Referee Mistake in BlackBelt Fight

Match is over, win to Anthony, but not without controversy.

It was a great match.

Maybe a rematch in the future.

I agree with Bondi.

Well done to both Black Belts and also the Ref for making a statement that he thought he missed something.

I didnt see the fight but would imagine if it had of been 3-2 this would have changed the fight totally. Would Anthony if behind have changed his fight tacktics?

Hopefully these 2 guys will be fighting in most the comps and hopefully there will be a few other Black Belts rolling with these 2 guys aswell.

BenBJJ,

I made an observation that I thought was valid, you accuse me of having a chip on my shoulder because I don't agree with you. Fuck you punk, all I said was that people should move on, there have been many decisions don't go the way we like, everybody survies them, that is part of the tournament game.

Did you take lessons to be a whining bitch or was that inherited?

Dave.

P.S. I was having a good day until some shitkicker decided to write in with his idiotic opinion about me that was far from valid, wanted or correct.

Is it actually possible for an opinion to be "correct" ?

Given that it is a subjective thing, and, as we know, everyone has one, I don't think there is such a thing as a correct (or otherwise) opinion, just those which agree with and those that you don't...

But of course, that's just my opinion.

Tank

Again lets just hope these 2 have a roll often at Tournments and keep having good matches.

It doesn't look like either of the competetors are sooking about it so lets move on and hope they have more close matches in the near future.

Paulo made a mistake. Paulo has admitted the mistake which is a very noble and humble gesture.

It doesn't change the result.

Marcelo made the pass and had Anthony well controlled. In fact he had enough time to look at Paulo wondering why the points hadn't been awarded.

Anthony's sweep was a good one. He got those huge hooks in and made the sweep.

The bout should have been 3 to 2.

As to some of the comments as to Marcelo acting like Mundine with his entrance, you have no idea.

The fight was scheduled for 4pm. When Anthony entered the mats Marcelo was still warming up thinking he still had 10 mins before the fight.

Marcelo did not intentionally leave Anthony waiting for any malign reason.

Anyone who has had even a 1 min conversation with Marcelo knows what a humble and honorable guy he is.

He doesn't have one trace of arrogance.

Andrew Hayes

Rematch, Rematch, Rematch... Can this happen at the next Vic tournment?
This way i will get to see it!

BenBJJ, I can't believe I'm about to say this, but for the first time I actually agree with Dave, that being what happened on the day happened, deal with it and move on.

Let's all look at a positive side of it, like I said in the previous post above, let's get it on again.

Cisemek.

"Is it actually possible for an opinion to be "correct" ?"

Yes, it is. If it's my opinion that bachelors are unmarried, or that the sky is blue, or that 2 + 2 = 4. Having an opinion involves believing the world to be a certain way, and if the world is as you think it is you're correct. Otherwise you're not.

Cabal1, the definition of "opinion" is, from dictionary.com;

"A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: "The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion" (Elizabeth Drew)"

The key point based on this definition is obviously the "not stubstantiated" part. It's fair to say that in your example 2 + 2 = 4 is substantiated by positive knowledge (trust me, I just checked using my fingers)

Of course, if you are as bored as I was, you'll go and find a definition with a little more "wiggle room"

Because, as they say "definitions are like assholes, everybodies got one"

:-)

Tank

1). Marcello never controlled Anthony to score the points (as was discussed at the referees meeting). Anthony has reviewed the tape.

2). Had the points been scored, the dynamic of the match would have totally changed so you cannot say that it would have ended 3-2. This is all conjecture.

3). Had this been a white belt match, would the apology have been posted on the internet?

4). I was sorely disappointed in the Booing. This was a momentus occaission to be cheered. The booing was uncalled for.

Elvis

Elvis smacks of the correct.

Cisemek, (nice use of the arabic swears by the way) I am as shocked as you are.

Dave.

elvis youre write booing is not called for they can take there 3rd world antics and leave them in brazil

TTT for someone to get the video online.

I'm sure everybody would love to see...

Tank

BenBJJ, I have no idea who booed. All I know is that it was uncalled for. I have not singled out anyone. I was just disappointed that it happened. I agree that overall the crowd was VERY excited and Positive about this match. Hopefully we'll have more of them at future circuit events.

Elvis

ive been waiting for years for the 1st black-belt match, it was worth the wait.
athony and marcelo can hold thier heads up high,
exciting,drama,tension ,it was all there for the crowd to see,
thanks to all for the day

"A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: "The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion" (Elizabeth Drew)"

I don't agree with that definition, but it supports my account anyway. An opinion under that definition is not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof, but it's still a belief or conclusion (which by definition makes a statement about the world).

Hence, for example, my opinion that there's a red ball in the next room based on a certain vibe I get from looking at the door is an opinion in as much as *I* don't know for certain that it's true and it is unsubstantiated. But that in no way suggests that it's accuracy is somehow incapable of being confirmed. If we just looked in the next room we'd discover whether or not my opinion was correct.

So the opinion *was* correct or incorrect at the time of being held. We just don't *know* which one it is until we check.

Cabal1, you win.

That's way more thought than I'm prepared to put into this...

:-)

TH

Well looking at the photo (I'm the idiot with his fist punching the air and his mouth open letting in all the flys) I'd say it was just an awesome event. Everyone's an expert in hindsight, but the atmosphere and the support for both fighters was just amazing.

We're going to try and get the drummers back for the next comp and have them get it going for the final fights. We'd better let Marcello know his fight was on though. He was warming up and didn;t hear the announcement.

As far as disqualifying a black belt for not adhering to the 1 minute requirement... Are you fucking on drugs?

"As far as disqualifying a black belt for not adhering to the 1 minute requirement... Are you fucking on drugs?"

I agree that no-one wanted to see that happen. I mean everyone wanted to see the first Black Belt match. But, on a serious note, rules are made for a reason and they apply to everyone. I know this was an exceptional case, but it still should be considered.

Also, if nothing else, this sets us up for an awesome remtach in the first Federation tournament next year! (Hopefully with more Black Belt matches on as well).

Elvis