Questions about getting knocked out

Props given to OP for posting video of himself KTFO

I have such deep empathy for the OP and the crushing anxiety he must feel right now as he sits up late at night searching the Internet for concsussion symptoms and checks his vitals every five minutes.

I also am chuckling a little bit.

A lot o people posted jokes in this thread about op or his health but man if you've ever had a concussion with some serious side effects like my cousin who was a straight a student one conclusion from football and now he literally can't retain new material. I had one so bad I could be In a lit room for over two weeks cause I would fry my eyes. I don't understand how you guys can laugh at something so serious. Phone Post

Imagine if jyt didnt have on headgear. He would have died!

So, if I've had too many concussions to remember them all, is that a bad....

Wait, what were we talking about?

Video didnt make it look like you'd been training for 4 years, i mean really? the other guy didnt look much better than a random dude either. Head straight in the air and reaching with his shots.

Was not expecting to see a video.

Fair play posting it. Phone Post

Devlin - Video didnt make it look like you'd been training for 4 years, i mean really? the other guy didnt look much better than a random dude either. Head straight in the air and reaching with his shots.

It was 3 minutes in and I was pretty tired (I have horrible cardio). You don't have to believe me but i've been in and out of the gym since I was 14.

Themanders1 - 

A lot o people posted jokes in this thread about op or his health but man if you've ever had a concussion with some serious side effects like my cousin who was a straight a student one conclusion from football and now he literally can't retain new material. I had one so bad I could be In a lit room for over two weeks cause I would fry my eyes. I don't understand how you guys can laugh at something so serious. Phone Post

To be honest if I had never been knocked out before I would've laughed at this thread to.

sunnyko -
IDOHARM -
sunnyko - I've KOd plenty of friends and been KOd once (same scenario as yours, I was winning and woke up on the ground)

These guys bitching about backyard fighting or saying to get checked out are high! Nobody I've ever KOd had been checked out and they're all alive and well.

I did get into a brutal fight with a guy once, and brutally KTFO of him, and gave him a concussion (he kept randomly passing out the rest of the night, so I hear). In that case yea get checked out, but getting KOd for 5 secs is nothing. Phone Post

Worst advice ever. "Don't get your head checked, unless you're passing out" is a terrible modus operandi. I fractured my skull and didn't pass out at all. Shit happens, and everybody reacts differently. Phone Post

Probably right, if medical was free... But in the real world I live in, it cost a pretty penny for docs. I'm not saying don't go but at least make sure you have more symptoms, unless of coarse you're made of money. Phone Post

You're blind to your own retardation, aren't you? Phone Post

jyt -
Devlin - Video didnt make it look like you'd been training for 4 years, i mean really? the other guy didnt look much better than a random dude either. Head straight in the air and reaching with his shots.

It was 3 minutes in and I was pretty tired (I have horrible cardio). You don't have to believe me but i've been in and out of the gym since I was 14.

And there is the discrepancy in your information. "In and out" doesn't mean training at AKA for 4 years. Training 3-5 nights a week every week for 4 years means training for 4 years. Phone Post

IDOHARM -
sunnyko - I've KOd plenty of friends and been KOd once (same scenario as yours, I was winning and woke up on the ground)

These guys bitching about backyard fighting or saying to get checked out are high! Nobody I've ever KOd had been checked out and they're all alive and well.

I did get into a brutal fight with a guy once, and brutally KTFO of him, and gave him a concussion (he kept randomly passing out the rest of the night, so I hear). In that case yea get checked out, but getting KOd for 5 secs is nothing. Phone Post

Worst advice ever. "Don't get your head checked, unless you're passing out" is a terrible modus operandi. I fractured my skull and didn't pass out at all. Shit happens, and everybody reacts differently. Phone Post

Agreed. Phone Post