Prime BJ Penn vs Prime Kazushi Sakuraba

Good what if match up.

After some though, I'd go with Sakuraba. 

Penn didn't have the power to put Sakuraba down. Penn is great at grappling and positioning, however the chain submissions of Sakuraba would eventually catch Penn imo. Something awkward like leg lock or kneebar, not your average rnc or armbar.

Sak would finally have a size advantage. I'd still take BJ. BJ would keep it standing and his boxing would win it.

I'm quite surprised at how many people picked Sakuraba to win, I thought everyone would just say Penn.

Sakuraba sends penn home crying to his momma

cool hand Ed - 

Sak wouldn't have been able to take down prime bj, and Penn destroys him on the feet. Easy win for Penn, bad matchup for sak. Phone Post

lol @ easy win for a guy with Cardio issues against Sak

MickColins - 

Sak would finally have a size advantage. I'd still take BJ. BJ would keep it standing and his boxing would win it.

I don't think in a fight to the finish that BJ can pack enough power to drop Sakuraba let alone knock him out. BJ's hands are crisp and accurate and all, but he showcased them against smaller guys.

Penn by rnc any rules. Phone Post

Gotta go with Sakuraba on this one. Phone Post

Damn, this could have been a great fight. I'm going to go with Sakuraba.

Chaelismyhero - 
Taz Styles - I'm quite surprised at how many people picked Sakuraba to win, I thought everyone would just say Penn.

Me too. I thought it would be all Penn,but people freakin love Saku. For good reasons,dude is awesome

Sakuraba was great, it's a shame he kept fighting for so long.

The only guys saku size that could beat him are hendo, busta, f sham and bad... No one else beats prime saku w/o a size advantage

Not Hughes, not BJ no one! Phone Post

CLINTK9 - GREAT THREAD!

While BJ makes this a VERY tough fight, I see Saku by UD IMO!

thanks, If the fight was in Pride i'd like to see how Bj would handle possibly going 10 minutes whit out a break.

CLINTK9 - GREAT THREAD!

While BJ makes this a VERY tough fight, I see Saku by UD IMO!

Me too Phone Post

Saku by decision

I dont see anyone subbing BJ, correct me if I'm wrong I dont think BJ has ever really been put in a sub or threatened by one, I'm trying to remember

liquidrob - Saku by decision

I dont see anyone subbing BJ, correct me if I'm wrong I dont think BJ has ever really been put in a sub or threatened by one, I'm trying to remember

I don't think he has.

liquidrob - Saku by decision

I don't think he has.

eagleswhat1 - In Pride...Saku...in the UFC...BJ

How do you think both fights would go?

Sakuraba by decision. Penn doesn't have the cardio for that 10 minute marathon round. After that the last 2 would be all downhill. Phone Post

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Sakuraba by decision. Penn doesn't have the cardio for that 10 minute marathon round. After that the last 2 would be all downhill. Phone Post

What if it was in the UFC?

Taz Styles - 
Trackman 2 - 

Penn by tko. If journeyman shembri can ko sak in his prime so could bj. Phone Post

Sakuraba beat him in the rematch.

Schembri was also getting completely OWNED for the ENTIRE fight....Sak then just got careless and got caught w/ a nasty knee from a seemingly harmless foe....Sak was already on the decline when this happened