Pride Commentary = Bas + Douchebag

The dude talks backwards constantly.

Going for the takedown, is Kevin Randleman.

Throwing punches, is fedor.

Commentating, am I.

He's like Yoda, and it's damn annoying.

Bas has the worst insight out of any MMA announcer I've heard. If the fight is standing, "he should give him a liver kick". If the fight is on the ground, "he should turn him to his right". That's as deep as it goes...

Rogan, or any of the UFC guest commentators, would blow Bas out of the water.

Joe Rogan is great, Bas is good too. Mauro, well, I'll give him that he truly has researched his stuff. He knows what's going on, and always refers to past fights and events as to prove he indeed knows his stuff.

My problem with him is his overall cheeziness. Its like he tries to hard, like a used car salesman. But he aint so bad as to turn off the sound.

What bugged me more on Sunday was Quinton. He's funny as hell, but he made too many "me, me, me" comments while the fights were going on. With the right dose, he could be very good though.

I think Bas, Quadros AND new guy are all wankers...

LOL. This thread has been mentioned on puroresupower -

(there's a link to the thread on the page- http://www.puroresupower.com/)

(PRIDE) The level of hatred towards Mauro Ranallo on the Internet continues to skyrocket, and I think we at the PPH take full credit for continuing to book him on our show. Thank you critics. And, oh, to those who hate Ranallo - he's with PRIDE for at least two more years. Send him your fan mail at broadcastboy@msn.com.

douche bag = lil bitch

I'd say get a deticated MMA fan ala Rogan or another retired professional fighter with a substantial IQ.

Totally. If any of the pride people are reading this, bring back the "fight professor" Stephen Quadros! Bas and him worked out very well together. I wonder why he left in the first place...?

I don't like him. His voice is phoney, he has a penchant for hyperbole (to exagerate), and he suffers from verbal diahrea (sp).

I didn't like him when he did Muay Thai shows on TSN.

BTW, anyone who thinks he speaks Japanese has an IQ below 50.