Power Slap’s Inaugural PPV Announced for March 11 at the Apex

Power Slap is headed to pay-per-view next month. The controversial slap-fighting league backed by UFC President Dana White will hold its first PPV on Saturday, March 11 live from Las Vegas, Nevada at the UFC Apex. Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated first reported the news Tuesday morning.

Power Slap: Road to the Title is currently in its first season, with new episodes airing on TBS Wednesday nights at 10pm (EST) after AEW Dynamite. Two episodes in, the show is building an audience and drawing plenty of controversy.

The January 18 premiere averaged 295,000 viewers and drew a .10 rating in the P18-49 demo. The show generated a lot of buzz and saw a nearly-30% jump the following week. The eight-week series wraps March 8, leading into the PPV finale that weekend.

Power Slap PPV Card

The March 11 PPV will see four championship fights for the league’s four divisions, which are based on weight-classes.

Contenders for the inaugural light heavyweight, middleweight, and welterweight championships will be determined in the weeks ahead on the road to the title.

The main event will see slap fighting legends and RTTT coaches Darius “The Destroyer” Mata-Varona and “Wolverine” Ron Bata battling for the heavyweight crown.

Sports pundits and ‘MMA Twitter’ have bemoaned the very existence of the league, calling it barbaric and a new low for what’s fit to air on cable television. Despite the controversy, we’re about to find out if the public’s interest moves from casual curiosity to willing-to-open-your-wallet interest.

Have you been watching Power Slap: Road to the Title? Would you order the first Power Slap PPV event? Hit up the comments and let us know.

stroking GIF

10 Likes

If they do more than 3 buys I will be shocked.

12 Likes

Press on the UG and the News has been abominable

2 Likes

This shits kinda gay.

Big Brother Fight GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

3 Likes

The idea of PAYING for that nonsense is hilarious. I understand there’s a market for it on SpikeTV for people who staggered home from the bar. But those guys aren’t buying PPV’s.

7 Likes

For the low price of 89.99 you can see a bunch of guys you’ve never heard of slap each other senseless.

6 Likes

Who the fuck would pay?
My faith in humanity grows smaller by the day…

3 Likes

Not going to lie tried finding the two episodes and ran across a slap fight org and dare I say I kinda enjoyed it …I’m a moron and been hit in the head too many times so no wonder I enjoyed it.

1 Like

Borrowing right from the TUF model and going straight to PPV I see. Lol, I predict 100 buys.

but that was for free…

Any chance that PPV numbers will be exaggerated?

Fighters will share 1% of the revenue

2 Likes

I was gonna give a legitimate guess on a buy rate estimate, but I don’t see a price, so I can’t even guess. If it’s like $20 I could see them getting maybe like 10k buys, at the absolute most.

Ouch My Balls!

2 Likes

RIP

There are probably tourists willing to go see it in Vegas, not sure why everything has to be at the Apex. Probably their dumb exclusivity deal with T-Mobile arena

Kind of weird, big UFC card the same night at a never used before venue? The Theater At Virgin Hotels Las Vegas.

Did this Power Shit, push them out because Dana said to do so, or do they want the site fees at the new venue to subsidize this PPV or some other sneaky accounting?

Seems too close for comfort co-mingling like this has to be something sneaky going on. Wonder if the the Endeavor shareholders are privy to it.

Merab Dvalishvili vs. Petr Yan March 11 2023

1 Like