Question about the UFC

Holy crap I bet Tasseled One is shitting himself now especially if he lives in Auckland

I'm in East Auckland.

if you are serious and want to test your wristlocks send me mma mail and we can arrange a time and place.

I don't know what mma mail is.

see that envelope looking thing beside my name? unclefu

click the envelope

message sent

Real funny unclefu, feel free to fess up now.

9.5, just because of all the people who bought it.

Another forum regular creating a new name just to troll the forum. Same old shit.

this guy is for real!!!! i just got mmamail

Subject: wristlocks
Date: 28-Aug-06 - 06:14 AM
Options: add user to buddy list : Ignore Sender

Reply : Mark Un-Read : Delete Msg
hey dude I don''t mind showing you a couple of wristlocks but if you want to go hard out I would have to add in some other stuff that could result in serious injury, and I''d prefer not to have that on my concsience. so please clarify what you''d be looking to do if we were to get together.

my reply

I suggest since you want to see if wristlocks work in mma, that we have an mma rules fight somewhere. you can attempt to wristlock me all you want during the fight. i am happy if you want to go light contact or full contact

let me know what you think

What was the point of getting me to send you a mail if you were just going to post it on the forum?

i didnt actually beleive you would send me mail. but am happy you did. if you are serious and want this to happen, lets arrange a time and a place and in the immortal words of Big John "Lets get it on!!!!"

How about you sign a waiver to let him use his wicked-deadly secret aikodo techniques during the bout? If he refuses maybe you can bribe him with some sweet Dragonball wallscrolls.

i will am happy with that unless he has been trained by Steven Segal

What's KKM?

If wristlocks are so useless how do you explain this guy devoting a whole chapter to them in an MMA DVD??

http://www.budovideos.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=23080&cat=446&page=1

Tassled one i think you shoudl get that DVD it would very beneficial for you setting up the wristlocks. well it may actually give you a chance to set one up

so I am guessing troll, but I can't help but take the bait, so.....

after about 5 years of aikido I can say I am experieced in the art, and I left because it is "art"
there is a big difference between having a partner taking ukemi for you and the real world, I watched my 4th dan insturctor who used to box get taken down and tapped by a guy, who wasn't very good, with 2 years of jiujitsu

yes I like the philosophy of aikido, and it was fun to do, but it will get you hurt on the street. every now and then I catch someone in my guard with a wrist lock, but this is jj and not mma because if I put two hands on one wrist in mma then I get punched in the head. now against a weapon some of the techniques are valuable, or against someone who does not know anything. however taking someones balance is very hard to do is someone has had minimal training in boxing or thai boxing, and the don't leave those hands out there for the wrist grabs. well my 2 cents, spend it wisely

Mato

I thought wristlocks were hopeless??

they are, but if you learn a setup you will try it while i punch you in the face