Possibly the best KO ever, Hearns vs Duran

Gorgeous right cross

Hearns definitely my favorite fighter all time. Always exciting win or lose. Won the Light Heavyweight title against an undefeated Virgil Hill in 1991. Also first fighter ever to win titles in 4 weight classes. He was about to fight Hagler again but Leonard came out of retirement for that megafight.

1 Like

Fuck yea man. Thatā€™s best stuff Iā€™ve heard in a long time. Respect.

1 Like

Oh, yeah. I remember that fight well. It took place on my 22nd birthday & I was a big Sibson fan.

2 Likes

@sweetviolenturge , did you ever know Ricky Womack? He had beaten Evander Holyfield several times in the amateurs but never made it to the big stage.

1 Like

Holyfield Iā€™ve met but I never met Womack. Shame how things turned out for him though.

3 Likes

you need to write a book.

1 Like

What an insane jab Hearns had. I need to watch more of his fights.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Its depressing watching his fights TBH. He was a freak that maximized his immense talent, and weā€™ll never see his like again.

Steward said he wasnā€™t the most talented fighter in his gym, LOL.

Thanks for telling about this, pretty damn neat.

The size difference was disgusting. 5ā€™7" vs 6ā€™1"?

Duran was an animal, but also far too small.

Duran beat Iran Barkley at a higher weight after Barkley had obliterated Hearns.

But yes, Duranā€™s prime weight was 135. He was a hall of famer long before he fought Ray.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a shame that the great pipino cuevas ,a devastating puncher in his own right is more known for his losses to both hearns and duran.

Tommys cleanest ko

On the receiving end

What you amateurs fail to understand was that Duran was a much smaller man who reigned the lightweight division at 135 lbs for years before moving up weight classes as he aged, winning titles in 4 different weight classes. He was also 34 years old at this point. Way past his prime fighting in a division he had no business being in. Hearns also a fantastic fighter also was arguably in his prime at age 26. Duran had already had over 80 fights at this point in his career, having started fighting in 1968. Duran had no business fighting middleweights like Hearns and Hagler especially at this point in his career. But because he was so damn durable and tough he did

Treating this fight as a huge win for Hearns is revisionist. Duran was a huge underdog in this fight. Especially just having lost to the middleweight king Marvin Hagler in his previous fight by decision in a fight no one thought he would ever make it through. Hearns and Hagler were huge men. Side note Hagler beat Hearns in probably one of the best rounds ever in boxing history.

yeah we know all that but that doesnā€™t take away from the win.
Duran shouldā€™ve stayed in his lane but got too greedy.

2 Likes

It pains me to say this, but Special B has a little bit of a point.

Season 3 Ugh GIF by Parks and Recreation