MMA Underground Forums

Rampage vs Rashad CANCELLED!

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%2002551.html

MMABay can EXCLUSIVELY confirm that the inclusion of the lightweight title fight between B.J. Penn and Diego Sanchez at UFC 107 in Memphis, Tennessee on December 12th has been done in order to replace the clash between former light heavyweight champions, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Rashad Evans.

The move comes just days after “Rampage” signed a deal with 20th Century Fox to film the big screen version of the A-Team, which has already begun filming in Vancouver, Canada. The timing of the shoot would have left the Tennessee native with next to no time to prepare for the fight and therefore it has been scrapped from the card.

An announcement on this is expected to come in the following days by the UFC who have already secured a new main event that they hope will appease some of the disappointed fans who hoped to see the two season ten coaches of “The Ultimate Fighter” throw down after months of hype.

I guess we will all have to wait until next year.

By Michael Pepper.

LOL

Have someone else fight Rashad. Slide Thiago into that slot? Cane?

i will be the first to call bullshit

Mulletron5000 - i will be the first to call bullshit

I'll be second.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter;_ylt=Aqdd3XfO_UYHNxxBocCbUJI9Eo14

Rampage off UFC 107: Why is UFC in Memphis?
By Steve Cofield

The scheduling twists are non-stop in mixed martial arts. UFC is all set to make its return to Tennessee and debut in Memphis with a card following The Ultimate Fighter 10 on December 12. Why Memphis? Well, it's Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's hometown and he was expected to fight fellow TUF 10 coach Rashad Evans. That won't be happening according to MMABay, a British MMA site with close ties to Jackson's camp The Wolfslair. The site reports that the Evans-Jackson (pictured punching Cagewriter in the groin) fight has been dumped from the card.

Wow, what a bummer! After what should be the best TUF season ever, now we have to wait months for Evans and Jackson to climb in the cage? MMABay says Jackson's acting career won't allow him to get in a full training camp before UFC 107 in December. Rampage is expected to play the role of B.A. Baracus in the new A-Team movie which is currently filming in Vancouver.

UFC president Dana White, boarding a plane for Italy on Friday, was unavailable for comment.

So why Memphis? It seems like a risky proposition now with a depressed economy and no local star on the card. There's also the concerns of fighting in the South as the SEC football season is wrapping up and the NFL is in its playoff drive. Ultimate Fight Night 17 in Nashville got next to no coverage in the Tennessean, will it be any different with the Memphis Commercial and on local television and radio? UFC 102 in Portland fell little flat and failed to sellout. Could it have been because of little media coverage locally

Quinton Jackson 'not joining A-Team'

Thursday, August 27 2009, 12:59pm EDT

By Tim Parks, Entertainment Reporter

Quinton Jackson 'not joining A-Team'

Rex Features

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->

A representative for Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson has denied that the star will be cast in the movie adaptation of The A-Team.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship athlete was rumoured to be taking on the role of Sgt Bosco 'BA' Baracus for the '80s TV show's cinematic update.

The character was formerly played by Mr. T on the NBC series about members of a commando unit who are on the run for a crime they didn't commit.

However, a publicist for the 31-year-old told MTV that "his manager said it wasn't true".

Other stars who have been linked to the part include hip-hop performer The Game and Tyrese Gibson, while rapper Ice Cube had previously expressed an interest in playing the role.

Well I hope it is not true.

lol

Ya know I like MMABay's tactics.

Speculate and report your suspicions and when 1 out of the 10 reports is correct, you look like a genius!

Not saying that Rampage didn't fuck it up. Might be true.

Just saying I'll wait til someone like MMAJunkie confirms.....

newbyfan - http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter;_ylt=Aqdd3XfO_UYHNxxBocCbUJI9Eo14

Rampage off UFC 107: Why is UFC in Memphis?
By Steve Cofield

The scheduling twists are non-stop in mixed martial arts. UFC is all set to make its return to Tennessee and debut in Memphis with a card following The Ultimate Fighter 10 on December 12. Why Memphis? Well, it's Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's hometown and he was expected to fight fellow TUF 10 coach Rashad Evans. That won't be happening according to MMABay, a British MMA site with close ties to Jackson's camp The Wolfslair. The site reports that the Evans-Jackson (pictured punching Cagewriter in the groin) fight has been dumped from the card.

Wow, what a bummer! After what should be the best TUF season ever, now we have to wait months for Evans and Jackson to climb in the cage? MMABay says Jackson's acting career won't allow him to get in a full training camp before UFC 107 in December. Rampage is expected to play the role of B.A. Baracus in the new A-Team movie which is currently filming in Vancouver.

UFC president Dana White, boarding a plane for Italy on Friday, was unavailable for comment.

So why Memphis? It seems like a risky proposition now with a depressed economy and no local star on the card. There's also the concerns of fighting in the South as the SEC football season is wrapping up and the NFL is in its playoff drive. Ultimate Fight Night 17 in Nashville got next to no coverage in the Tennessean, will it be any different with the Memphis Commercial and on local television and radio? UFC 102 in Portland fell little flat and failed to sellout. Could it have been because of little media coverage locally

Im a homer becasue i live in TN but what cofield failed to mention is that UFN 18 in Nashville set the record for attendance for a fight night. MMA is big in the South and the SEC championship is Dec 5, there is a few weeks from then until bowl season so college football will have no affect on UFC 107. Also both of the local sports radio stations covered the event. 104.5 the zone has a weekly MMA hour, have been doing it for several years, which i would bet is one of the few mainstream sports stations that have an exclusive mma hour.

I know for sure that Rampage did get the A-Team role so this isn't surprising.

MMABay is hit or miss on scoops, but they do seem to have a good pipeline to Wolfslair so I think this is true.

what the fuck!

time will tell, i would like to see rampage as mr. T tho haha

sharp1 - mmabay is a british news that have connections to wolfs lair and get first scoops from there, I they are reporting this exclusively I am afraid this is true
Damn.. sharp1 is 100% troll.

I bet he'll never be back.

jobro - Rampage's contract negotiations are going to be tough.

I don't think Quinton will ever get another title shot. Wouldn't that be great. To see Dana block the rightful contender from the belt because he's upset with him. UFC is great!

If I'm not mistaken Rampage chose not to fight for the title. He has a #1 shot and opted out of it. It sounds to me like Rampage doesn't want to be a champion anymore. He said last time he did TUF that he would never take that much time off again. He did. He said his fight with Forrest woldn't go to a decision and he bet his check on it. It did and he didn't pay. Sounds like Rampage talks from the horses ass.

Dana must be steaming right about now. He called it too.

audiophile26 - 
jobro - Rampage's contract negotiations are going to be tough.

I don't think Quinton will ever get another title shot. Wouldn't that be great. To see Dana block the rightful contender from the belt because he's upset with him. UFC is great!

If I'm not mistaken Rampage chose not to fight for the title. He has a #1 shot and opted out of it. It sounds to me like Rampage doesn't want to be a champion anymore. He said last time he did TUF that he would never take that much time off again. He did. He said his fight with Forrest woldn't go to a decision and he bet his check on it. It did and he didn't pay. Sounds like Rampage talks from the horses ass.

Actually he backed out because he'd broken his hand vs Jardine.