Ran into an old friend that is now a"PRO" fighter.

...this crap happens all the time,and its hilarious!Its always some dude you haven't seen in years and you ask what hes been up to and then it happens.Its never even a good story,they always train somewhere you know they don't,because you do or know someone who does.They are always about to be on TUF,or just talked to Dana.Its kinda funny how many people love the idea of being a fighter,its the new rock star.PLEASE sharer your stories,I know the UG has some good ones.BTW..my old buddy ended up NOT being a pro fighter,didn't want to leave ya hangin. LOL

Huh...Never had anyone lie to me about that before.

Does this actually happen?

EvilMaster - Huh...Never had anyone lie to me about that before.

..LIAR

I don't associate with people like that

I always like when they make their myspace picture them in their fight shorts and gloves, then you look up their record and they are 0-2.

MMA Authority Mag - I always like when they make their myspace picture them in their fight shorts and gloves, then you look up their record and they are 0-2.Hey, at least they aren't lying if they have actually fought!

BTW, who the fuck uses myspace?

i never tell anybody new i meet i trane ufc, but i might have to start to

Evilmaster once told me that he gave Rickson his black belt while we were sipping mojitos on the gold coast.

i thought he was lying.... but he wasn't.

sorry i ever doubted you, EM.

Anyone know who is managing/promoting Jeff Monson?

munsturrman28 - Anyone know who is managing/promoting Jeff Monson?

He might be managed by State Lockdown soon.

CapnsavemIsDead -  sorry i ever doubted you, EM.

It's ok man. :)

the reason I ask is because I know this guy who says he manage and promotes Jeff Monson, Jake Sheilds, Nick and nate Diaz, and is currently trying to get Urijah Faber. But he is working for the same company I do and is makin $11.00 and hr.......such a fuckin dumbass!!!

Is this thread a troll? Nobody lies about this stuff.

I'm a pro fighter.

I havent met anyone that told me they're a pro fighter but i was talking to this one girl who told me a guy passed himself off as Urijah Faber in her line at Freebird's Burritos in Dallas.

Keep in mind this conversation took place during WEC: Faber vs Brown 2 on June 7

Her: Oh my god, this guy came through my line today and he fights UFC!
Me: (overly suspicious) Really? What was this guys name?
Her: Urijah...something with an F...Farmer? Fuller?
Me: Faber?
Her: YES! That's it, I met him earlier today
Me: He lied to you.
Her: How do you know that?
Me: Because Urijah Faber is fighting in Sacramento in about 20 minutes. There he is on TV getting warmed up for his fight.

I've met alot of I train and fight in mma guys....

all who had 2 day or 1 week free trials somewhere

I've met quite a few 'professional' football and hockey players on that model, and even a Nobel Prize winner (unfortunately Stockholm forgot to add his name to the lists they sent out to the newspaper). Its a good sign, means that MMA is becoming worth pretending to be good at.

I know a guy that got destroyed in a local show twice then he comes around where i was hanging out being all like "I'm a MMA fighter I'm a bad ass" so me and some other guys proceed to call him out on only fighting twice and getting destroyed in under a minute both times. Then he goes on saying he trains with B.J. Penn and Gracie(no first name) and how his HFC(Hawaii Fighting Championship) record is much better. And to think this guy just has to send a video of him getting owned in to kirik or Chris and he would have a green name.

ultimoplata - ...this crap happens all the time,and its hilarious!Its always some dude you haven't seen in years and you ask what hes been up to and then it happens.Its never even a good story,they always train somewhere you know they don't,because you do or know someone who does.They are always about to be on TUF,or just talked to Dana.Its kinda funny how many people love the idea of being a fighter,its the new rock star.PLEASE sharer your stories,I know the UG has some good ones.BTW..my old buddy ended up NOT being a pro fighter,didn't want to leave ya hangin. LOL