Randy ranked higher than Silva?

Sweet.

obviously a case can be made either way

but I don't think Randy can be so easily written off just because he only has 3 wins at LHW and Vanderlei has a 19-fight winning streak in PRIDE. Yes that is impressive, even if most of those wins are against MW Japanese scrubs. BUT like I said, Vanderlei has exactly 3 wins over true LHW Contenders, Rampage x 2 and Dan Henderson way back at PRIDE 12. Same number as Randy. Randy would have crushed those 16 other fighters as well. CRUSHED

Randy only has 3 wins over LHW fighters but they are all top-ranked fighters, 2 of whom beat Vanderlei.

I know Tito's stock has plummeted and Liddell has slipped somewhat in the rankings as well but when Randy beat them they were without a doubt the #1 and #2 LHWs in the world.

"lets face it if silva had to face the top lhw competition out there that resides in ufc we wouldn't even be having this discussion cause vanderlei would be like baroni always a threat but loses to the top competition"

This is buy far the dumbest post I've ever read in the 5 yrs I've been a member of this forum!

Rizzo put a hurtin on Randy but couldn't finish the fight cuz of his lack of aggression. There is no doubt in my mind that Silva would land damaging blows and actually move in for the kill unlike Rizzo. Yeah Chuck or Tito didn't even land a punch to Couture but neither one of them is on Silva's striking level. Not even close! Sure put them in the UFC and Randy will most likely pull out a weak "g n p" win thanks in large part to the fence which he will be allowed to do for all 25 mins.

Now in Pride on the other hand, there will be no fence and he will be stood up and yellow carded for the weak g n p or lay n pray tactics that help many fighters achieve success in the UFC. Pride has a more action oriented pace unlike the UFC which has lots of stalling but no penalties for it. The fast pace in Pride would be to Silva's advantage just because he's so damn agressive. Randy usually pushes the fight but not this time cuz no one in MMA history has the fury that Wanderlei has and I'm not sure how good Randy is when he's not dictating the pace of the figh.

Silva=#1

Bruce Lee is # 1

I'll first state the obvious then i'll state the more obvious.

Couture is # 1 in the UFC

Silva is # 1 in Pride

Obviously until they fight each other, it'll only be your opinion as to who is # 1 now.

set alarm and goes to sleep

I love to watch Randy fight and think he is a stud, but if I watch the last
two years fights Wandy would beat him and any other 205 pounder.

He is the top of his class right now, hands down...........

Good lord BROTHER WISDOM are you sayin that vanderlei is a better striker then rizzo?! cause your outright retarded if you say that!! maybe silva's a more well rounded but no where near as seasoned. There's no way silva hits as hard either both with leg kicks and hands.

As for dictating the pace I'm pretty sure randy will still control the pace look how tito controled the pace against silva and took him down and didn't even need the fence to control him. randy would be able to take silva down at a whim cause when's the last time silva fought a good wrestler?! (and I don't count dan henderson as a good wrestler in mma because he gets taken down by even the shittiest japanese fighters) quinton is not a good wrestler without power slamming someone he couldn't take someone down worth beans where as chuck, tito and randy all can take ppl down really well even vitor could take ppl down pretty decent and silva has not faced that size, strength or skill sets in like forever since the ufc in which case silva had an amazing 1-2 record and that 1 win was over the impressive tony paterra. I give up with the ppl that put other ppl down especially with very little mma knowledge because common sense says silva doesn't have the overall skill sets to survive a good ground and pounder like a tito or a couture. On top of that even if they got him down he wouldn't be able to get up and I still believe silva's ground submissions are overated until I've seen him face someone like tito or couture. It's alot harder to survive someone who's specialty is takin ppl down and controlling them while beating on them.

I could get into more detail as to why I believe but then that would be a lonnnnng post only ta have it replied by some person going "your the most retarded" and replyin with a not so educated broken down post so I'll leave it at this silva would just lose!

hey did beat jeremy horn and kohsaka in rings. Who are regarded as good submission guys.

Da Swede you are right though randy would need ta work on stayin active on the ground and workin a knee through. However I think that randy would eventually get the mount off a take down and eventually finish silva but who knows till they fight we'll never know

I understand and I'm rankin couture as #1 you can't look at that cut loss as a real loss that's just ludicris so he's still be undefeated and dominated 3 serious contenders in the lhw division which is more then a pampered fight 1 good guy every 10 fights silva with that type of pamperedness he's lucky ta make it into my top 5

"not as good as valentijn overeem and iloukhine though, now are they?"

the iloukhine match was wayyy too fishy they stopped it mid submission then restarted it in perfect submission position

and overeem no clue how he lost that only thing I can think of is maybe he was alot stronger I don't know all I know is couture got caught.

jeremy horn has an impressive record. Kohsaka has fought like pretty much all the great heavyweights of his time.

However take it how you want overeem did beat couture no and if's or butts.

i seriously dont know why all the randy fans confuse 'who would win if they fought each other' with 'who should be ranked as the #1 right now'. its not that hard to understand those are two completely different subjects. first one is up for debate, the second one is not. silva is the champ.

Blaze is correct

my goodness I understand and rank couture higher :)

blaze that cut loss shoulda been a no contest but oh well look at it how you want.

Silva's who you want then silva's your choice I'm done with this nonsense

"i seriously dont know why all the randy fans confuse 'who would win if they fought each other' with 'who should be ranked as the #1 right now'. its not that hard to understand those are two completely different subjects. first one is up for debate, the second one is not. silva is the champ."

Blaze is correct.

duuhhh seifer thats' what I've been sayin all thread!!! ;)