Rampage has never lost to a wrestler...

In a total of 37 professional MMA fights, Rampage has only lost 7 times.  Let's break it down...

Loss #1: A unanimous decision of Marvin Eastman in his 3rd pro fight. While yes, technically, Marvin has some collegiate wrestling, he's more brawler and boxer than wrestler.  Regardless, I will chalk this up to bad judging, and a very green 21-year old Rampage.  He later avenged the loss with a KO...

Loss #2: Getting choked out by Sakuraba.  Not a wrestler.

Loss #3: Daijiro Matsui - Illegal knee to the balls - a DQ loss

Loss #4: Wanderlei - Muay Thai, not wrestling

Loss #5: Wanderlei again...

Loss #6: Shogun - More Muay Thai...

Loss #7: Forest Griffin - again not a wrestler.

---

Of the stand-out wrestler's that Rampage HAS fought...he has beaten them all.

1) Kevin Randleman - Knocked Out

2) Chuck Liddell - TKO'd

3) Minowaman - TKO'd

4) Matt Lindland - Unanimous Decision

5) Chuck Liddell - TKO'd once more

6) Dan Henderson - Unanimous Decision

Rashad is a wrestler with KO punches.  So are all of the above, aside from Minowaman.

There you have it folks.  If history has any say, Rashad is either getting KO'd, or it will be a unanimous decision.  Rampage has never lost to a wrestler, and it seems like they are the best matchups for him.

I got my money on Page.

interesting take...but Rashad is a wrestling wrestler in this fight...lindland and henderson are good comparison points...liddell I think is much less so. Thanks for that though...i do think it's interesting.

Except that Sak was a wrestler.

How is Sakuraba not a wrestler?

sakuraba was not a wrestler in the american sense

not a high calibre one anyways

kanotoa - Except that Rashad has KO power.

because he threw a hail mary over hand right against chuck?  or because he head kicked a salmon?

really hope Rampage wins.  I am curious to see what Rashads game plan will be.

Obviously Saku isn't considered a wrestler because he never wrestled at a college or high school in the United States...Duh.

listing Sakuraba=fail

kanotoa - Except that Rashad has KO power.

And Liddell and Henderson don't?

How is Chuck a wrestler and Sakuraba not a wrestler?

Sak was a pretty decorated wrestler and he had the best single leg in MMA, hands down.

The MN Kid - Obviously Saku isn't considered a wrestler because he never wrestled at a college or high school in the United States...Duh.

lol, I think this is the logic.

Upon graduating from the university, Sakuraba had initially thought to remain with Chuo University as a coach. However, at the last minute he decided to pursue a career as a professional wrestler. According to Sakuraba, the impetus for this stemmed from a childhood dream of one day emulating Tiger Mask, a famous Japanese cartoon hero and real-life professional wrestler.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazushi_Sakuraba

So Chuck is listed as an outstanding wrestler and therefore their fights will be like the one with Rashad?

I don't get it.

1 - Sak is a wrestler

#2 - Rampage's decision over Lindland was a controversial one where some thought he lost (but if sak is not a wrestler, neither is lindlad)

I dont recall how the Ninja fight went but that was another close decision.

He also got a close decision over Bustamente

He also struggled vs Yoon

In short, Rampage has not always done well, in fact, he's struggled often against grapplers

Sak is not a wrestler??

And you don't consider Eastman a wrestler because he prefers to stand but don't apply the same logic to Chuck?

Vicious Psycho -  sakuraba was not a wrestler in the american sense

lol

kipling200 - How is Chuck a wrestler and Sakuraba not a wrestler?

Chuck was a D1 wrestler in college and one of the most effective (and under rated) wrestlers in MMA. He mostly used it defensively, so the less educated fan might not realize how amazingly effective he was with it. His wrestling is what gave him so many opportunities to knock peoples blocks off. It's also worth noting that he could takedown Vanderlei Silva at will when it fit his gameplan.

MMATH