Reebok responds to the Stitch firing.

12SixElbow - 
Seagals Kill Switch - https://mobile.twitter.com/Reebok/status/623931268837847040

Don't know how to embed from my phone unfortunately. Phone Post 3.0

Feeling the heat.

#fuckreebok

Don't just fuck Reebok, fuck parent company Adidas and ALL it's affiliates, like Rockport and TaylorMade. Screw those bastards.

MagSlim - Nothing says "great decision" like spending $70MM just to have a whole sport's fans think you suck.

Lol.
Lol, I would have bought Reebok until this UFC deal happened, now I think both brands are complete shit. Phone Post 3.0

As stated elsewhere, this isn't Reebok's fault. They didn't even get a 'steal' per se, as the MMA merchandise market isn't on the scale of many other sports.

The primary issue is that unlike other sports, an inordinate % of total revenues goes to the owners rather than the athletes, such that the athletes have been dependent upon sponsorship.

The UFC is highly profitable. Fighters should be paid more as a % of total revenues, whether PPV, gate, sponsorships, licensing, etc. This is particularly true if they are cutting out what is a major component of existing compensation.

The only critiques I can see for Reebok are the very bland product, and the flubbed roll out, and perhaps... they and the UFC should have given some real estate that fighters could still use to showcase personal sponsors. That said, the fact the UFC negotiated such real estate on merchandise and held it for it's own use and profit is again an issue with the UFC.

No real reason to be slamming Reebok due to the UFC's actions.

U4EA - 
boxing wiz - 
Saltine American - I was happy when I saw that reebok tweet on another website. It shows the fans might be making a difference.
As a sponsor slut, the UFC needs to make its sponsors happy. It won't get more sponsors, or not as much $ with Reebok getting so much shit for the UFC association.
Sponsors won't like the Reebok model when they see how Reebok had to lower the price of Kits.

Nate Diaz tweeted this 45 min ago

@tuf5champ: #FuckReebok and the @ufc. Especially that Hitler ass motherfucker @danawhite, cuttin the cutman for freedom of speech? #NaziGermany #Stitch Phone Post 3.0

Give Nate some credit. He is begging to be cut, but at least he has the balls to speak his mind. I am sure plenty of others have the same feelings but stay silent out of fear of Dana's retaliation.

You gotta hand it to Nate, that's a marvelous tweet!

You 3 dupes better hand it to whoever fan runs that fake account because this is the actual diaz twitter account:

https://twitter.com/natediaz209 verified 277 000 followers.

You guys account https://twitter.com/tuf5champ 800 followers

You guys will believe anything.

Wildcard - As stated elsewhere, this isn't Reebok's fault. They didn't even get a 'steal' per se, as the MMA merchandise market isn't on the scale of many other sports.

The primary issue is that unlike other sports, an inordinate % of total revenues goes to the owners rather than the athletes, such that the athletes have been dependent upon sponsorship.

The UFC is highly profitable. Fighters should be paid more as a % of total revenues, whether PPV, gate, sponsorships, licensing, etc. This is particularly true if they are cutting out what is a major component of existing compensation.

The only critiques I can see for Reebok are the very bland product, and the flubbed roll out, and perhaps... they and the UFC should have given some real estate that fighters could still use to showcase personal sponsors. That said, the fact the UFC negotiated such real estate on merchandise and held it for it's own use and profit is again an issue with the UFC.

"The UFC is highly profitable. Fighters should be paid more as a % of total revenues, whether PPV, gate, sponsorships, licensing, etc. "

You don't know if any of that is true.

You've got NO idea how profitable the UFC is

You've got NO idea what percentage of PROFIT (Not revenue) the fighters get.

Fuck that. Ofcourse they have a say in fighter compensation in someway. Their requirement to be an exclusive sponsor and not allowing any other sponsors during the whole fight week effects fighter compensation. I would cut them some slack if fighters were allowed to keep their banners or something like being able to wear their own gear at the fan expo. But the current situation is fucked up. Phone Post 3.0

Eat a dik, reebok Phone Post 3.0

mixedmartialfarts -
iemitremmusi - 
GrindOnLine -
BigTedBear - It's going to real interesting if Reebok make any money out of this deal it's going to be a hard sell to get there investment back. Phone Post 3.0
They can fuck off with their pocket money.
TapOut were paying their fighters more than 2.5k during the dark ages of MMA. Phone Post 3.0
I'm sorry. While I agree that this whole situation is a cluster fuck, your example is dumb.

Tapout didn't pay an entire roster for fighting, did they? Yeah they paid certain sponsored fighters more, but if they were paying the entire roster surely it would be a lot less than this deal that pays everyone. Phone Post 3.0

Which illustrates why it's not necessarily a good idea to make the entire roster dependent on a single sponsor.

I don't disagree with you at all. Phone Post 3.0

Ufc might start pissing off rebook with bad press Phone Post 3.0

I'm borderline shill here, but I'm considering putting Reebok on my list of stupid UFC shit, along with fighter disrespect of Fedor, GSP and Aldo.

GrindOnLine -
JoeyBagaDonuts - Ill take that as Reebok not liking the bad press associated with UFC actions. Who would of thought Phone Post 3.0
Damn right and it's our job to voice our disapproval.
We are the ones paying the bills and we want to be heard.
We will not support a dictatorship.
We want our heroes treated like the heroes they are.

The Reebok shirts have become the symbol of modern day slavery.

Someone shoop the south Carolina flag with a Reebok logos instead of stars. Phone Post 3.0
Laid on thicker than peanut butter but i like your belly fire! Phone Post 3.0

Nuevo Haole - '...we are the exclusive sponser of the over 500 UFC fighters, but we have no influence over fighter compensation...'

Holy Shit, the corporate BS knows no bounds

Indeed, that is outright ridiculous.

If they were hoping this would work like their crossfit deal they made a huge mistake. Crossfitters all actually train, they're very loyal to the crossfit brand and there wasn't really anyone making gear specifically for them. MMA fans mostly don't train, they have a pretty rocky relationship with the UFC, and there are a lot of very established brands making excellent training gear already. Basically they're left with MMA fan shirts and we all know how well MMA shirt companies have done in the past, even the ones with good designs have struggled to make money. Phone Post 3.0

U Fight Cheap and apparently U Fix cuts Cheap too.

Jerkie - Ufc might start pissing off rebook with bad press Phone Post 3.0

I hope Reebok complains to UFC. We should start bothering Monster too or those Corn to the Core thing, just to have more sponsors calling in to ZUFFA HQ.

12SixElbow - 
Wildcard - As stated elsewhere, this isn't Reebok's fault. They didn't even get a 'steal' per se, as the MMA merchandise market isn't on the scale of many other sports.

"The UFC is highly profitable. Fighters should be paid more as a % of total revenues, whether PPV, gate, sponsorships, licensing, etc. "

You don't know if any of that is true.

You've got NO idea how profitable the UFC is

You've got NO idea what percentage of PROFIT (Not revenue) the fighters get.

Well, in many professional leagues athletes in their collective bargaining have the % of total revenues defined that goes to the athletes. This is in addition to various other provisions. It isn't profit sharing, it's revenue sharing. We know a good portion of UFC revenues. I believe based on the known numbers the UFC is at about 13% of revenues going to fighter pay. Since there are streams that aren't clear (UFC branded gyms, licensing for games, deals they get with arenas for concessions, many of the sponsorship deals) that % is likely actually lower. Compare this to other sports where it is 50+% to athlete pay.

You're the one who changed the topic to % of profit rather than revenues, that isn't what I typed and isn't a relevant comparison. Yes I stated they are highly profitable. That may have been changing with the decline of PPVs, but I wasn't talking about profit sharing as that isn't how other sports decide the split based on negotiations with their players. They define the split of revenues. And the fact that % is so low in the UFC is why the mid tier fighters have been dependent on sponsors.

iemitremmusi -
mixedmartialfarts -
iemitremmusi - 
GrindOnLine -
BigTedBear - It's going to real interesting if Reebok make any money out of this deal it's going to be a hard sell to get there investment back. Phone Post 3.0
They can fuck off with their pocket money.
TapOut were paying their fighters more than 2.5k during the dark ages of MMA. Phone Post 3.0
I'm sorry. While I agree that this whole situation is a cluster fuck, your example is dumb.

Tapout didn't pay an entire roster for fighting, did they? Yeah they paid certain sponsored fighters more, but if they were paying the entire roster surely it would be a lot less than this deal that pays everyone. Phone Post 3.0

Which illustrates why it's not necessarily a good idea to make the entire roster dependent on a single sponsor.

I don't disagree with you at all. Phone Post 3.0
So, what was the point of your post? Phone Post 3.0

I think this whole debacle is hilarious and I think it's fucked that they fired Stitch.

But I blame Zuffa hell of a lot more than I blame reebok. It's Zuffa's job to take care of THEIR fighters, not Reebok's. The UFC approached them and then entered into an agreement that had a negative effect on their end. If the fighters are getting the short end of the stick, that's on the UFC Phone Post 3.0

Kid Salami - I think this whole debacle is hilarious and I think it's fucked that they fired Stitch.

But I blame Zuffa hell of a lot more than I blame reebok. It's Zuffa's job to take care of THEIR fighters, not Reebok's. The UFC approached them and then entered into an agreement that had a negative effect on their end. If the fighters are getting the short end of the stick, that's on the UFC Phone Post 3.0

That all may be true but if we complain to Dana he just calls us goofs.

If we complain to UFC sponsors they turn to Dana and tell him to fix the problem so they can get rid of us complainers.

Guess who will Dana listen to.