Pro Wrestling hurts

Jumping on a bicycle w/o a seat on it also hurts.

"Pro wrestling hurts? No shit. It's one of the big reasons why Ken's and Saku's bodies have broken down so badly. All the years of taking bumps took their toll and took years off their fighting careers."

Same goes with Masakatsu Funaki. He started "pro wrestling" at like 15 or 16. Then he had like 40 shootfights in Pancrase where he fought guys like Ken Shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Bas Rutten, Yuki Kondo, Semmy Schilt, Ebeneezer Braga, etc... Then he fought Rickson Gracie. Then he retired. It took 4 years to put together the fight between him and Rickson. Too bad it didn't happen earlier.

Yeah, and it makes the 'competitors' EVEN MORE FUCKING RETARDED!

Busting yourself up for the pure entertainment of others, just unbelievably lame.

kid justice,

did you work the indies in buffalo/upstate new york under the moniker "kid justice"? If so, we might know each other

I used to hang with a guy named Kid Vicious...anyone know who that is today? He was also known as a serial-thrilla. He's in WWE now and bought my pro wrestling boots in 1998.

Nothing but respect for those guys. They bust their asses night in and night out for the pop of the crowd and the love of the sport and I will say it is a sport. Outcomes may be pre-determined but you have to be in top shape to hang with the best.

Not worth the injuries (I worked some of the same territories as Kid Justice, but we actually met when we were picked to audition at the first WWE Tough Enough try outs).

I wrestled Vampiro in the Toronto Skydome in 2001 at the Van's Warped Tour and trained with Ultimo Dragon and T2P in Mexico. I hung up my boots after 3 years and went back to sport wrestling and grappling.

wrestling also hurts when you get in the ring with a guy who can "strech" you

Jake that was a cool link to Mark Fleming's training stuff. I had no idea he was still doing that stuff now.

the Hurricane...Shane (Gregory) Helms was known as Kid Vicious. Did you ever meet him Jake? Cool dude and lives about 40 miles from me now. I see him every couple years or so. I sold him my white patent leather boots for Fitty bucks.

I like you retired after a few years. I could wrestle and had a "Flair" look from the early 80's but I was no good on the mic...just in the ring.

No, I never met helms but he is friends with a few of my friends that wrestled on the Colorado indy scene.

We are actually doing a few cool things with some UWFi guys in the coming months. Email me and I will tell you more (training@scientificwrestling.com).

Also, be sure to check out my site:

www.scientificwrestling.com

and the MMA.TV forum that I was asked me to lead:

http://www.mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?ac=SetMasterFrame&FID=180&PID=17

I think you'll like it. I have been able to recruit some very knowlegable mods and it is a fun forum if you can put up with the occasional, overly emotional flame war or two LOL.

Yeah I went to your site and saw the stuff on Mark. I may email you sometime but I'm not interested in being a mod for any website...LOL...too much like work...and not a "work".

I bet we wrestled with some of the same guys even though I've been out since '94. Here is a few of the guys I worked with...that could be relevant to some of your experiences.

Vladimir Koloff...Stan Lane...Rob Van Dam...the Patriot...Big Viscera...Jackie Fulton...the Maestro...Madd Maxx...Barry Horowitz...Rikki Nelson...Sean Powers...Chazz Rocco...John Savage...Buddy Blonze...all others would be retired or dead by 2000.

Oh I wasn't asking you to moderate, just wanted to point you to a place where you can find some likeminded individuals. It's been interesting reading your posts. :)

okay..cool..and thanks again.

"Same goes with Masakatsu Funaki. He started "pro wrestling" at like 15 or 16. Then he had like 40 shootfights in Pancrase where he fought guys like Ken Shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Bas Rutten, Yuki Kondo, Semmy Schilt, Ebeneezer Braga, etc..."

Actually, I think Funaki had more like 50 fights in Pancrase.

see...proof that no matter what you write someone will nitpick the details..LOL

In his worked match last night, HHH blew out his quad.

again? same thing happened yrs ago against Chris Jericho.

good thread

johnnynoname, I was not that Kid Justice. I believe he wrestled under a mask.

I worked the Colorado, Wyoming area under the name Kid Justice and I wrestled under a mask as El Gato Azul for a few shows.

Jake Shannon is the man! Ask Jake if pro wrestling hurts he broke a guys face while doing a stunner I believe... The dude has a titanium cheek plate now!!! 

Just want to add that the wrestler HHH tore the same quad he tore several years ago...It happend last night at the ppv