Ray Lewis VS Royce

Royce.

Sapp is close to 100lbs heavier than Ray Lewis.

id say ray as long as he knows to keep it standing

Without BJJ Ray would be tapping. First of all he was a state champion wrestler in Florida. HE is a football player. His instinct would be to take Royce down. Which would play right to Royces strength.

it wouldn't matter one whit what rays instincts would be, royce would tie him up, smother him, take him down, and put him to sleep

Royce would make him look stupid in a quick way. Oh how quickly people forget.

Exactly, athleticism does'nt neccesarily make you a good fighter.The fact that he has wrestled helps but still.Your being a little ridiculous!

Royce without a doubt.

Ray Lewis isn't even the toughest footballplayer. Steven Neal of the Patriots would beat Lewis a lot quicker than even Royce would.

Ray would have a much better chance against Steven Neal. Neal has no way to end the fight. HE is a wrestler just like Ray. I know Neal wrestled on a higher level but that does not make him a better fighter. Just ask Vladdy about that.

Ray and Jamal Lewis each box in the off season for extra conditioning. Ray even hooked back up with his old wrestling coach this off season to get in extra work.

"Ray would have a much better chance against Steven Neal. Neal has no way to end the fight. HE is a wrestler just like Ray. I know Neal wrestled on a higher level but that does not make him a better fighter. Just ask Vladdy about that. "

"wrestled at a higher level"....he was a National Champion, thats not a higher level, thats another planet. and then he goes and makes a pro football team....after not having played organized football in 5 years. that arguably makes him AT LEAST as talented an athlete as Lewis. "Neal has no way to end the fight" ...ever hear of ground and pound, it's ended a couple of fights. "Neal wrestled at a higher level, but that doesn't make him a better fighter" ...well it certainly helps. considering the impact wrestlers have had on MMA, i'd say a huge, quick, freak strong, national champion wrestler like Neal would be a guy you wouldn't want to mess with.

Neal TKO over Lewis by ground and pound, 1:57

Imagine if Royce were as strong as Magnus Samuelsson...

Well, Royce has trained with Magnus on the mat before, and by all accounts, was able to eventually put him in a choke.

The WSM champ is far stronger, more explosive, bigger and more physically domineering in raw stats than anyone in the NFL.

If you do not specifically know how to fight on the ground via BJJ or something just like it, then you are at a disadvantage no matter how strong or big you are unless you get the KO standing or from the top right away.

On the ground, it's BJJ. WSM, footballers and even olympic medalist champion wrestlers have found this out.

Why do people still doubt?

Steven Neal was not only a national champ, he was a 1999 freestyle world champ. He even beat Tom Erickson earlier that year.

Royce would choke out Ray Lewis, and then steal his wallet.

"Ray would have a much better chance against Steven Neal. Neal has no way to end the fight. HE is a wrestler just like Ray. I know Neal wrestled on a higher level but that does not make him a better fighter. Just ask Vladdy about that."

maybe he's right. state championship in high school means you're equal to a World Freestyle Champion, and completely dominant over a UFC champion/hall of famer like royce gracie.

ttt for Steven Neal.

"Kimo tapped because he was out of shape and gassed. Ray Lewis would not have gassed."

Kimo tapped because his arm would have been snapped like a twig.

Royce would end this fight anywhere quickly. He is one mean sonofabitch in the ring and would probably be even more ruthless on the street. Lewis would never play football or hide in a car trunk again.

Royce would win, but he struggled with Kimo and then could not continue, I dont think this would be an easy fight though.

You people are missing the point. This is a fight not a wrestling match. Neal was 257 when he won the NCAA's. Now he is 305. I am willing to wager his conditioning is shit.

Tito was a juco wrestler who dominated Vladdy when they fought. So simply being a better wrestler will not win you the fight.