Pro Wrestling hurts

One man's name says it all. Mick Foley.

He has darn near broken everything....

That was pretty sick to see him get tossed from the top of the Hell in the cell cage right down to the annoucer table...and then his head gettin caught in between the ropes and gettin half of his ear ripped off

long live Brian Pillman

kid justice,
thanx for clearing that up

btw, i don't get why chris hero is so over. I'm not spewing hate towards another worker cuz he is actually a cool guy but i don't get him. He is not the second coming of guys like johnny saint or robbie brookside. He is a good worker but i don't get how he is sooo over

If you guys want to see a real badass , check out the thread titled TUF 6 audition .

"While they are not fighters by any stretch they are definitely atheletes. I'd also classify them as professional stuntmen as I'm sure a lot of the stuff they have to go through in training and matches hurts like hell."

I can't figure out who is hurting more in this picture, and what is this stunt called?  I saw a guy and a girl do this once in a back alley and they got arrested.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/HandshakeAgenda/Majorscrewup.gif

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/HandshakeAgenda/hhh.gif

KidJustice, I felt horrible but yeah, that was a brutal headbutt gone wrong. He put me in a full nelson and we had bad communication. I broke his cheek bone, his sinus bone, and some other bone in his face. He was a former AJPW trained guy and considered Big Van Vader's protege. He was also a linebacker for the Colorado Buffs, he is truly a tough guy and he does have a titanium plate in his face (really funny guy too).

Kid Justice is truly the man, he's a LEO, kickass martial artist, and a tough man champ.

I think BLAF really nailed it when he said:

"SOME of them are athletes, some of them are stuntmen, some of them are just juiced up bodybuilders who don't qualify as either. "

There is a real mix of people in sports entertainment, some athletes, some fat guys who are really fans that decided to try to live out a dream, stunt men, and body builders. It's a weird, fun culture but I just got annoyed with the injuries and the weirdos (that performed) that thought it was real. That being said, there are some amazing guys out there, especially at Dragon's Gate.

JakeWrestler  Thanks for the Props man!

I wrestled Chan on an IWF (Tamara's fed) show at the Gothic. He suplexed me 8 times in a row and I hardley felt it the guy was strong and could carry a match.  That was the first time I ever did a suicide drop kick from the top rope and I nailed it!

Good times man... Good times...

dragon's gate is amazing but i think alot of people watch their dvd's and think that all those guys can only do highspots
...little do casual fans, even most smart marks, know that all the puroresu guys can actually shoot for real.
guys like dragon kid, cima, yossino, magnum tokyo,etc can "protect" themselves when they need to- don't let the backflips and highspots fool ou

Yep, when I was at Ultimo Dragon's gym in Mexico with T2P back in 2001 most of practice was gymnastics (flips, rolls, etc. which I really sucked at, eventually broke my ankle trying a flip out of the ring at practice) and live grappling (I faired a little better at this part until I fractured my ankle). Truly an amazing time.

you were at that camp. cool
me and my friend damian got the email from sonny onoo to go as well but we didn't we couldn't afford to travel at the time
who ran the workouts?

That's too bad you guys couldn't make it, it was a pretty interesting experience (plus it would have been nice to have other English speakers there).

The workouts were run by a mexican guy (lucha trained, dressed like a power ranger), I can't remember his name for the life of me though. I was roommates with Touru Owashi and became pretty good friends with he and Shuji Kondo. Touru's father is a very well known Sumo champion and Shuji was a very good wrestler (and rugby player). Yoshino, Milano, TARUcito, and the rest were all there. CIMA and Magnum Tokyo only came to one practice (that's probably all they needed they were so good). Asai (UD) lead a couple of practices but it was mostly the lucha guy (his name will come to me). What was cool is a couple days we took the subway from Naucalpan to Mexico City and worked out at a few lucha gyms there too.

I had been doing submission grappling for years prior to getting into "sports entertainment" and I was surprised that most of the guys in T2P had amateur wrestling or judo experience. They told me that both were popular in high school (judo more so) so they were versed in submissions from judo when they got there, then they learned the standard puroresu shootwrestling holds (of varying quality). Japan's culture is much different and has traditionally been very supportive of combat sports while the US has largely been big on ball sports. The japanese view of pro-wrestling is much different than here in the states, but I am sure most people here already know that.

I thought Tank Abbot even said he got injured more in pro wrestling than in cage fighting.

comparing battlarts to dragons gate is kinda like comparing apples to oranges

on one hand, you have one of the better worked shoot feds ever and on the other you have a fed that coined the term "lucharesu"

"Japan's culture is much different and has traditionally been very supportive of combat sports while the US has largely been big on ball sports. The japanese view of pro-wrestling is much different than here in the states, but I am sure most people here already know that."

that is why japan is a dream for any technical/scientific worker. one wouldn't have to worry about the mutants who yell "boring" during a great sequence of hold for hold wrestling or "chain"wrestling.

good info

fun to read the stories.

i'll bet you a dolla you couldnt do it ;)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FYpT0mPGm38&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param></object>