Rashad Evans has not won a round in two years

Rashad lasted until round 2 with Machida because he was conservative, while Thiago lasted until the exact end of round 1 while being aggressive and getting dropped 3 times before getting KO'd. Thiago even landed some punches. I can't wait for jaws to hit the floor when Thiago Silva does what the thinking, analytical MMA fan is not surprised by and gives Rashad his second KTFO loss.

ajc1984 - I remember him dropping a round to Sean Salmon and needing a point deduction to steal a draw against Tito.

LOL@that. Tito needed to grab the fence over and over again to avoid getting taken down, when he stopped doing it for fear of getting DQed he got ragdolled in the third round.

I remember him being unable to keep Michael Bisping down

Hamill couldn't keep Bisping down for long and didn't land anything significant against him on the ground either, does that mean Matt isn't a good wrestler too?

I remember him generally looking like a B level fighter throughout his career prior to Chuck.

But a B level fighter who managed to go 11-0 at LHW and HW in the UFC, including winning TUF with 6 months training, right? ;)

I also remember after that fight people going on and on about his "new" striking and how good his hands now were, based on ONE FUCKING PUNCH!

If you think the single punch he needed to KTFO Chuck was the ONLY visible improvement in his striking game by that point then you don't know very much about standup or fighting, sorry.

Forrest (where he was picked apart for 2 and a half rounds before finishing him on the ground). What basis is that for such definitive conclusions?

LOL, "picked apart" to the extent that he was able to drop Forrest hard standing and then immediately swarm him with strikes on the ground for the TKO, right?

I think by "picked apart" you mean "marginally outpointed in the first two rounds of a five round title fight."

Him genuinely outclassing a quality opponent for the first time in his career would be a start.

Yep, Rashad needs to beat a quality opponent like SAMURAY!!

rashad wins fights, not rounds.

I can't really pick a winner for this fight. Thiago is good, but I'm still not sure how good. I think he's improved quite a bit. In the Jardine fight he was aggressive but not sloppy. When he fought Mendes he was all rock-em-sockem-robots and happened to come out on top. Thats not a good strategy for long term success. I think, (hope) that getting thoroughly dismantled by Machida made him realize he needed to tighten up his game.

There have been some rumors that Silva has been dealing with an ankle injury leading up to this fight. Does anyone know if there's any truth to it?

this is worse than MMA math. one of the most illogical posts of the year, imo.

you are saying he hasn't won a round except for the rounds that he destroyed his opponent in? WTF are you talking about? yeah instead of letting the round be scored, he FINISHED the opponent.

i don't know about you, but last time i checked the scores don't matter when you finish your opponent.

As for this fight, i think Rashad's speed will be too much and He wins off of frustrating Thiago and being more busy. i'd be willing to bet that he even "wins" a scored rd.

walks away shaking head

i hope thiago doesnt fuck him up to bad, I still want to watch rampage put him in the hospital.

This is obviously a troll thread a pretty good one, but it was exposed when he said "Finishing Move", as if Rashad were some warrior from a mortal kombat game, except he inexplicably has the ability to do finishing moves at any point during the fight, as opposed to when the opponent is dazed and defenseless, much to the dismay of his unsuspecting opponents who may have had full or nearly full level meters.

Mike Sanders and nobones FTW! I see Rashad is still being hated on. Rashad could KO Thiago real bad. I will ttt this thread as well.

The judges obviously hate Rashad!

What other reason could there possibly be for his not winning a round on any of their scorecards in such a long time?