kim claims she has been training in MMA for 5 years. If you count the smoker she has had 3 fights as well. Too much of a difference? Really? Even considering Kim's daily access to a gym and some of the best trainers on the planet? Really???

Miesha, call Andrew.

Cindy

Posted: 1 hour ago

"Instead you should thank Andrew Simon for airing a ton of different mma cards on HDNET Fights. "

*** Shoot! Not "instead" of... in addition to;) I wish we got HDNet in Lansing because I'd NEVER miss their programming!

Cindy

:::Yawn:::  Your act is soooo old already...

it is pretty simple, someone wanted kim couture to get a win. This is very common with promoters, they usually do this to build up their local boy.

cung le made a career out of fighting tomato cans and building his record that way. No shock that kim couture is doing it.

Yawn

Wow...I kinda agreed.

btw, LMAO @ RIGGS RANT...awesome

What kind of weird ass midlife crisis is Randy going through to let this shit go on?

Miesha Tate!!!!!!  SHAME ON YOU!!!  I reffed 3 of your amateur fights that looked just like this, and your opponents had never even trained before!  The only difference was, you couldn't finish them.  Plus...  you walk around at around 150 lbs, maybe you should step up and fight Erin Toughill since you're getting so brave and outspoken up there at 2-1.  You think you've earned your right to be on TV?

Anyway... that fight was terrible for tv, and for women's MMA.  I didn't even know Riggs was on the show... that's riddiculous that his  ...or Darren Ngenoyama's fights weren't shown.  This sport is so frustrating.  Kim does train, and she is getting better... but they need to treat her like any other chic coming up the ranks.  Everybody needs to earn their spot, there's too much of this "exception" bs going on.  What's the point of putting in your time, and fighting your way up the ranks against the best, if there's no chance of being rewarded for it.  Being a top level fighter is loseing it's prestige, and it's sad.

CindyO -  Who thinks Kim is worthy of "TOP level competition?"

Miesha, call Andrew.

Cindy

Cindy,

Miesha's been training in MMA since '05, and is 4-1 amateur and 2-1 pro.  She also wrestled in hs.

Jerzey -  Miesha Tate!!!!!!  SHAME ON YOU!!!  I reffed 3 of your amateur fights that looked just like this, and your opponents had never even trained before!  The only difference was, you couldn't finish them.  Plus...  you walk around at around 150 lbs, maybe you should step up and fight Erin Toughill since you're getting so brave and outspoken up there at 2-1.  You think you've earned your right to be on TV?

Anyway... that fight was terrible for tv, and for women's MMA.  I didn't even know Riggs was on the show... that's riddiculous that his  ...or Darren Ngenoyama's fights weren't shown.  This sport is so frustrating.  Kim does train, and she is getting better... but they need to treat her like any other chic coming up the ranks.  Everybody needs to earn their spot, there's too much of this "exception" bs going on.  What's the point of putting in your time, and fighting your way up the ranks against the best, if there's no chance of being rewarded for it.  Being a top level fighter is loseing it's prestige, and it's sad.

Jerzey - 
CindyO -  Who thinks Kim is worthy of "TOP level competition?"

Miesha, call Andrew.

Cindy

Cindy,

Miesha's been training in MMA since '05, and is 4-1 amateur and 2-1 pro.  She also wrestled in hs.

PWNED

putting a fighter against a weak opponent is one thing..picking up some random girl off the street to get beat down on national tv is a totally different thing

hopefully strikeforce learned from this and never shows another.  outside the carano/cyborg possibility, I'll pass on the bitch fights.

goku - putting a fighter against a weak opponent is one thing..picking up some random girl off the street to get beat down on national tv is a totally different thing

+1

Its not so much an issue of it being an easy fight for Kim as it is that it was televised on a main card.

I sincerely hope that anyone who saw that fight has previously seen other women's fights. Because there are so few of them, the average person sees the only women's fight on a card as the rule rather than the exception if they have nothing to compare it to. I really wish it hadn't been represented that way.