Rashad Evans has not won a round in two years

Sorry, wasn't for the title. He fought Machida for a shot at the title and was destroyed.

bryanand - Sorry, wasn't for the title. He fought Machida for a shot at the title and was destroyed.

Machida destroyed Rashad too. So you gonna name all the superior talent that Rashad beat or not? I'll start you out; he beat Griffen and Chuck.

Of course so did Jardine.

You guys are forgetting about that awesome kick to Salmons head. I heard it in the 11th row.

Carl Weathers - Rashad Evans hasn't won a round in forever except the ones he won. Think about it

Well, it makes a good point that Rashad is a comeback kid, he doesn't dominate the fight to the finish, he gets beaten by a little bit until he pulls out a finishing move.

I'm really suprised that Rashad has never really wrestled at all in the UFC.

blue63 - 
Hardcharger - 
I personally don't think Thiago would beat Forrest. He could always land a big punch, but other than that, I think Forrest presents Thiago matchup problems. Thiago-Rashad should be a good fight.

Forrest has never once proven to have any KO power.  Thiago has proven time and time again to have KO power.  Thiagos striking is worlds better than Forrests, his BJJ is better than Forrests and his wrestling is better than Forrests... what exactly does Forrest possess that creates matchup problems?  A TUF trophy and the Zuffa marketing machine behind him?

I never said Forrest had KO power. In fact, I said he didn't. Thiago's only standup prowess he's shown was catching Jardine with a temple shot, which isn't new for Jardine. Thiago was getting massacred by Irvin with kicks, and Mendes dropped him in their fight. Thiago hasn't shown good TDs, and without that, his top game reliant BJJ wouldn't mean anything against Forrest. Forrest's striking is overall better than Thiago's, but Forrest lacks power.

Rashad seems to be a slow starter but a strong finisher in his fights. He likes to try and figure out his opponent before he fully engages, and up until the Machida fight it had been working.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if he loses the first round against Silva but comes back to finish him late in round 2 or 3.

im down for 30 day screen name bet.

I got Rashad

mmarkrobinson - im down for 30 day screen name bet.

I got Rashad
Dont think you will get any takers

Blazing Knees - 
mmarkrobinson - im down for 30 day screen name bet.

I got Rashad
Dont think you will get any takers

Theres always some retard around here thats a retard. lol

ajc1984 - 
mmarkrobinson - 
ajc1984 - 
Mike Sanders - 
ajc1984 - Rashad has looked completely average throughout his entire career, save for 1 good punch against Chuck and 1 good minute against Forrest.

LOL rashad wrestled at 174 and then walked into TUF with 6 months of training from Dan Severn at HEAVYWEIGHT and won the entire season, then went undefeated in the UFC until getting KOed by Machida but only after beating 2 recent LHW champs. STFU and GTFO and STFO u retard

Sorry, I'd have been a bit more tactful if I knew his mother posted on here.

Mike makes a very good point. you dont.

Perhaps "completely average" was a little harsh but the hype surrounding the guy was off the charts before the Machida fight, based entirely upon 1 punch against Chuck (who has been been dropped with punches by each of his last 5 opponents) and the end of the Forrest fight, completely ignoring his career prior to that.

Apologies but people reading waaay too much into quick KO's in MMA is a pet hate of mine.

Is that the prior career when he went undefeated?

acid jazz - 
K-Dub-"T" -  After he beats Silva, this thread will look like a fool's paradise.

I shall ttt it wilth glee.
I hope you're right, but I think Thiago is too much. Greg Jackson may have some master plan though.

Thiago is slow, plodding, and he leaves that chin wide open when he throws those lazy kicks. I fully expect Rashad to take him down and pound him out within 2 rounds....

blue63 - 
Hardcharger - 
I personally don't think Thiago would beat Forrest. He could always land a big punch, but other than that, I think Forrest presents Thiago matchup problems. Thiago-Rashad should be a good fight.

Forrest has never once proven to have any KO power.  Thiago has proven time and time again to have KO power.  Thiagos striking is worlds better than Forrests, his BJJ is better than Forrests and his wrestling is better than Forrests... what exactly does Forrest possess that creates matchup problems?  A TUF trophy and the Zuffa marketing machine behind him?

Thiago's striking isn't better than Forrest's. His striking is downright ugly. No head movement, doesn't turn his hips over on his kicks, and he doesn't cover his chin when he throws a strike. The thing he does have is ridiculous power, but I don't think that's enough against the top guys.

eljamaiquino - 
Thiago's striking isn't better than Forrest's. His striking is downright ugly. No head movement, doesn't turn his hips over on his kicks, and he doesn't cover his chin when he throws a strike. The thing he does have is ridiculous power,

Sooo, how is his striking not better?

Are you suggesting Forrest has head movement, wicked kicks, covers his chin, and greater power than a pillow?

Hardcharger - Other than KOing people, Rashad hasn't KOed people.

huh?

orcus -  lol @ completely ignoring his career prior to that. After TUF I picked Rashad to beat Chuck if he ever got the chance to fight him, and this was before Chuck had ever even been dropped. Rashad is still the only guy to knock Chuck out cold and was only the second guy after Rampage to do more than wobble him. Other than that he had shown good ground and pound in cleanly KOing Lambert with punches on the ground (how often do you see that?) and KOing Forrest with punches on the ground. His wrestling was roughly equal with Tito's. He was undefeated and despite being a guy who wouldn't even be big at 185, he had walked through heavyweights.

I'm not ignoring his career prior to that, that's why I never rated him as highly as you (still picking him to beat Fedor?).

I remember his many extremely close, competitive fights with B and C level opposition. I remember him dropping a round to Sean Salmon and needing a point deduction to steal a draw against Tito. I remember him being unable to keep Michael Bisping down and being outlanded by just about every half decent striker he fought. I remember him generally looking like a B level fighter throughout his career prior to Chuck. I also remember after that fight people going on and on about his "new" striking and how good his hands now were, based on ONE FUCKING PUNCH!

In fact I just read this post in another thread which kinda sums up what I'm on about:

"I never disliked Rashad because he was a TUF vet. I disliked him because he was a boring decision machine. Eventually, his hands got really good. Now, I like him."

When did his hands get "really good?" They weren't "really good" against Tito or Bisping and Machida made him look like an amateur so I can only assume this view point, which is extremely common on this forum and amongst MMA fans in general, is based ENTIRELY upon his fights with Chuck (where he landed 1 good shot) and Forrest (where he was picked apart for 2 and a half rounds before finishing him on the ground). What basis is that for such definitive conclusions?

If he ran a boxing clinic on those guys then fine, I'd be convinced, but 1 or 2 big shots in fights he was losing? How many times have average strikers scored a good KO in MMA and people go way overboard in rating their stand-up skills? Fuck, it took about 5 years of looking like shit striking for the "Randleman is so explosive, I can't believe how good his striking is now, he times those hooks so well, he's gonna knock this guy out!" talk to die out after the Cro Cop punch (and prime Cro Cop, unlike post-prime Liddell, didn't have a habit of getting dropped by everyone he fought).

I'm not even saying Rashad isn't good now or can't be good in the future, just that it'll take more than 1 or 2 punches for me to be convinced of his credentials as an elite fighter. Him genuinely outclassing a quality opponent for the first time in his career would be a start.

"Thiagos striking is worlds better than Forrests, his BJJ is better than Forrests and his wrestling is better than Forrests"

Forrest beat Shogun in all three of those areas, how do you think Thiago compares to Shogun?

K-Dub-"T" -  After he beats Silva, this thread will look like a fool's paradise.

I shall ttt it wilth glee.

Yup. Rashad's gonna fuck him up. And I like Thiago, but Rashad is just better.

Blazing Knees -  You guys are forgetting about that awesome kick to Salmons head. I heard it in the 11th row.

We have not seen Thiagos kicking power yet in the UFC but it is there and very powerful. like when he broke Vitor Vianna's arm, ktfo Tatsuya Mizuno, and Rubens Xavier with kicks