Rampage addresses the fans

Following the EXCLUSIVE interview that MMABay conducted on earlier this week with former UFC light heavyweight champion, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson regarding his thoughts towards heated rival Rashad Evans, we have been swamped with requests from his fans to find out the full story behind his retirement and his current position with the UFC.

Due to this we took “Rampage” up on his previous offer of another interview in order to get to the bottom of the situation and to ask him about the movie business in general and the Memphis native wasn’t shy on sharing his thoughts.

“I’m addressing the fans only here, I think I owe them an explanation. Yeah I feel the things I said (in my blog) are true and yeah, I don’t like Rashad Evans because of the type of person he is. He talks smack and he tries to turn around on how it’s me that’s the one who’s talking smack and not him. At first I really wanted this fight to get my belt back but since doing “The Ultimate Fighter” show and six weeks of him talking the way he’s talking and him just being the way he is, yeah it makes me wanna fight Rashad, especially after he said he’d punch me in the face for free. I’m having none of that either.”

“The bottom line is I’m thinking, ‘What should I do?’ My family is standing behind me 100% and my kids are too young to even care. All my kids know is I’m always gone and I’m not spending much time with them and I even asked my dog how does he feel and my dog said, ‘Who the hell are you, I don’t know even know you no more. I don’t even know you, why you even talking to me?’ My dog just looked at me, licked his nose, lit up a fart and walked out my room.”

“Everybody knows I’m doing this A-Team movie and now I’ve got a lot of other movie offers and it’s for big money. So I’m thinking, ‘What should I do? Should I let an organisation disrespect me, tell me what I can’t do, make loads of money off me and call me a baby?’ I love the fans. I really do love the fans and I’m thinking, ‘Should I go out there and give them what they wanna see?’ The fans buy the Pay-Per-Views, they give you the strength to go out there and put on a show because their cheering for you but I’ve grown to like making movies. This movie is really fun, I get to shoot people and that something I’ve never done before because I’m too nice of a guy. But every time I shoot somebody I see Rashad’s face over and over, like I get to shoot Rashad thousands of times and it’s fun. I get to beat people up. I can put anybody’s face on them and beat the hell out of them.

“People are coming up to me with all these other movies and I’m thinking, ‘Man, do I really wanna bust my ass in training every day, have all these injuries, worries about whether I look good and whether I’m going to win?’ I don’t have that with the movies, I already know what’s gonna happen, it’s scripted so there’s just no worries. At the end of the day I go home, I can just kick back and enjoy myself. But I can’t lie, my heart is with fighting. When I meet my good fans on the street and they say, ‘Oh man, you’re the reason why I got into the UFC’ or I see a fan wearing my t-shirt it, means a lot to me. It means a lot to me that the fans like me and my fighting style and I really respect that. That’s a part of fighting that would keep me there and keep me motivated.”

“I want the fans to know that I’m not abandoning you just because of the comments from Dana White or the UFC. Don’t think that I’m running away or selling out because the main reason I got into fighting is to make money, I’ve always been honest about that. I want to take care of my family cos my Mom and Dad never really had a whole lot. they’ve never really gone nowhere. I want them to go on vacation to Hawaii, and do what normal people do on vacation. I want my Mom to have a nice house, a nice car, wear nice dresses and never have to worry about anything like that. Whether you guys know it or not I’ve always wanted to do movies, but I know fighting is what got me there and I’ve still got love for my fans.”

“But Rashad, that boy, he just don’t know who I am really. He don’t know that he shouldn’t talk to me like that. He has no idea what he’s dealing with. The only thing I can tell you fans is everybody knows I’m a spiritual person and I have to leave it up to my heavenly father. I’m gonna pray to him and ask him what role he wants me to take, what road he wants me to go. He’s the one that’s given me all the skills that I have. For Dana to say that I’m not a movie star and that he’s heard it before, I don’t think there’s been someone like me. So I’m going to pray to my Farther who gave me these skills and see where he wants me to go and leave it up to him. If he wants me to fight and do movies or just do movies or just fight then he’ll direct me. I’m gonna put everything in his hands.”

As previously stated, Quinton has an open policy to talk to MMABay ONLY on the situation surrounding his retirement from the UFC and has promised further interviews in the coming days.

By Michael Pepper. (Follow me on Twitter)mmabay.co.uk/Story%2002803.html

lol oh man,  I can just hear his voice in those words and its pretty funny

Their cheering for you are thei?

classic MMABAY bullshit

I say good for Quinton. Let the man eat.

I will miss him, but its a "no brainer".

I'd go do some movies!!!!!

"oh my kids, my kids" -RAMPAGE

Then why the fuck does TMZ film you going in and out of clubs every night?

ninjas will be ninjas....

Right before the lindland fight on my 19th birthday I gotta hold of Rampage via his fan phone line. That definitly made my day since I had tried a few times to no avail a month or so prior. I was shocked that he picked up and almost was at a loss of words, but he was so friendly and talkative it was just a great experience. Rampage fan for life.

If he burns the bridge with UFC, Strike Force isn't a bad option. I'm sure the money is good and he can pursue his dreams.

"I love my fans so much that I get the ones who can't speak English to say 'suck my dick, I'm a faggot!' to the camera so I can release it on a DVD later...even the disabled ones! I'm a very spiritual person. I have to take care of my kids."

nobones - Se he's basically saying he doesn't like fighting and he never did he only did it for the money. No matter what, it's over for Rampage as a fighter. He doesn't have the drive anymore. He can go back and train but he won't push himself to be the best he can be. And Rashad is no joke. Rashad's not a washed up Wanderlei Silva. Rashad's not Keith Jardine. Rashad's not Chuck Liddell. Rampage is basically ducking Rashad. He talks a big game but he knows that the chances of him beating Rashad are at best 50/50. And he knows he couldn't stand losing, not to him.

Actually with this post, my interest in watching this fight has dwindled greatly. His mind is occupied with other things he won't perform at his best he can't anymore. He already has taken way too much time off. This post is nothing more than an admission that he can't compete at the highest level anymore.

So good luck Rampage. I won't support you in your new endeavors but hope the money you've turned down fighting (which could have been enough to put all your kids through college and buy your mom 3 new houses) you are able to make up in Hollywood.

Rampage always said he hated training. He hates training, hates practicing martial arts, he only likes to fight. He has said this on many occasions. He said he never watches any MMA, does not even enjoy watching the sport, only watches tape on the guy he is fighting.

he has not interest in the sport of MMA according to past interviews as a fan at least.

This choice was a no brainer for him

So the guy is leaving MMA to make more money  and people are pissed at him? Yea, Rampage should stick to fighting, making less money, because some guys on the internet think he should.

Rampage says he loves fighting but he is going where the money is. How can you hate on him for that? Making movies is easier on your body and a lot less demanding than traing non-stop.

yawn

I would make the same decision.  If the movie gig doesn't work he can always go back to fighting.  Get paid while you can. 

Well, it's gay to leave there's a whole TV show setup for your upcoming fight. At least finish that goddamn fight before going off and doing some shitty acting in crappy movies.

Easy decision to make, imo.

More power to you, Rampage.

does anyone know rashad personally here, seriously? because in tuf it always seems that rampage is the instigator, then rashad joins along, then rampage gets mad. i realize a lot of tuf or reality tv in general is scripted and they edit the shit out of it, so rampage could be right about rashad being a jerk, but aside from being cocky while fighting i've always percieved rashad to be a nice fellow. in interviews, he seems like a very nice guy. i don't know what to believe.

greentrousers - does anyone know rashad personally here, seriously? because in tuf it always seems that rampage is the instigator, then rashad joins along, then rampage gets mad. i realize a lot of tuf or reality tv in general is scripted and they edit the shit out of it, so rampage could be right about rashad being a jerk, but aside from being cocky while fighting i've always percieved rashad to be a nice fellow. in interviews, he seems like a very nice guy. i don't know what to believe.

I wouldn't say that I know him personally but I have met and spoken to him a couple of times...to me he came across as a genuinely nice and polite guy who does the "cocky black guy" routine a bit more jokingly than people realize some of the time.

Reports were that he got a bit too pleased with himself after winning the title, but who wouldn't?

Mike Sanders - "I love my fans so much that I get the ones who can't speak English to say 'suck my dick, I'm a faggot!' to the camera so I can release it on a DVD later...even the disabled ones! I'm a very spiritual person. I have to take care of my kids."

LOLOL. Does anyone have a link to that youtube video of that?

so he's happy to take the free publicity that the UFC gave him and parlay it into a movie career, but at the same time he wants to say the UFC didn't promote him or pay him like they should have?