Rarest taped event?MMA Holy Grail?

Reading Breathe by Rickson. Rickson vs Yoji Anjo. Is the video out there?

Yes,Rickson has a copy.He said on Joe Roganā€™s podcast that he might show it someday.

Yes this is true, but the common thought is that it was not released at the time because it was basically assault and would not have promoted Gracie JJ in a positive light. And that it will not be released every even thought he statute of limitations for assault has long since run out, because it still shows Rickson in a bad light, ruthlessly beating Anjo even after he had given up. Forum member Momentum was shown the video by Rickson and his account matches everything we have heard of the video from those who were there and the account(s) of the video from Rickson and maybe his son as well.

1 Like

Right, he says in the book that it was shown on Japanese television. I was wondering if it was anywhere online squirreled away somewhere. In my search, this thread came up. Best lead I have found.

I donā€™t remember this, Japanese tv and magazines showed still photos from before and after the fight as far as I remember. These have been posted.

My understanding was that he played a copy of the video for the Japanese press so that they would see that Anjoā€™s claims of him being jumped by Ricksonā€™s students were false and that it was a fair fight. Rickson allowed the press to view the recording in itā€™s entirety but it was never broadcast to the public nor was any footage from the tape ever released.

2 Likes

That looks to be correct. Here is the exact excerpt from Breathe:

ā€œThen I told my representative to set up a press conference in Tokyo where we could show the video of the fight. After the Japanese press watched the video, the fans learned that this was a fair fight and that Anjo had lied.ā€

It would be cool to read what the press said about the video at least.

1 Like

Yeah,I posted them and the apology letter from Anjo.

awesome event.Bohlander also fought Bustamante and lostā€¦The Renzo fight was insane .I have it on vhs somewhere

Fuck I just lost 800 GB of MMA / NHB footage. My fucking computer wonā€™t start. Iā€™ve been meaning to back it up like I have my other 5 TB of footage, but fuck, I knew my comp was in its last days at 10 years old a cheap Dell. Hopefully a comp shop can recover my data.

3 Likes

D@@@mmmnnn,

Some can do wonders.I would be heartbroken.I was disturbed losing my Photobucket pictures.

I lost everything MMA related D through J .

Like every organization that had the name. 700gb. But since a lot was such old footage itā€™s low quality and each files is relatively small so it seems wayyy more than 700gb . I gotta contact someone. Shit sucks. Just another stinging reminder to Always back your stuff up.

1 Like

Did you have any of Dan Severnā€™s Danger Zones?

I donā€™t know, it was one of the last big packs I downloaded with torrents and I never really looked through it except for those Extreme Challenge events

This may be the time for a shameful plug. The Kakutogi Road is constantly putting up various MMA/Kickboxing/puroresu/etc. Almost a thousand events are up now, and around 30-50 are added every week. The difference is that these arenā€™t crappy torrents. Almost all of these all sourced from the original VHS, DVD, original PPV broadcast, or satellite.

5 Likes

Is there anywhere for me to see the ppv feed of ufc 32?

iā€™ve got that one converted, if you havenā€™t found it anywhere yet, i can upload, whether it slips through youtube nazis is another thing altogether

2 Likes

The Kakutogi Road Patreon os in the process of putting up all the original UFC PPVā€™s. Uncut, and untouched by Zuffa. Right now 1-16, and a few others are up. I add more every month, and could certainly add 32.

3 Likes

iā€™ve got 40 minutes left on my upload, interesting to see if it slides past uploaded as unlisted. There was a guy named serbiancroat or something like that a few months ago who uploaded a whole shitload of ufcā€™s for several months before getting the hammer, i got nabbed for the intro to the old secrets of the octagon instructional videos having about 30 sec of k shamrock, oleg, dan severn and hackneyā€™s ufc fights,

2 Likes