Pointon should replace Rogan

Why is it the UFC is the only sport where some guy from fear factor who trains sport BJJ for recreation can be the colour commentator for the biggest orgnization in MMA. It's like some guy being a colour commentator for the NBA because he played pick up basketball at the Y, or being a broadcaster in the major leagues because he played slow pitch old timers soft ball. It makes the UFC look completely rinky dink Mickey Mouse. As the sport evolves, so to should the broadcast booth. Ross "the gladiator" Pointon has paid his dues and made his mark in the ring by laying it on the line. He also brings far more personality to the table than Rogan, and an international flavour to move away from traditional American guys. He stepped up last minute and fought Bisping, over matched and out gunned and has earned it. Dana owes him.

wtf is this?

Troll.

You make Canadians seem lame, and that's not cool.

Dennis Miller did color for NFL... I don't even think he plays flag football.

There are lots of great broadcasters who never played the sport that they cover. I don't recall ever seeing Howard Cosell with a pair of boxing gloves on.

it's one thing to be a play by play guy as someone with little connection to the sport, it's a complete different thing to be a colour commentator where the standards shall be higher. Rogan takes his job for granted by carrying on like a typical UG fan boy with a mic, and there are more deserving guys out there like Pointon.

Ill give this a 3....only because I laughed so hard. Good Job!! Ross speaks English and still needed subtitles on TUF.

Stop hatin on Rogan you fuckstick! One of the best things to happen to mma, and the UFC. Maybe not one of the best things, but you get my point.

waterbottle

Everyone knows Rogan while you and a couple dozen fans know who Ross is.

LOL at this thread. 

^
I hope that wasn't intended to make Joe look better.

Joe Rogan is the Man

WC17 is upset causs Rogan wasn't impressed with his Canadian hero Sam Stout.

By the way, where the fuck did you come up with Ross Pointon as a replacement? What's his commentary gonna be like?:

Goldberg: So Ross give us the breakdown on Matt Hughes

Ross: He's a fucking fighter

Goldberg: Interesting, anything else to add?

Ross: He'll pound your bloody face in mate

Because Rogan was there back in the early days

Yeah, I remember Joe back stage whingeing about Vitor being all flaky around UFC 17. He's a vet' alright.

with Pointon youd have to hear "yeah" every other second.

WC17=Ross Pointon

"Why is it the UFC is the only sport where some guy from fear factor who trains sport BJJ for recreation can be the colour commentator for the biggest orgnization in MMA. It's like some guy being a colour commentator for the NBA because he played pick up basketball at the Y, or being a broadcaster in the major leagues because he played slow pitch old timers soft ball. It makes the UFC look completely rinky dink Mickey Mouse. As the sport evolves, so to should the broadcast booth. Ross "the gladiator" Pointon has paid his dues and made his mark in the ring by laying it on the line. He also brings far more personality to the table than Rogan, and an international flavour to move away from traditional American guys. He stepped up last minute and fought Bisping, over matched and out gunned and has earned it. Dana owes him."

Judging from your post you dont follow sports other than MMA. 3 words. Monday Night Football.  2 more words. Dennis Miller. End of discussion.

I'll admit that I find Ross entertaining, and having him as a third wheel could be funny. Replacing Joe with him should not and will not ever happen though.

"Judging from your post you dont follow sports other than MMA. 3 words. Monday Night Football. 2 more words. Dennis Miller. End of discussion. "

certainly dont follow American football it sucks shit. but who in the world besides America does?