"Ref Costs Franca? - Pictures

I think there are always possibilities ,,I just dont think it did in this fight ....

Watch the fight and draw your own conclusion ...I was against the cage watching intently and didnt notice it ......

WTF!!!

That is bullshit.

I'm sorry, that's terrible... Poor Hermes

UFC dropped the ball not showing this fight and Landless needs to go he has no clue when to stop a fight

actually, i think we should all wait to see some footage before making assumptions. but for sure, Landless is playing up his reffing power too much and ending lots of fights prematurely.

let mario yamasaki ref all the UFC bouts, at least this guy doesn't fuck up or is on a reffing power trip like the others.

I now understand why Dana did not show the prelims. To avoid showing another Landless screw-up on PPV.

American Top Team--you post that you are not complaining about the result or blaming anyone for the loss but yourselves, but that is actually what the thread was designed for--to blame Landless for the loss.

If that is the route you have chosen to go, Hermes should get on here and answer whether Landless actually interfered with the punch. It doesn't appear that he did on the screen captures you have posted--in fact, Hermes has a complete follow through.

I was at the fight, and it was a great fight. And I to thought the fight was just about to be stopped when Landless moved in. But he didn't, and Josh recovered and grabbed the leg.

That being said, I agreed with the decision to a point. I thought Josh won rounds 1 and 2, and Hermes won round 3. In an ideal world, the fight should have been a draw because Hermes would have been awarded a 10-8 for round 3.

Additionally, I sat right behind American Top Team and Hermes when Hermes fought Caol Uno. You seem like a great group of guys--Hermes in particular.

It was a great fight, and unless Hermes is going to say Landless interfered with the punch, don't detract from that. No one will think less of Hermes after that fight.

First off refing fights is a whole hell of a lot harder than any of few could even imagine. So to keep talking shit on Larry is ridiculous. Larry is the first to admit to his mistakes, give the guy a break. He's way better than most of you (including myself) would be.

As a ref you are never gonna make everyone happy. One way or another unless the fight is finished in a clean fashion one side will be upset at the outcome. "my fighter lost because there wernt enough stand-ups" "my fighter lost because there were too many stand-ups", blah blah blah...yadda, yadda, yadda...

With all that being said, I can say from the site of these pictures that I would definately look into a no contest ruling. I have not seen video from the fight but it looks like there might be reasonable evidence to support such a claim. I hope this can be resolved in the proper fashion.

But please stop bashing the refs. They have been doing this for years and it is just a hard sport to ref, especially when you have an athletic comission breathing down your neck about fighter protection.

KWJ-K-Dhira ,,,how come on your earlier posts on another thread relating to this fight you never mentioned the "rubbish temporary stoppage " ????? It never crossed your mind then ??? How come ???

Because you didnt see it ....or think it was of any rellivance in the fight .....Thats why ....All of a sudden now Landless allowed Josh time to improve his position ...

Im going to bring up the old thread "Hermes got robbed!",,Nobody brings it up from what I recall ....WHY ???? Because they didnt see it ....and the people commenting on that thread watched the fight ....Its funny how these bandwagons start .....

ttt

Nobody wants a play by play,,I was cageside for the fight ,,but something people(including yourself) are now saying was so horrendous and detrimental to the outcome of the fight should have been mentioned at least once before these misleading pics.....

It wasnt mentioned because it wasnt that detrimental and horrendous as the ATT is making it out to be ....and actually it went pretty much unnoticed by all present ....I never heard any mention of it during or after the fight .....

Hermes lost ,,end of story ...Hell be back ,,hes tough as hell but he lost on every judges scorecard on this particular night ...and Landless didnt affect the outcome imo ...or in anybody elses before the ATT posted these pics that dont show anything decisive ....

I had money riding on franca this sucks.

I was talking to bandwagon rider KWJ about the play by play not you .....Read his post ....

You cant tell if Landless is touching him or not from the angle the pics were taken....His hand could have been 2 inches away from Franca and it would look as if he was touching him .....

Also ,,while Franca is throwing that punch Josh is turning into him to grab the leg ....Franca was at a bad angle to throw a finishing punch with Joshs head looking towards the mat ....He was actually in a pretty safe position considering there are no knees or kicks to a downed fighter .....Its an awkward position to strike from ......Believe me Josh wasnt going to finished from that position ....Francas best bet would have been to take Joshs back and try to finish with a sub or strikes from a position where he could land with some leverage ....

ttt

WTF is he doing?? lol.

Landless makes far too many mistakes for the UFC.

Is the video posted anywhere?

OMG, it's worse than I thought.

Hermes really got a 12 inch dong stuck in him!

Larry Landless has got NO business reffing anymore fights.

Ever.

this has to be a no contest, at least

damn that sucks. should be a no contest.

animated - http://belching.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/landless_flip.gif

Bullshit. I brought this very issue up under several of the threads related to the Hermes vs Thompson fight.

Here are the points:

Josh was out and he was not defending himself (see pictures). In fact, at one point (again, see pictures)his head was turned away from Hermes and his eyes were closed.

If Hermes was able to deliver another punch or two, it was curtains down on the Josh Thompson show. Landless prevented these punches from landing by intervening in the fight and touching Hermes.

I have spoken with Hermes at length about this fight and he feels that he was interfered with as well.

By intervening in the fight, and altering the outcome, Hermes should, at a minimum, be awarded a "no contest" ruling by the NSAC.

I believe Hermes is the best 155lber in the UFC right now and he is on the road to get the belt. It is just too bad that the only speedbump in that road was the size of larry landless. That will certainly deflate anyones tires.

Wade Rome