Props to the Quietman!

Once again, Ruiz beats a top ten heavyweight. It aint pretty, but he gets the job done. I thought Fres would bring his "A" game and take the title, but I was wrong.

John "the Quietman" Ruiz proves the doubters(me included) wrong again!

love him mor hate him, he has wins over ,holyfield,jonson,rahman ,oquendo,hes fought better opositions then most of the top 10 heavies today

Come on now....

Evander is 80 years old and shouldn't be allowed in a ring, ever again.

Johnson is a career underachiever.

Rahman hit gold the luckiest night of his life, he was a never was. If Lennox would have been busy training and not makin movies, nobody would have ever heard of Hasim Rahman.

Oquendo is decent and if his chin would have held up he would have won the decision.

"Rahman hit gold the luckiest night of his life, he was a never was"

that's not fair; Rahman beat Tua and made it look easy

that said, Ruiz sucks harder than any other living human being

"that said, Ruiz sucks harder than any other living human being "

Ruiz is a cool guy I think; that's a bit much to say about a person just because he's boring to watch.

not "just" because he's boring as fuck; although that would be bad enough. Did you forget the total lack of class he displayed after his loss to RJJ?

"not "just" because he's boring as fuck; although that would be bad enough. Did you forget the total lack of class he displayed after his loss to RJJ?"

If Ruiz had fought the way he wanted to, there is a good chance he would have been dqed against Roy. Nady started warning him in the first round for roughing Roy up when he really didnt do anything-Ruiz changed his fight plan after that and tried to outbox Roy which was a stupid mistake. Better to get dqed than try and get a decision. Damn right, John felt bitter about knowing he wouldnt get a fair shake.

Johnny Ruiz is known as one of the good guys in the game. I earned a new respect for him last night-he wanted the fight more than Fres did and once again showed that his desire and hard work can overcome the other fighter's advantage in ability. Ruiz is a gritty blue collar champ.

Lack of class?! He lost his belt to a blown up middleweight, and Jones was taunting him all the way. Very embarassing loss, most guys (if they were well off) would probably just quit boxing then and there.

John Ruiz is all class man, that's the one thing he has. That's why I'm a fan of John Ruiz the man and always will be regardless of how boring he is to watch.

Stevesmoker,

Your response is typical of Ruiz haters,these guys are only bums after John makes them look bad. Johnson was the real deal,Rahman will kill Ruiz, Oquendo is too fast for him and has superior boxing skills. After Johnny beats them the same people that were championing said guys now say they suck. His style is extremely boring,but he's getting it done. And he's a good guy.

"Damn right, John felt bitter about knowing he wouldnt get a fair shake"

lol, screaming obsceneties at the ref from your corner in between rounds is all class? Ruiz was given more than one chance to give Roy come credit after the fight and he flat out refused.

Not to mention that the way he fights is illegal. Now when the ref won't let him habitually break the rules, he's not getting a fair shake. I've heard everything now

I say as punishment put Ruiz in with Tua again and see if he makes it further than 19 seconds this time. Or can leave the ring under his own power. I hated that shit he pulled in the RJJ fight. He knew he'd look stupid if he lost, he's just not as good as he thinks.

If John fought Tua again,he'd beat him. In the first fight John made a very amatuer mistake in going straight back and he got caught with a big punch it happens.

"If John fought Tua again,he'd beat him."

Don't know about that one. I'd say he'd last a little longer than last time, but Tua still gets to him and puts him to sleep.

Ruiz is a dirty fighter.

Ruiz/Holyfield I, II, III: Clinch filled crapathons where a much higher skilled fighter is forced into a clutch and grab fight.

Ruiz/Johnson: Clinch filled crapathon where a higher skilled fighter is forced into a clutch and grab fight.

Ruiz/Rahman: Clinch filled crapathon where a skilled fighter is forced into a clutch and grab fight.

Ruiz/Oquendo: I didn't see but sounds similar.

Ruiz gets major props for forcing people to fight his game plan, but my major problem with that is that Ruiz' style is illegal. Excessive clinching throughout 12 rounds is unacceptable. The one time that I've seen a ref with balls enough to not let Ruiz get away with all that crap, Ruiz loses 10 or more rounds in a 12 round fight. The man has NO PLAN B, and can't fight by the rules.

I love Tua but I think Ruiz would outpoint him at this point. As much as you all hate Ruiz, he is a top heavyweight and is a tough nut to crack. He is very good at taking people out of their game.

Ruiz just sucks to watch...sure, I'll give him credit for making it this far...however, not because of his genius in the ring...instead...I'll give him credit because he has made it this far being such a shitty boxer.

"The one time that I've seen a ref with balls enough to not let Ruiz get away with all that crap, Ruiz loses 10 or more rounds in a 12 round fight."

I agree completely...the one opportunity he had to shut everyone up, and he looked worse than ususal.

i don't understand why the people who are going to be fighting him don't make getting a good ref more of an issue

Rahman, Johnson, Fres and Holyfield were all ranked in the top ten of Heavyweights by ring magazine at the time that Ruiz beat them.

At a time when fighters are CONSTANTLY criticized for the level of opposition they face, here comes a guy that faces absolutely ANYONE you put in front of him...all of them being top 10 guys and what does he get? Criticism.

Ruiz's resume is better than ANY heavyweight in boxing right now. He will fight anyone. He always comes prepared to fight and the ONLY fighter that has been able to take Ruiz out of his game in the last 5 years is generally recognized as the best on the planet and a man that anyone here would agree can beat almost every HW out there.

Fine, he's boring. Fine, he clinches but a boxer's record has 3 columns: win, lose and draw...and Ruiz keeps adding top ten Heavyweights to his win columns and regardless of how he does it, he gets it done.

And for that Rogie is 100% correct, the Quiet Man deserves his props. Actaully it would be hard to justify anything less than a #2 if not even a #1 ranking in the heavyweight division.

Lets see who wins next week, give the winner Ruiz and let's see what happens.

Peace.

as much as i hqate ruiz and how boring he is to watch,i agree 100 percent with molson,he faced the best oposition, out of all the heavies,vitali is right up there too and byrd,other then that evryone else is untested

Yes, Molson, Ruiz wins blah blah blah, but when you take into account that he cheats to get most of those wins then the wins don't mean anything.

The referees need to grow some balls and start calling him on his crap. Low blows that land because Ruiz is pulling his opponent downward as they are punching should not be ruled as low blows for example.