Rani Yahya proves bjj still works

He didnt throw a single punch and Mark Hominick is one of the top fighters at 145. Sick bjj can still win fights.

Poor fight for Mark for sure but running at your opponent and trying to tackle/hug him doesn't really make for a great fight either.

well. anybody who thought bjj didn't work anymore is pretty stupid. a couple UFC's ago, there were 6 bjj black belts, and every single one of them was victorious...UFN actually.

Yea mark is all class and i like the guys fights but it was nice to see bjj successfully excecuted. Hahah dougie what did u think Rani was gonna trade with him

I suppose Leozinho Vieira (BJJ World Champion, Two times Abu-Dhabi champion 2003 and 2005)also defended the choke Rani put on him wrong.

lol... yeah, Rani's bjj is really just that good, can't fault Hominick for not being able to defend the choke too much.

Hominick did have a missed opportunity though, when Rani took him down, Hominick was sort of turtled up and he could have done a basic roll (kinda like he was going for a kneebar) and just used it to spin himself back into guard. very basic escape from that position, but he was probably concentrating more on trying to stand up.

I was gonna make a thread about what a fool Frank Mir was for trying to say Rani's name in portugese and going dislexic for a second yelling out to the crowd, "YANI HAHA!!".

LOL!!

"Yea mark is all class"

Except for completely refusing to acknowledge his opponent after the fight.

ttt

Just watched it again...what I loved about Rani's set up is that he already had his arm ready to choke on Mark's chin, even BEFORE he had any hooks in, then he was so slick with his first hook, and eventually got his other leg in and finished. The way Rani had his right arm already there really made it harder for Mark to have a chance of escape.

"He just lost in embarassing fashion, he was allowed to be mad."

Fair enoughish

"Just watched it again...what I loved about Rani's set up is that he already had his arm ready to choke on Mark's chin, even BEFORE he had any hooks in, then he was so slick with his first hook, and eventually got his other leg in and finished. The way Rani had his right arm already there really made it harder for Mark to have a chance of escape."

The beginning of that choke to the end was gnarly. He was cranking so hard it looked like he could have dislocated Mark's jaw if he didn't slip the choke in.

He's seems a bit prone to turning his back.

I was laughing at those td attempts then 10 seconds later he is choking Hominick, I was like wtf? I would bet that if they fought 100 times Hominick wins the other 99. Then again I lost $200 betting on the last UFC.

Those td attempts were atrociouss though.

where did they fight?

It was awesome to see pure bjj in action again; but, why do you guys think Mark didn't throw the knee while Rani was bent over like that? I'm pure bjj myself so maybe there was a reason. It sure looked as if it would have worked though.

Where is video of this?

I don't know if there's one up or not. I saw it on TV.

nikmisko=correct

BJJ, 60% of the time, it works all the time

lol. I can't wait to see all of you guys next weekend at nationals. TEAM JACARE represent!

That was definately a great example of a pure BJJ takedown clinic:)

I'm really suprised Rani didn't get knocked out coming in like that. I was cheering when he didn't though. Rani is freaking tough though because he did get popped pretty hard on the way in. Also, the way he sunk the mata leao was really slick. He made the shoulder lever on the tip of the chin cranking his neck sideways forcing him to lift his chin to avoid the neck crank. He did it to Leo too.