Questions about Brazil

No prob, dog. It's turned into a really informative thread.

Greg

qazzaq,

Carlson's is perfect for you. Check out my article on it in Fightscene.

fightscene.com?

andre, thanks. carlson gracie?? wheres his place at?? btw, I think I need to download something to get into that websight.. so it says at least.

which ones are the small schools and which ones are the big schools?

master jiu jitsu in copacabana is pretty small.. about 10 ppl per class. rodrigo "cumprido" medeiros is the instructor, as is ricardo viera "ricardinho".

Anyone been to Roleta's school in Copacabana? Any information on them? Thanks. Great tread.

Wow this thread is very interesting. So about how much a month were you guys spending while over in brazil? I am talking about rent, food, and training. How much would a guy need? And with these schools do you just show up there and say I want to train and they just take you in? I am very interested in the smaller schools.

Thank you

Dillyman- Here is a conversation I had with somebody living in rio about just that- http://jiujitsu-international.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=805#805

little, thanks. where did that guy train??

Wow, thanks littlec , that was awesome. Really gives me hope. Can anyone recomend some schools that I can look into?

Thanks again

another good thread about goin to rio. i cant wait to go.

Roleta´s school is in Barra at Atlantico Sul,, last I heard anyway. Nice school, nice and clean and not too many students.

Soca´s school is also another smaller school with high quality instruction. It is located in Barra and I haven´t seen it but I have heard good things about it.

There is another Top Team school in Barra,, it use to be Ricardo Liborio´s school before he went to the US. Young black belt but a nice looking school.

Another place is in Recreio a neighbourhood in Rio which is pretty quiet and probably the cheapest place to live good beach for surfing and there is a club there with the "Viking" the man who started Krugans Kimonos, they also have Judo there.

A place also in Barra is at the KS acadamey is a guy named Renan. He is one of I think 5 people to get a black belt from Roll Gracie Sr. His club is laid back not so much for serious training but more just to train.
I hope some of this helps
Rusty

Sorry guys just a couple more questions.
For those of you who have actually gone to brazil to train did you have everything arranged before hand?
Before you went did you have a school picked out and living arrangments already set, or did you just go and figure it out when you got there?

qazzaq- That guy trains at Gracie Barra.

BTW- If anybody has any info on Saulos academy in Copacabana I would appreciate it.

ttt

How is the training at the "termas" academies?
heh

For plane tickets, you have to check out 800-BACC-RIO.

Only once have I ever found cheaper tickets elsewhere. They are a consolidator specializing in US/Brazil travel out of New York.

ttt

this should be archived; if it already hasn't.