Q an A With Denis Kang

fokket, I think the most succesful team in Korea so far has probably been Team Tackle and Korean Top Team. I think there are other ones but I don't know them. Eun Soo Lee is someone I wanted to fight for the Spirit Belt but unfortunately he had to go to the army.

Stephan, training at ATT is going awesome. As far as their style is concerned they are very technical their BJJ is very ValeTudo-ish like my own. Very close to the original Carlson Sr Style.

Gonz, my fave skater is Vancouver's own Philty Phil Medwig of course ! That dude can olly witht he best of them. I once saw him pull off a kickflip to varial to olli to spread eagle ! Crazy.

i wonder if boa or hyori knows denis kang or does denis know these too?

punk hit me up,

tkang22@hotmail.com

Denis is fairly well known, he's a model for Everlast in Korea

http://www.taekwon.net/webzine_img0/con_img/news_image/20040803deniskang021.jpg

http://www.taekwon.net/webzine_img0/con_img/news_image/20040803deniskang011.jpg

I used to train with Eun Soo Lee back in the days when MMA was non existent in Korea. LOL, I remember him asking me if I could get protein powder :) He's doing civil service though. His buddy Hyung Kwang Kim is doing Army.

dendawg kicked that guy's arse in the paint wall punching comp :) you got some nasty hooks bro!

whos the chick in the pic??

fokket,

Do I know you? I train at Team Tackle and I fought in Spirit twice. If you know Hyun Kwang and Eun Su, I think that we should know each other.

fos

I REALLY like the pictures :)

-ShelbyGirl

Denis, one of these days we gotta meet! I spoke with Marcus a few weeks back and hopefully we cross paths somewhere in the near future, either in Korea, Japan, or Van.

Anyways, some non-fight related questions. Hope its not too many, but I'm stuck in the middle of China right now!

1) do you like to read? and if so, what subject or author inspires you?
2) of the places you've travelled, which did you like the best and why? Korea, Brazil, Japan, or Russia, etc?
3) as a teacher, you obviously deal with all levels of students. what type of (non-pro) student is the hardest to teach and which is the easiest?
4) favourite beer?

James

fos,

what's your name?

5 o'clock

gimme an e-mail

fokketAThotmail.com

Hi Denis Kang,

i'm adopted from Korea and would really love to fight there. Could you send me some information on who to contact?

My e-mail is thomas.hytten@shootersmma.com

yours in arts,

JCJ, I love reading. Especially Historical fiction like Garry Jennings,Bernard Cornwell etc I also like non-fiction history last good one I read was "Mapping Human History by Steve Olson. Of all my travels I like Rio the best but Korea and Florida are a dam close second. I also like St Petersburg and Hawaii. Hardest type of student to teach IMO is the complete beginner with no athletic experience, but it's also the most rewarding. Favorite beer is Guiness !

Ookami, email me at deniskang@hotmail.com or if you can read korean go to the Spirit website www.spiritmc.org

Denis,

isn't it true that skateboarders make the best BJJ students...?.:)

Denis,

What was the deal with your fight with Suzuki? The ref looked like he was pulling some fishy stuff on that one.

Denis........I have heard talk of you and Joe Riggs wanting to fight.

I think this would be a great match.

Anyway, I know You are the WFF middle weight champ, and Joe Riggs training partners Jamie Varner and Drew Fickett have had fights in the WFF since it Became a shooto organization.

Do you think this meens that there is a chance the fight between you and Riggs could happen in the WFF any time soon???

I know that fight would be great.

Thanks for taking the time to drop in.