Pros Reactions To Jones VS Gustafsson

easedel - It really does boggle my mind how some fighters are giving that "beat the champ to be the champ" bullshit line

There is a general consensus in combat sports that titles should change hands decisively. People don't like to see Forrest/Rampage like outcomes. The fact is there are a lot of tossup rounds where are argument for who won can go both ways.

Lol at not liking having to "beat the champ". Isn't that the whole fucking point? If you can't come in and either somewhat decisively win rounds or damage the current champ then you don't get the strap.

BuddyRevell - 

Luke Rockhold- Nail bitter, I got Gusta by split"

Daniel Cormier- 3-2 Jones, very close fight. 2,4,5. Gus had 4 until he got hurt with elbow to end the round.

Gusta by split? Apparently, Luke doesn't understand scoring. Split decision doesn't mean a fighter won 3 rounds and lost 2. It means the judges disagreed on who they scored to be the winner of the fight.

I have it exactly like Cormier did.

Maybe he understands a split decision. What's wrong with predicting the judges will score it a split decision?

stonepony - 
DanTheWolfman - DC is the fucking man in all regards as usual, bias asside calls it the way the judges and stats did

Truth.

DC wants to get paid, he has history with Jones not with Gus. A DC/Jones title fight would be a way bigger ppv than DC/Gus

You have to beat the champ to be the champ

i get tired of this champion benifit of the doubt bullshit, the winner of the round should win the round period.

Kinkle - 
BuddyRevell - 

Daniel Cormier- 3-2 Jones, very close fight. 2,4,5. Gus had 4 until he got hurt with elbow to end the round.

Gusta by split? Apparently, Luke doesn't understand scoring. Split decision doesn't mean a fighter won 3 rounds and lost 2. It means the judges disagreed on who they scored to be the winner of the fight.

Maybe he understands a split decision. What's wrong with predicting the judges will score it a split decision?

It wasn't a prediction. It was how he scored it. His next tweet after the decision was announced said "Unanimous idk close one." 

"It wasn't a prediction. It was how he scored it. His next tweet after the decision was announced said "Unanimous idk close one." "

Maybe he changed his mind, or tweeted that after he heard it was a UD. The fact that he tweeted that after also does not mean he used "split decision" incorrectly, you are inferring things that he never said.

Kinkle - 
BuddyRevell - 

Right. It is illogical to say that a fight SHOULD be a split decision, but there is nothing illogical about predicting it WILL be a split decision.

Luke Rockhold has multiple personalities, 2 of his personalities scored for Gus and the other scored for Jones. Thus, making it a split decision.

You guys are making me go retard. Phone Post 3.0

12SixElbow - 

I fucking hate this kind of shit..

.In close rnds, u have to assume rnds will go to champ.

Guys just remembering that in a close decision the champion keeps the belt

The winner of the round should win the round, period.

Agreed.

While the Judges mindset could be that, it's wrong. The winner should always get the nod however close it may be.

Alexander Gustafsson ?@AlexTheMauler 50m<br />Didnt go my way last nite but ill be back stronger thats a promise!!! Wanna thanks all my fans u r

Jon Bones Jones ?@JonnyBones 12h Thank you for everyone support. I felt a little off my game tonight but I learned alot about myself and I promise to come back better.

Hospital photo of both warriors :

http://instagram.com/p/ekkL_wQzU3/

12SixElbow -

I fucking hate this kind of shit..

.In close rnds, u have to assume rnds will go to champ.

Guys just remembering that in a close decision the champion keeps the belt

The winner of the round should win the round, period.

Dude, this, 100 percent.

I'm with you man.

The whole "you have to beat the champ to be the champ" phrase is ridiculous, and so is "if the round is close it goes to the champ".

I fucking hate that. If you win the fight, you win the fight. If you win the round, you win the round. All of the rules remain the same. It's not the like the champion gets a special handicap or something.

I thought Alex won that fight, but what a spectacular fight that was. Phone Post 3.0

CaptainAhab - Thanks for the thread OP... very interesting.

I can't find the link right now, but last night someone posted the scorecards of all the media sites that were doing live play-by-play. The vast majority saw it the way the two judges did - 48-47 Jones.

That's also how I had it, giving Jones 2, 4, 5.

No problem.

you can find all the scorecards of all the media sites ay mmadecisions.com

I could see it 3-2 both ways.

Augustus_Caesar_Showtime'd_My_Butthole - Haters need to listen to JDS. To be the man, you got to beat the man. Phone Post
No, just no.

God i fucking hate that phrase. Phone Post 3.0

PMcG - After that performance I think it's safe to say Jones should probably forget about going to heavyweight for a while. Phone Post 3.0

This. I believe he could smash top 10 to 5, but it would be a nightmare to get past like JDS, Cain, Cormier, Bigfoot or even Overeem.

steverowbotham - I felr the same as Cormier. Great fight. Pumped for a rematcg Phone Post
This. Phone Post 3.0

TheDecider - 
easedel - It really does boggle my mind how some fighters are giving that "beat the champ to be the champ" bullshit line
<br />
There is a general consensus in combat sports that titles should change hands decisively. People don't like to see Forrest/Rampage like outcomes. The fact is there are a lot of tossup rounds where are argument for who won can go both ways.<br />
<br />
Lol at not liking having to &quot;beat the champ&quot;. Isn't that the whole fucking point? If you can't come in and either somewhat decisively win rounds or damage the current champ then you don't get the strap.</blockquote>

Gus didn't "damage the champ"??? how's that?

He made him go to the hospital looking like the elephant man had a child with kim kardashians plastic surgery lips.

BuddyRevell -

Maybe he thought Gus won, but is predicting one of the judges will call it for Jones? Phone Post 3.0

Would edit my last post if not for iPhone app Phone Post 3.0

DanTheWolfman - DC is the fucking man in all regards as usual, bias asside calls it the way the judges and stats did

You sure? I'm pretty sure Daniel just wants to beat Jones up, so he's going to say he won. Phone Post

Agree with Cormier. That elbow in the 4th saved Jones' belt. If not, Majority decision Gus Phone Post 3.0