Question about the UFC

when you punch you make yourself vulnerable to counter techniques

well i will happily provide you with the punchs for you to counter

uncle fu... you're being toyed with. It's quite sad, really.

I guarantee you "Tassled" doesn't live in NZ. He must have known that you were from there, so he's using it to play with your mind.

Wristlocks work in similar fashion to toeholds. You have to control a limb then go for the smaller joint.

Generic Aikido-style wristlocks that are derived from catching punches out of the air aren't going to work.

I'll give you 7.0 for using 'wristlocks' in the first post.

Tasseled One,

I can appreciate your admiration for aikido and I also do for all Martial-arts.
Let me remind you that the reason the UFC was created was to first find the most effective with style vs. style.

It has been demonstrated that the ground is that Jiu-jitsu is the most effective in one art but even they need to also learn striking to compete at the top.
For the record though, here is an Aikido fighter did in the UFC: http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=885

9.2 very well executed.

Here's his record on another site that shows his style: http://fcfighter.brinkster.net/fighter.asp?FighterID=238065

Name: Jack McGlaughlin
Pro Record: 1-4-0
Style: Aikido
Send Additional Profile Information
* Record is calculated based upon the fights in our database. The format is Win/Lose/Draw. Fights resulting in No Contest (NC) are not included in this total.

Professional Fight Record

Result Opponent Method Time Round Event Date Comment Video Available Pictures

Lose Joel Sutton Submission (Strikes) 2:01 1 Ultimate Fighting Championship 6: Clash of the Titans 7/14/1995 Purchase

Lose William Knorr Submission (Guillotine Choke) 0:47 1 International Fighting Championship: Mayhem in Mississippi 8/23/1996

Win Wayne Braswell 0:00 International Fighting Championship: World Tour 9/14/1996

Lose Wes Gassaway 0:00 International Fighting Championship: World Tour 9/14/1996

fuck i hope this tasseld guy lives here cos i am gona show him how hard it is to get wrist lock while someone is smacking him in the face