Prime Ken Shamrock vs Rickson in Pride?

LOL!

And don’t even get me started on Freestyle scoring!
Talk about movements that are not applicable to real fighting!

it’s broken a lot of necks besides ken’s. It’s a fucking menace to society

That’s not the point of wrestling you dorky mark.

It is. The pin is symbolic death

1 Like

No it’s not. The pin is an expression of physical dominance. You’re far from being out of a fight on your back.

No, there’s a reason why the pin is found in every cultures wrestling. On your back, immobile with your vitals exposed is death. there are pins in koryu jiujitsu that translate to “compatriot kills him”

2 Likes

now rub those two iq points together and snap a witty rejoinder back

3 Likes

Not really the Point.

And save your insults for someone else. They don’t mean shit to me.

A lot of people don’t love freestyle scoring.
It’s an old conversation.

It takes significant training to be realistically defensive from your back, and even more to be offensive – especially without the protective etiquette of a dojo.

You might be surprised how many weekend warriors would get smashed, attempting a Kimura from guard in the gas station parking lot at 2AM.

We all saw the first few UFCs (well maybe not all of us), and understand the guard and submissions… Captain Obvious.
Modern MMA evolved from several disciplines, and wrestling is a big part of that.
Controlling where the fight takes place is a big deal.

Every art has it’s benefits and drawbacks.

Scoring for Olympic boxing has also been controversial over the years.
Care to make a snarky comment about that??

No, it’s been the 10 point must system for a few years now. They got rid of the points system.

Wow… a whole 5 years!

Nothing to see here folks, move along!

My friends some people on this internet thread talking lot of boooshit

We all know the world know who gonna win this contest

i agree with Hillbo about turns its a big part of wrestling But ur a great poster and dont deserve insults

1 Like

Ken never tried out for the Olympics its a flat out lie.Ricksons record bull too

Please do.

At least this thread about history is rational. There is a poster in a Conor thread trying to say UFC had a better HW division than PRIDE. Never mind the fact I pointed out UFC only had twenty HW fights in two years in that era and Fedor later went 3-0 vs the best UFC HWs of that era. They called PRIDE the XFL and UFC the NFL. TUF era fans can be pretty clueless. Who knows, maybe its a troll but I don’t think so.

Remind me again to never engage TUF era fans in discussion ever again. Jesus…

Kurt angle remembers beating him at the trials

I obviously wasn’t here at the time but the whole TUF Noob era on Sherdog in 2004 was hilarious.

Funny how a 2004 join date now would be considered a long tenured and knowledgeable fan.

Angle won in 1996 Ken was well into his MMA by then.

I’m just not a fan of freestyle scoring in general.
Folk isn’t perfect, but I prefer it.
Obviously if one wants to compete at the highest levels, they have to learn freestyle or Greco.
Just my opinion, and I love wrestling.

And thanks… The feeling is mutual.