Pros Reactions To Jones VS Gustafsson

Junior Dos Santos- Guys just remembering that in a close decision the champion keeps the belt because the challenger must have a clear victory to win the fight

Michael bisping- I'm sorry but that's bullshit.

Sarah Kaufman- Omg crazy fight!! I have jones for sure taking rds 4/5 but the first 3 are a toss up. I have jones eking out rd 2/3 so 49-46 but idk #ufc165

Carlos Condit- Wow... I smell a rematch

Luke Rockhold- Nail bitter, I got Gusta by split"

Gray Maynard- I thought @AlexTheMauler won that one

Tito Ortiz Hats off to @AlexTheMauler great fight I had u winning. Wow great show.

Ed Soares -I thought it was very close but I thought Gus did a little more but congrats to both guys that was an incredible fight.

Daniel Cormier- 3-2 Jones, very close fight. 2,4,5. Gus had 4 until he got hurt with elbow to end the round.

Martin Kampmann- That was BS! Gustaffson won that fight!!

Kenny Florian-To recap: I clearly had Gustafsson for rnd 1 & 2. Had Jones winning 3, 4 & 5. In close rnds, u have to assume rnds will go to champ.

There are a lot more reactions, but the consensus seems to be Gus edged it, but all agree it was a close, awesome fight.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/22/4756880/ufc-165-in-tweets-pros-score-jon-jones-vs-alexander-gustafsson-react

ttt

Hope there is a rematch soon. Phone Post

It was close way closer than most are making it out to be. I'm not a jones fan at all and tonight showed what happens when he fights guys close to his own size but, with that said he also showed a great chin and huge heart. You have to beat the champ to be the champ and those close rounds obviously went to jones.

It reminded me of Lewis VS Vitaly Klitschko ,Two guys who are use to being the bigger man finally meeting another guy who can match there size and neither willing to give up. Phone Post 3.0

After that performance I think it's safe to say Jones should probably forget about going to heavyweight for a while. Phone Post 3.0

That stuff about having to take the title from the champ to become champ, or whatever, comes from boxing. It's never really been the case in MMA, just ask BJ Penn. Phone Post 3.0

Daniel Cormier- 3-2 Jones, very close fight. 2,4,5. Gus had 4 until he got hurt with elbow to end the round.

Gusta by split? Apparently, Luke doesn't understand scoring. Split decision doesn't mean a fighter won 3 rounds and lost 2. It means the judges disagreed on who they scored to be the winner of the fight.

I have it exactly like Cormier did.

I felr the same as Cormier. Great fight. Pumped for a rematcg Phone Post

I fucking hate this kind of shit..

.In close rnds, u have to assume rnds will go to champ.

Guys just remembering that in a close decision the champion keeps the belt

The winner of the round should win the round, period.

12SixElbow - 

I fucking hate this kind of shit..

.In close rnds, u have to assume rnds will go to champ.

Guys just remembering that in a close decision the champion keeps the belt

The winner of the round should win the round, period.

This

That's a thing from boxing, so that they can protect their champs. We don't want that in MMA.

Too bad we let Boxing run our sport...

Haha bisping Phone Post

Rockhold not only attempts to predict the outcome, but also the judges indecisiveness Phone Post 3.0

Complete. Fucking. Bullshit. Phone Post 3.0

This "Take it from the champ." is BULLSHIT.

How about score the fight exactly how it unfolds, like a professional?

BuddyRevell -

Gusta by split? Apparently, Luke doesn't understand scoring. Split decision doesn't mean a fighter won 3 rounds and lost 2. It means the judges disagreed on who they scored to be the winner of the fight.

What are you talking about? He's saying that he thought Gus was going to win a split decision... Phone Post 3.0

Brabatross -
BuddyRevell -

What are you talking about? He's saying that he thought Gus was going to win a split decision... Phone Post 3.0
"Gusta by split" means he thinks the fight was a split decision, which is impossible. It's a logical fallacy, if you understand the scoring system predicting a win by split decision is to say that you're predicting that one judge will score it wrong and 2 will score it right. I immediately saw that and it raised my eyebrow too that rock hold doesn't understand the scoring system, but a lot of fans don't either. Tons of times you'll hear "oh man he at least deserved a split decision" it's impossible to deserve a split decision, one fighter always wins, no matter by how tiny of a margin. Phone Post 3.0

DanTheWolfman - DC is the fucking man in all regards as usual, bias asside calls it the way the judges and stats did

Truth.

AlchemyIronworks -
Brabatross -
BuddyRevell -

"Gusta by split" means he thinks the fight was a split decision, which is impossible. It's a logical fallacy, if you understand the scoring system predicting a win by split decision is to say that you're predicting that one judge will score it wrong and 2 will score it right. I immediately saw that and it raised my eyebrow too that rock hold doesn't understand the scoring system, but a lot of fans don't either. Tons of times you'll hear "oh man he at least deserved a split decision" it's impossible to deserve a split decision, one fighter always wins, no matter by how tiny of a margin. Phone Post 3.0
No, it means his prediction is that not all three judges will give it to Gus, but that two out of three will

It's a prediction, not him scoring the fight himself. Phone Post 3.0

if jones didnt land that elbow in the 4th he would have lost.