Prime BJ Penn vs Prime Kazushi Sakuraba

Taz Styles - 
UGCTT SidRival's Butler - 
Nexuscrawlers -

Sakuraba fo sho.

he went the distance with Igor vovchanchyn (some even think he won that fight). BJ may be able to outland him for a little while, but i think sakuraba would find a way to win.

Went the distance with Vovchanchyn after going 90 MINUTES against Royce earlier that night! Phone Post

He fought for 105 minutes altogether in one night and Igor was a beast at the time.

Lets also consider the fact that Igor prob took more damage vs. Goodridge than Sak did vs. Royce.

But Sak definitely spent more energy for sure.

Penn by tko. If journeyman shembri can ko sak in his prime so could bj. Phone Post

voorhees - 
Taz Styles - 
UGCTT SidRival's Butler - 
Nexuscrawlers -

Sakuraba fo sho.

he went the distance with Igor vovchanchyn (some even think he won that fight). BJ may be able to outland him for a little while, but i think sakuraba would find a way to win.

Went the distance with Vovchanchyn after going 90 MINUTES against Royce earlier that night! Phone Post

He fought for 105 minutes altogether in one night and Igor was a beast at the time.

Lets also consider the fact that Igor prob took more damage vs. Goodridge than Sak did vs. Royce.

But Sak definitely spent more energy for sure.

That might be true, i can't remember the Goodridge fight that well, i havent seen it in a while.

Trackman 2 - 

Penn by tko. If journeyman shembri can ko sak in his prime so could bj. Phone Post

Sakuraba beat him in the rematch.

in Saku's prime no 185'er could stop that single leg. BJ would fade after the first 10 min round then get kneebarred.

Gobulcoque - Saku easy. BJ was never that good.

Troll.

Chaelismyhero - 
voorhees - Very good fight.

But Sakuraba could beat anyone on earth his own size or smaller in his prime.

I think Matt Hughes would of beat Saku in his prime.

That would of been a great fight aswell, i could see Sakuraba getting a submission.

Chaelismyhero - 

Even better fight.

Only thing I can think of is the fact that even Randleman wasnt able to wrestle/smash Sakuraba.

So I dunno where Hughes takes this to to win.

Standing?

No.I dont consider Sak a very good striker,but Hughes was even worse.

Submission?

Cant see anyone submitting prime Sak.NO ONE.(even though Hughes had very underrated BJJ)

Sak woulda submitted Hughes imo/Pride rules.
Great fight though Phone Post

Great hypothetical fight. I like both so much, I'd hate to pick a winner. Both would have advantages in different areas imo. I'd like to think Saku could catch BJ in some way, if there was some sort of scramble on the ground. But he's have hell of a time getting it there. An prime BJ wins the standup imo.

Its a shame that the 2 guys sakurabas size that could have beat him in his prime never fought him. (bustamonte and henderson) i wonder why pride never made either matchup. Phone Post

crossfire - 
Immaculata -
Gobulcoque - Saku easy. BJ was never that good.

Troll.

Maybe , but any one who thinks a prime BJ would stand a chance against a prime Kaz is either stupid or uneducated. Phone Post

A prime BJ fights at 155, so any version of BJ other than that would not be the best (prime) version BJ Penn. The BJ that beat Hughes in their first fight definitely would "stand a chance".

I do realize I'm responding to a Troll.

tinytuffnutz - Great hypothetical fight. I like both so much, I'd hate to pick a winner. Both would have advantages in different areas imo. I'd like to think Saku could catch BJ in some way, if there was some sort of scramble on the ground. But he's have hell of a time getting it there. An prime BJ wins the standup imo.

Sakuraba threw more kicks, so i could see him staying on the outside of BJ's reach and throwing leg kicks.

Duh Prodigy, duh.... Phone Post

crossfire - 
Taz Styles -
tinytuffnutz - Great hypothetical fight. I like both so much, I'd hate to pick a winner. Both would have advantages in different areas imo. I'd like to think Saku could catch BJ in some way, if there was some sort of scramble on the ground. But he's have hell of a time getting it there. An prime BJ wins the standup imo.

Sakuraba threw more kicks, so i could see him staying on the outside of BJ's reach and throwing leg kicks.

Lol , its a shame Brock vs Fedor didn't happen , right ? Phone Post

Is it?

oh!

Saku finds a way to win a decision. Phone Post

voorhees - 
Chaelismyhero - 

Even better fight.

Only thing I can think of is the fact that even Randleman wasnt able to wrestle/smash Sakuraba.

So I dunno where Hughes takes this to to win.

Standing?

No.I dont consider Sak a very good striker,but Hughes was even worse.

Submission?

Cant see anyone submitting prime Sak.NO ONE.(even though Hughes had very underrated BJJ)

Randleman sucks on the ground, Hughes was great on the ground when he hit his prime.

Would have been a great fight though and they were about the same size.

saku would win. saku's strengths were his heart, ability to confuse the shit out of everyone and unorthodox catch game(which gave fits to bjj guys.) penn despite his superior striking and takedown defense would eventually become frustrated and mentally quit. saku would then tap him. Probably a kimura with his size helping.

Hahaha. Sak would have owned BJ and would have clowned him in the process doing mongolian chops and ass spanks and shit Phone Post