Rashad Evans: There are many holes in Chuck's game

Im actually starting to like Rashad less and less.
And his woman is irritating as all fucking hell.

He's talented though, cant take that away from him.

theraydiator - Apparently nobody here want's to acknowledge that the interviewer told Rashad (not even asked... TOLD) that he's taking heat because he's black.

Yeah. Sucks, because this should be a thread praising Rashad, not making him into a race card playing racist

Ensanity - 
theraydiator - Apparently nobody here want's to acknowledge that the interviewer told Rashad (not even asked... TOLD) that he's taking heat because he's black.

Yeah. Sucks, because this should be a thread praising Rashad, not making him into a race card playing racist

Absolutely. I've always thought that he handled himself well behind the mic. My respect for him continues to grow as he weathers the storm with admirable poise and composure.

Should be his greatest moment, and he finds himself dodging all this flack. Guy can't catch a break.

I'm actually enjoying the discomfort of the people who hate him.

theraydiator - 
Ensanity - 

Absolutely. I've always thought that he handled himself well behind the mic. My respect for him continues to grow as he weathers the storm with admirable poise and composure.

Should be his greatest moment, and he finds himself dodging all this flack. Guy can't catch a break.

Agreed.

I find it funny that guys writing in their .02 have yet to comment on the quote from above regarding the fact that the interviewer asked him specific questions.

Hilarious.

Rashad beat Chuck because he is younger and faster and more explosive..... if you are quicker you will always spot holes in a guys game....that is why as you age you should tighten up improve timing tech and strat.... luckly that is a natural process.... but speed and explosivness is a very big advantage.
Chuck should have pressed the fight more and drew Rash in so he can back up and counterpunch.... That is what Chuck is best at and he had the advantage in reach.
Chuck gets the ko most of the time when a guy follows him and starts to exchange.
Chuck dose have a lazy guard and that slow lead uppercut has to go.... it may have worked 5 years ago but he dosent have the zip anymore.
jm2c.

The OP deliberately excerpted controversial answers (without the interviewer's questions) for this thread. The answers in the original post lack the needed context. It was guaranteed to spark yet another debate. Trollish, but effective. ;)

"And, the other half was more than likely due to Rashad bringing in full form, the classic Boxing style that most Black folks are familiar with [and most Amer. white folks have yet to beat]. Light on the feet, lots of head movement and great rhythm. Since Sugar Ray Robinson, Leonard, Ali, Mayweather, etc. etc."

Dear lord. It is INCREDIBLE people could compare Rashad to the boxers you just mentioned. He fights nothing like them. Some people may dislike Rashad because of his colour, howevever, irrespective of colour, Rashad is just not likable. Some of you cant see why he is so unpopular unless it is because he is black? I cant see how anyone could like him. If rashad was white he may not be as hated by many, but he also wouldn't have as many supporters. I think some people only like him because he is black.

antoniomontana - Some people may dislike Rashad because of his colour, howevever, irrespective of colour, Rashad is just not likable. Some of you cant see why he is so unpopular unless it is because he is black? I cant see how anyone could like him. If rashad was white he may not be as hated by many, but he also wouldn't have as many supporters. I think some people only like him because he is black.

What makes Rashad so unlikeable?

His attitude and his boring fighting style. I think he is fake and his style puts me to sleep. Great ko against Chuck, but the rest of the fight was boring.

I supported Rashad on tuf and didn't mind him then, but he has got preogressively more annoying. Even his face annoys me. This has nothing to do with the skin colour of his face. I love black people.

antoniomontana - His attitude and his boring fighting style. I think he is fake and his style puts me to sleep. Great ko against Chuck, but the rest of the fight was boring.

So you hate Rashad because he's "boring"?  That doesn't even really make sense, but ok, I guess.

antoniomontana - I supported Rashad on tuf and didn't mind him then, but he has got preogressively more annoying. Even his face annoys me. This has nothing to do with the skin colour of his face. I love black people.

wait a second dude, you don't like Rashad, he happens to be black, and this happens to be the UG. YOU must be racist!!

antoniomontana - His attitude and his boring fighting style. I think he is fake and his style puts me to sleep. Great ko against Chuck, but the rest of the fight was boring.

I thought he was boring as hell on TUF... was a blanket back then.

I've become a fan as I've seen his game evolve. He's way more exciting each time I see him now than he has been in the past.

Also, when you stack him up against Chuck (a notorious counter-puncher), a rather evasive round of stick-and-move tactics is totally appropriate. There's nothing boring about a KO.

Finally, he's "fake?" Not quite sure what to make of that. You think he's fake humble? Faking concern for Chuck after the KO? Faking how?

To each his own, but the reasons you criticize him, IMO, are things he's overcome in the last couple years.

"So you hate Rashad because he's "boring"? That doesn't even really make sense, but ok, I guess."

You must have missed where I mentioned his attitude.

"Finally, he's "fake?" Not quite sure what to make of that. You think he's fake humble? Faking concern for Chuck after the KO? Faking how?"

Thats part of it ,yes. There is just something not right about him. With Rashad you have to read in between the lines. Even his comments on Forrest were like a back handed compliment. He basically said Forrest had heart and thats it. He is arrogant ( which is fine) but acts like he is humble. I prefer someone like Mayweather over someone like Rashad .

Its not that he is a particularly sinister character, I just find him irritating. Even his celebration. It was far , far away from being over the top, and I dont agree with anyone saying it was over the top- it clearly wasn't, but, it was annoying. He is just an annoying individual.

"You must have missed where I mentioned his attitude."

You failed to give sufficient evidence to how his attitude is a problem.  Every interview I've seen of the guy, he's humble and hard working, so I don't know where the hell you are getting your information from.

You seem to be fabricating issues in your mind because I have yet to read something that actually makes sense. 

I'm not trying to start a flame war...I just don't really see any strong points being presented here.

Good interview. Rashad vs Forrest is going to be awesome.

not mad at celebrating he showboats while the fight is still going on that's the uncool part

"You failed to give sufficient evidence to how his attitude is a problem"

You could have asked. You just ignored it.

"I'm not trying to start a flame war...I just don't really see any strong points being presented here."

Fair enough. Im not asking you to dislike him, just explaining why I dont.

Another thing that hasn't been addressed. Rashad said :

"If you think about it, it’s like this, I’m not a white dude. My fighting style, that’s not how I move and they’re mad at me because I’m black. I got soul or rhythm or whatever you want to call it, but that’s just how I get down."

This is racist. He doesn't move like a white guy? Can white guys not move like Rashad? He moves like a goof and lol @ him having rhythm. He thinks he has rythm because he is black.

Rashad and GSP will be the first UFC Tag Team Champs. They will be called "Riddum Sekshun".