Pride Report: Rampage vs. Arona

is this fight oficially on the GP card???

BTW, Arona by kneebar Rd 1

Mezger was a bigger and better wrestling than Rampage. I see arona getting him down... but rampage has a chance to get the knock out.

I have no doubt Arona will get Rampage down, but I don't think he will keep him there. I haven't seen Sak/Rampage in a while, but I don't remember Quinton spending much time on his back at all -- I'll have to watch it again.

Also, I've never seen anything to suggest Mezger is a better wrestler than Jackson. As for being bigger, they're the same height, and Rampage is heavier. Not to mention a lot stronger.

arona will get punched in the face and lose, that's my prediction

KKM has the right idea.

I don't really care who wins (although I'm pulling for a Quinton slam KO) I'm just glad this fight is happening.

The winner has to be considered the #2 guy in Pride and more than likely will get a title shot against Silva for the fall.

arona by sub late in round 1

Rampage is a good wrestler and so is Arona.

Past facts are useful but not absolute, as always:

- Randleman did not take down Rampage

- Bustamente took down Rampage

I think Arona should be able to take Rampage down but he'll have to work for them and also be weary of strikes in the process.

Arona doesnt seem to be as sub savvy as Busta but Arona is still Arona (AD champ from the BTT crew) so Rampage should be careful down there. Illoukhine was close with a kimura on Rampage so...but Rampage should be better sub prepared now.

Pretty hard to call.

since guys like Sak couldnt take Mezger down but he was able to take Rampage twice... a smaller murilo got rampage on his back whereas he wouldnt even get close with mezger as arona had an extremely hard time.

randleman was too small and short to effectivly take jackson down

why does everyone think rampage is invincible to the takedown??