Rampage VS The Dragon - Who won?

Rampage gets the decision and I can see why.

The first round was a toss up. I thought QJ landed the more relevant shots, but less of them, while Machida landed quite a few little ineffective kicks. QJ, IMO, spent more time pinning Machida against the cage (control) than Machida spent pinning him.

The second round was QJ, a takedown, some good shots, took it to his body with knees and spent more time pinning him. This was QJ's best round and went clear in his favour, I reckon.

The third round...Need it be discussed? ALL Machida.

That first round was absolutely key here - IMO it could've went either way. I reckon it was swung by the fact QJ was the one coming forward, throwing the more meaningful shots and trying to cut off the cage.

But really, what is "octagon control"? Wasn't Rampage just playing into Machida's game by following him? If that's the case then fair enough, but Machida wasn't capitalising on that and as such it just looked like he was being hunted down.

Controversial? I don't think that's quite the word to use - that first round was anyones.

Winner? Those who slept through the first 2.5 rounds.

29-29

Us the fans! ;)

I'd thought a draw at the time via the same angle.

28-28.

If Machida stopped running and started fighting, he might have won. As it is...Rampage won.

ChokeEmOut - <p>Machida...I mean wtf? lol   Rampage got another Ninja typs decision.</p>

Can you explain why? I'm not busting balls here, my own thoughts need some straigtening out, but I thought at the time it could've went either way.

Rampage shouldn't have been given the decision. Anybody who agrees with the decision win to Rampage exposes themselves as someone incompetent to judge a fight.

ya its a draw

BrutalMedic - Rampage gets the decision and I can see why.

The first round was a toss up. I thought QJ landed the more relevant shots, but less of them, while Machida landed quite a few little ineffective kicks. QJ, IMO, spent more time pinning Machida against the cage (control) than Machida spent pinning him.

The second round was QJ, a takedown, some good shots, took it to his body with knees and spent more time pinning him. This was QJ's best round and went clear in his favour, I reckon.

The third round...Need it be discussed? ALL Machida.

That first round was absolutely key here - IMO it could've went either way. I reckon it was swung by the fact QJ was the one coming forward, throwing the more meaningful shots and trying to cut off the cage.

But really, what is "octagon control"? Wasn't Rampage just playing into Machida's game by following him? If that's the case then fair enough, but Machida wasn't capitalising on that and as such it just looked like he was being hunted down.

Controversial? I don't think that's quite the word to use - that first round was anyones.

I agree with this analysis. It seems Machida gets a point deducted for his fighting style.

Could see it go either way. Was biast cuz machida my fav fighter so i was shocked Phone Post

The only reason machida won the 3rd, was cause he knew he lost the first 2. He knew he wasn't gonna knock page out, so he tried to grind out a 10-8 3rd. Phone Post

Rickson's Aura - Rampage shouldn't have been given the decision. Anybody who agrees with the decision win to Rampage exposes themselves as someone incompetent to judge a fight.

seriously, this quote is just laughable... machida clearly won rd 3... but rpage pushed forward and landed more shots in rd 1 and 2.. its just that simple.. its not a street fight... there are 3 5 min rds...

A six pack in and third round bias I thought Machida won. Machida backpedalling to me was Machida style and I never considered that as NOT having aggressive octagon control, I saw that as Machida's style to fight. Now I need to see a replay and if it's a toss up and Rampage won by aggressive ring control, then this is a problem that perhaps Machida needs to address. Overall I felt Machida won and was stunned by the decision.

Machida finally landed a solid punch with his flury in the 3rd Rd, but Page answered back with his own that kept Machida honest...Machida running back and avoiding strikes isn't going to get you a W, especially when you landed a few knees and kicks. Page controlled the clinch, they both got a takedown, Page defended the sub in the 3rd and almost Arona'd him.. Page did what he had to do with that ugly style.

MrBoone - A six pack in and third round bias I thought Machida won. Machida backpedalling to me was Machida style and I never considered that as NOT having aggressive octagon control, I saw that as Machida's style to fight. Now I need to see a replay and if it's a toss up and Rampage won by aggressive ring control, then this is a problem that perhaps Machida needs to address. Overall I felt Machida won and was stunned by the decision.
I agree.  I also thought Kalib Starnes was robbed in the Nate Quarry fight

I didn't tape the fight but here's the play by play for round 1....

Referee Herb Dean presides over the main event of the evening. No surprise, it’s Jackson pressing forward as the action begins, feinting punches and trying to cut off Machida’s angles. Machida lands four or five inside leg kicks for his first offense. Jackson charges in, winging punches, but Machida is on his bike. Now, “Rampage” initiates the clinch and stomps the taped feet of Machida as they work along the fence. They split and Jackson hits a glancing uppercut, while Machida lands a kick to the body. Another kick allows Jackson to clinch again, but they soon disengage. “Rampage” whiffing on his punches in the last 30 seconds. He eats another leg kick from Machida.

So stomping the feet & chasing (and missing punches) wins a round over leg kicks that land?! Some of you are just brain-dead.

Machida landed the more strikes in the first two rounds and dictated the pace.   And of course he dominated the third.

Even Rampage knows he lost.

Breen had R1 Machida, R2 10-10, & R3 Machida

Magic8 - Machida landed the more strikes in the first two rounds and dictated the pace.   And of course he dominated the third.

Even Rampage knows he lost.

he didn't land shit other then some knees and kicks in the first two Rds, Page was just being respectful.