Rampage has never lost to a wrestler...

GladiatorGannon - 
kipling200 - How is Chuck a wrestler and Sakuraba not a wrestler?

Chuck was a D1 wrestler in college and one of the most effective (and under rated) wrestlers in MMA. He mostly used it defensively, so the less educated fan might not realize how amazingly effective he was with it. His wrestling is what gave him so many opportunities to knock peoples blocks off. It's also worth noting that he could takedown Vanderlei Silva at will when it fit his gameplan.

I understand, I was just questioning his criteria for being a wrestler, since they both wrestled in college.

The IQ Wrestler, not a Wrestler.

kipling200 - 
GladiatorGannon - 

Chuck was a D1 wrestler in college and one of the most effective (and under rated) wrestlers in MMA. He mostly used it defensively, so the less educated fan might not realize how amazingly effective he was with it. His wrestling is what gave him so many opportunities to knock peoples blocks off. It's also worth noting that he could takedown Vanderlei Silva at will when it fit his gameplan.

I understand, I was just questioning his criteria for being a wrestler, since they both wrestled in college.

Oh sorry, I get you.

Okay, you got me on the Sakuraba thing.  I always thought he was a judo/jiu-jitsu guy.  He is a wrestler, I was wrong.

But...he is not the same type of wrestler that american wrestlers are, which is what I really should've said in my original post.

Carry on!

Whatever, the point still stands...

Rampage has never lost to an AMERICAN wrestler.

Hus -  Okay, you got me on the Sakuraba thing.  I always thought he was a judo/jiu-jitsu guy.  He is a wrestler, I was wrong.

But...he is not the same type of wrestler that american wrestlers are...

He's freestyle, which is different from American Folkstyle, but all the best American wrestlers also did Freestyle or Greco.

King Mo was in a debate here recently, and in his opinion, if you had only wrestled folkstyle, you were pretty much jack shit as a wrestler. His standards are obviously a lot higher than ours, but I don't know any wrestler that doesn't consider a freestyle wrestler a real wrestler.

Sorry, but Eastman is an american wrestler.

You can't consider Eastman not a wrestler and still consider Chuck a wrestler when both guys have preferred to stand throughout their careers.

ttt

PanRoastedJinx - 
kanotoa - Except that Rashad has KO power.

because he threw a hail mary over hand right against chuck?  or because he head kicked a salmon?

he's not rally a ko striker, this is correct.

He hasnt koe's anyone of note except nyquil lidell (who rampage fucking ruined)

GladiatorGannon - Except that Sak was a wrestler.

GladiatorGannon - 

He has a wrestling background, sure, but would you put him on the wrestler half if the field like the OP?

also lindland, hendo, yoon dong sik and ninja ALL took rampage down and gave him close fights

Rashad is going to wrestle the fuck out of him if he wants to win.

PanRoastedJinx - 
kanotoa - Except that Rashad has KO power.

because he threw a hail mary over hand right against chuck?  or because he head kicked a salmon?

Did the punch KO Chuck? What about the kick/Salmon?

Eastman is a wrestler who beat him with wrestling. This was, of course a long ass time ago. Rampage showed a lot of heart in the fight, but Eastman had the win pretty clearly iirc.

Obviously Sakuraba is a wrestler as well.

unfortunately, now he is training in england. worse place to train if youre fighting a wrestler

I'm not reading two pages, but Sakuraba was a wrestler with a background in both freestyle and catch.

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
Hus -  ...He is a wrestler, I was wrong.... but ... he is not the same type of wrestler that american wrestlers are

What type of wrestler is he?

japanese wrestler

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
fortheloveofMMA - 
Herring In A Fur Coat - 
Hus -  ...He is a wrestler, I was wrong.... but ... he is not the same type of wrestler that american wrestlers are

What type of wrestler is he?

japanese wrestler
Ah, so.

Pro wresu

Hus -  Okay, you got me on the Sakuraba thing.  I always thought he was a judo/jiu-jitsu guy.  He is a wrestler, I was wrong.

But...he is not the same type of wrestler that american wrestlers are, which is what I really should've said in my original post.

Carry on!

Hey Champ, why don't you stop talking for a while?