Question for MODS re: racism/bigotry on the UG

Mods....mods ??? Please mods come save me !! Mods I need you!!!! Waaaaahhhhh mods????

Bad men be swearing and calling faggots!!!

Funny how these types of threads never bring up nor condemn the many faggots who go on threads about whites being victimized by "People of colour" and just bash and redicule the white victims the thread is reporting on and any white OG'ers commenting on the latest attack.  

I guess that sort of thing doesn't make the cut eh.

ChomskyBlackBelt -
hooha -

MODS? I know I'm gonna hear from all the dimwits here ("SJW, snowflake, faggot" etc. - Amerikkka truly is great again!) but MODS?

And btw, I fully support anyone's right to think freely; hate on anybody/anything as much as you want in private - but here in a public forum (just like you see elsewhere on the net) there are policies that prohibit those kinds of hateful comments. Those policies exist here too, but seem to never be enforced, even though we see action can be taken, like when folks bash fighters...

So yeah, you racist assholes are part of the "real world" (thanks for the advice Blazing Knees you fucking mouth-breather shitstain) but so are reasonable, worldly, decent people. 

But here, outside of the "real world" it's clear (even from the few posts already here) that most folks on the UG are white racist dudes... and what's the worst you fucks have been called here? Racist? That's as bad as it gets for you "snowflakes"! That's what gets you fuckers all mad - being called "racist"! 

Let me tell you about the ‘real world’ OP.

In the ‘real world’, almost every single one of the imbeciles that spew racist, sexist or homophobic garbage on an anonymous Internet forum, are actually pussies. And they would never say that shit in the ‘real world’ because they’d be called out for their idiocy or possibly get their asses beat.

I understand your frustration. Still, I wouldn’t want to silence anybody from saying what they want to, I like this place the way it is.

OP, just take solace in the fact that the tools who post shit like that, do so because in the ‘real world’ they are cowards.

Ha! Thanks CBB, you're a real gentleman! My issue is with the moderators or whoever runs the site, because from my understanding, overtly racist/bigoted comments are not allowed here on the UG. Maybe I'm wrong, but I could have sworn I read that years ago when I signed up (along with "no fighter bashing, etc"). 

And sure it's kind of true that in the "real world" most of these folks keep it to themselves, but it's clear that white-nationalism, white-pride, neo-Nazi groups, etc. are become more emboldened these days and are speaking out more. And I believe that it's their right to believe whatever they want - it just should not be tolerated on a public MMA forum that has moderators to oversee what's written. 

Almost every time I'm here I see some nasty anti-semitic comment (any thread about A. Helwani is filled with "jew" comments), always anti-Muslim/Arab comments and when the discussion is about race (eg: Tyron Woodley threads) - oh man! 

So MODS? Clear this up for me - what's the UGs official position? Am I wrong or is that shit really not allowed here?

Thanks again CBB!

Dashabox -

Funny how these types of threads never bring up nor condemn the many faggots who go on threads about whites being victimized by "People of colour" and just bash and redicule the white victims the thread is reporting on and any white OG'ers commenting on the latest attack.  

In all my years here Dashabox, I've never seen any thread where a "person of colour" started a racist thread against whites, nor have I ever seen whites "victimized" here. Truly, liberal-minded or progressive people make up a tiny, tiny part of the UG. I've seen people get upset here from offensive comments and sure, sometimes they get gross right back - but never have I seen what (I think) you're describing!

You're saying that no one defends the white people who have been attacked here, right?

Can you give me any example of that? The only thing that seems to offend white people here is being called "racist" (usually after they've written something racist). 

Sandy Pantz - So you're saying 99% of the people here are bigots? And yet you choose to stay? Interesting

Alright, 98%...

wiggum - It's a good question.

Tbh, I’m kind of just curious about the policy, generally. People get away with very blatant racism, sexism, homophobia, antisemitism, etc. Stuff that goes way beyond being “borderline.”

What’s the policy?

I stay on this forum because of the great posters. We’ve been having great conversations about fighters for years. And I know that I don’t agree with all of the great posters on politics. But a lot of the bigotry has made me want to leave. And I’ve been close to deleting my account several times.

Agreed wiggum (on all points).

Hopefully a moderator will respond here and we can all learn about the official policy on the UG when it comes to overtly racist/bigoted posts…

pidgey - Op is a fgt? Too soon?

Too soon my li'l pidgey, too soon.

Good post. The racist and bigoted assholes on here are killing the boards. The number of tough guy keyboard warriors running around calling people "faggots" is unreal. And that type of hatred seems to be, at the very least, tolerated.

It's why I don't come by too often anymore.

This place is not far from being a hate filled, far right echo chamber.

“daily you can read overtly racist shit against blacks, Muslims, Arabs, Jews (never mind women or lgbt)...”

Hey fitty cent, it seems you’ve left out a certain group here. Or is this another people can’t be racist against whites thread? Either way, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anything dorkier than crying to mods on a damn fight forum because you’re so sensitive lol! 

x9uv -

fucking SJW snowflakes. 

learn to be offended. its OK. I'll get you a participation trophy if you really need it. 

there are no winners here. now everybody hold hands and share a secret. 

Curious x9uv - are you from a group that gets regularly targeted here on the UG?

I'm cool being offended when I can't control things, but in a place like this (made up of all kinds of people from all over the world) I'd like to be able to talk about all things MMA  and not have to read nasty comments about Jews each day. Or see black people called "monkeys", etc. etc. etc. 

Want to tell me that I'm a stupid fuckhead for liking this or that fighter? Tell me I'm an idiot for my opinion about the outcome of some fight? Fine. Perfect. But don't bring bigoted stuff into the picture. 

Do you get offended here x9uv? Either way, whether you do or don't - do you understand why someone doesn't want to have to read that shit on a public sports forum (especially when it's not allowed on other sports forums)?

hooha -
Dashabox -

In all my years here Dashabox, I've never seen any thread where a "person of colour" started a racist thread against whites, nor have I ever seen whites "victimized" here. Truly, liberal-minded or progressive people make up a tiny, tiny part of the UG. I've seen people get upset here from offensive comments and sure, sometimes they get gross right back - but never have I seen what (I think) you're describing!

You're saying that no one defends the white people who have been attacked here, right?

Can you give me any example of that? The only thing that seems to offend white people here is being called "racist" (usually after they've written something racist). 

I wasn't referring to white OG'ers being attacked in threads (Though it does happen), frankly I couldn't give a shit about that and I wasnt talking about Og'ers of colour either.  I was referring to threads about the latest terror attack or the latest incident of black on white violence where you get the usual shit birds who just go in those threads to incite and make fun of the victims in the stories while calling everyone a racist Nazi.

If you can't see that than perhaps you just stay away from those threads or maybe you just don't notice it because that sort of behaviour is just so normalized in our society.

For the record I am not supporting any type of Racism here, you can search my post history and not find any racist remarks. 

hooha -
x9uv -

fucking SJW snowflakes. 

learn to be offended. its OK. I'll get you a participation trophy if you really need it. 

Curious x9uv - are you from a group that gets regularly targeted here on the UG?

I'm cool being offended when I can't control things, but in a place like this (made up of all kinds of people from all over the world) I'd like to be able to talk about all things MMA  and not have to read nasty comments about Jews each day. Or see black people called "monkeys", etc. etc. etc. 

Want to tell me that I'm a stupid fuckhead for liking this or that fighter? Tell me I'm an idiot for my opinion about the outcome of some fight? Fine. Perfect. But don't bring bigoted stuff into the picture. 

Do you get offended here x9uv? Either way, whether you do or don't - do you understand why someone doesn't want to have to read that shit on a public sports forum (especially when it's not allowed on other sports forums)?

Curse words offend people. You should tone down the language hypocrite. 

When offended, you make yourself a victim. Sack up.

StrikingMMA -
hooha - 

MODS? I know I'm gonna hear from all the dimwits here ("SJW, snowflake, faggot" etc. - Amerikkka truly is great again!) but MODS?

And btw, I fully support anyone's right to think freely; hate on anybody/anything as much as you want in private - but here in a public forum (just like you see elsewhere on the net) there are policies that prohibit those kinds of hateful comments. Those policies exist here too, but seem to never be enforced, even though we see action can be taken, like when folks bash fighters...

So yeah, you racist assholes are part of the "real world" (thanks for the advice Blazing Knees you fucking mouth-breather shitstain) but so are reasonable, worldly, decent people. 

But here, outside of the "real world" it's clear (even from the few posts already here) that most folks on the UG are white racist dudes... and what's the worst you fucks have been called here? Racist? That's as bad as it gets for you "snowflakes"! That's what gets you fuckers all mad - being called "racist"! 

POC are usually the most racist and are comfortable with expressing it since they get a pass. People don’t seem to call it really racism unless it’s a white person expressing it.

"POC are usually the most racist"? That’s why there were "Blacks only" drinking fountains in the USA, right? And all that history of whites being lynched in the South? I mean, what history of racism against POC, right? Fake news, right? 

Despite your upside-down reasoning StrikingMMA, let me ask you: do you see an overwhelming amount of POC (or even lefties/progressives, lgbtq, etc.) here on the UG? Do you see them starting racist threads about whites here? If so, what do they say? "Whites are…" what? Besides "racist" (if that were the case, let’s say) what would you see here? What racist things do POC write about whites here?

I mean I’ve seen all kinds of comments here about Jews, Muslims, blacks, Hispanics, women, gays - and no one was calling them "racist" - they were being called the whole truckload of shit that gets regularly assigned to them: parasites, terrorists, bitches/whores, faggots, rapists, criminals, dirty, thieving, uneducated, etc. etc. - Wow, so many different hurtful words for each minority group! 

White men do not suffer on the UG, don’t make like they do. Nor should they! Nor should anyone not be allowed to think what they want to think. But in a public sports forum, no one should be allowed to write racist stuff (against anybody) as is the norm on most public forums connected to a sport, journal, network, etc.

KirkBJJ -
hooha -
x9uv -

fucking SJW snowflakes. 

Curse words offend people. You should tone down the language hypocrite. 

We're talking about racism and bigotry here. We're allowed to swear here on the UG. We're allowed to tell someone that they're a fucking idiot for like Conor McGregor (or for hating him). Supposedly, we're not allowed to fighter-bash or write racist things on the UG.  

I'm guessing you're just a white, straight guy. Nothing wrong with that. But if that's so, then you have no idea about what it feels like to check out some seemingly interesting thread about a fighter or some event, only to find nasty racist shit directed at the group you're from. Often. Pretty much daily. 

Gets tiring, y'know? And when there are supposed to be guidelines, it kind of makes a person want to ask them to be actually used. Why do we need to read that shit? It's a fucking sports forum!

hooha -
StrikingMMA -
hooha - 

POC are usually the most racist and are comfortable with expressing it since they get a pass. People don’t seem to call it really racism unless it’s a white person expressing it.

"POC are usually the most racist"? That’s why there were "Blacks only" drinking fountains in the USA, right? And all that history of whites being lynched in the South? I mean, what history of racism against POC, right? Fake news, right? 

Despite your upside-down reasoning StrikingMMA, let me ask you: do you see an overwhelming amount of POC (or even lefties/progressives, lgbtq, etc.) here on the UG? Do you see them starting racist threads about whites here? If so, what do they say? "Whites are…" what? Besides "racist" (if that were the case, let’s say) what would you see here? What racist things do POC write about whites here?

I mean I’ve seen all kinds of comments here about Jews, Muslims, blacks, Hispanics, women, gays - and no one was calling them "racist" - they were being called the whole truckload of shit that gets regularly assigned to them: parasites, terrorists, bitches/whores, faggots, rapists, criminals, dirty, thieving, uneducated, etc. etc. - Wow, so many different hurtful words for each minority group! 

White men do not suffer on the UG, don’t make like they do. Nor should they! Nor should anyone not be allowed to think what they want to think. But in a public sports forum, no one should be allowed to write racist stuff (against anybody) as is the norm on most public forums connected to a sport, journal, network, etc.

As an Italian your fist paragraph triggers me lol

The largest lynching in American history was a bunch of Italians but no one cares and it is never discussed.  Italians were also thrown into internment camps during WW2 but people only care about the Japanese.  My ancestors were stolen from Sicily many, many times through the ages and brought to Africa and the ME and used as slaves, in greater numbers than Africans brought to America but guess what, it isnt taugh in the schools, there are no emotional movies or TV shows made about it, no one today talks about it or gives two shits about it despite European, African and Arab historians all recording it.  

My point is that black people and other non-whites are not the only victims of history nor are they the only victims today, far from it actually.  Non-whites get called bad things on the OG, so do whites, if you actually look for it.  The main difference is the rediculous levels of interacial violence targeted at whites today, in the real world.

This thread needs to be moved to the OG. It’s a space that OP’s comments can be engaged and debated on the merits. 

Upperdog - When offended, you make yourself a victim. Sack up.

Right, so when someone or some group attacks you and your people all throughout history up to present day - just ignore it, do nothing - that's your message?

Don't stand up for yourself or your loved ones or for what's right, rather just pretend that there's not a human part of you that reacts to truly offensive insults or bahaviour. Create some kind of Hollywood fantasy that somehow you can just be stronger and make yourself into something (like a mobster? What the fuck are you using The Departed as your example?!) and THAT will allow you to be bigger than insults and being offended...

Here, Upperdog - here's a better lesson from real life: If you or your people are shit on by assholes - stand up for yourself. Say something. Start some dialogue. You might open someone's mind but if not, at least you don't let yourself get pushed around. That's how you avoid being a vicim. Not by pretending that the bad shit out there doesn't exist or that it doesn't affect you.

Not something that I feel I'd have to explain to someone who actually has been on the receiving end of discrimination. 

KirkBJJ -

“daily you can read overtly racist shit against blacks, Muslims, Arabs, Jews (never mind women or lgbt)...”

Hey fitty cent, it seems you’ve left out a certain group here. Or is this another people can’t be racist against whites thread? Either way, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anything dorkier than crying to mods on a damn fight forum because you’re so sensitive lol! 

KirkBJJ - check out my other posts on this thread - WHERE do you see white people being on the receiving end of racist shit here on the UG? And if so - tell me, what racist comments are receivingd? Don't respond "they're being called 'racists'"! That would be fucking pathetic. 

And I'm calling on the mods to come out and tell us the official policy. My understanding is "no fighter bashing" and "no racist comments".

If you had to read shit about your cultural group every single day, when you're just trying to read stuff about fighting on a "damn fight forum" - you'd get sensitive too! You just don't ever experience it, so you have no idea. 

LiveWire -

This thread needs to be moved to the OG. It’s a space that OP’s comments can be engaged and debated on the merits. 

I'm just asking the mods about what the official policy is here on the UG.