Referee At Fury FC Last Night

To most people. At least 6 articles on MMA Media today regarding

1 Like

Fair enough.

At what time in the fight do you believe that the pressure was less applied while he going for the choke? You can bet that he was applying full pressure to get the tap out.

Also what was the time you believe that he regained consciousness?

I don’t think the guy woke up until the arm was hyperextended. At that point he’d been out of the choke for close to 10 seconds

Once again,

You can see him twist his fist & try to pull away with his left arm at the .22 second mark.

The pain woke him up. At the very least, when he rolled over and went limp into the arm bar, he was out. He woke up and even tapped with his foot. The guy was out.

3 Likes

Nerves make people move and jerk all the time after they are out.

1 Like

Come on man,

His foot never tapped.

He was simply going for a head kick.

*Edited to say that he was tapping with his foot a little later in the armbar.

I don’t know, it just seems really clear to me that he was out for some time in that choke. It was tight as fuck, and it looked like he went out quick.

2 Likes

Yes,it was tight…when did Homeboy relieve pressure?

When he went for the armbar. To me it looked like the dude was completely out until seconds after that armbar was applied. He wasn’t resisting the armbar at first.

1 Like

Ref should never step foot in a cage again

5 Likes

Just bleed

1 Like

He won’t be in the cage luckly, but he’ll be judging ufc fights tonight

2 Likes

I know . WOW

1 Like

Wait what?

That ref should be banned from ever reffing a combat sports contest

Yeah he went out within a couple of seconds

Unbelievable

https://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/mma-world-in-uproar-over-disturbing-refereeing-farce/news-story/cc1d4a36da898d08723c4c388e0caa0a

MMA world in uproar over ‘disturbing’ refereeing farce

1 Like

1 Like

“That was nuts… the doctor was yelling across the cage ‘he is out, stop the fight,’” one commentator said.

Vazquez was clearly asleep. Pic: Twitter

The ref did not do his job. Pic: Twitter

Vazquez was rushed to hospital before he published a post to Instagram post, featuring an image of his injured arm in a cast with a caption that read “Kill or be killed……

“This is the fight game and it is not a game, I say if you want to beat me you better gotta put me out cause if not is going to be a long night.

“I make a mistake and it cost me the fight that I feel I was winning, my opponent took advantage of that and with some stupid referee that didn’t stop the fight when I was out, now I have to deal with a potential fracture on my arm and some ligaments damaged too.

“Sorry to all of you guys who support me and believe in me for not bringing the victory, sorry to my coaches for make a mistake that I’m the only one who is responsible for, sorry to all the fans for not giving you guys a better show. We came to fight till the end I did.”

Vazquez uploaded this image after his hospital trip. Pic: Instagram

Officials from the Fury Fighting Championship released a statement the morning after the incident, criticising the referee for failing to protect the fighter.

“It is the referee’s job to protect the fighter when the fighter cannot protect him or herself,” the statement read.

“In last night’s main event, the referee failed to do this.

“While the job of a referee is one of the hardest to do in this sport, the need for proper and continued training would help to alleviate things like this incident.

“We do not hire, train, or select refs for our shows, but we would be more than willing to lead a revamp and overhaul of the reffing and judging selection and training process.”

Meanwhile, UFC bantamweight Nathaniel Wood revealed his disgust at the referee, writing on Twitter: “That was upsetting to watch, he needs a ban.”

2 Likes