Rehydrating without the banned IV fluids

JuryJiuJitsu -
Morgz - 

Im on board with the people who are saying "dont cut so much weight".  

I get it that the fighters feel it is necessary -- that some of them are always going to cut, and if you don't you will be at a disadvantage.

I can just state from a fan's point of view:  I would prefer to see a 170lb guy fight a 170llb guy.  Not 2 guys that were able to starve and dehydrate themselves to 170lbs 24 hours before the fight, and then compete as a 178lb guy against a 193lb guy.

I see what you're saying, but there would need to be something in place that effects everyone. When I was heavier at 155, didn't cut, had to fight at 170 and fighting someone like Rory MacDonald or Carlos Condit..... I'd be looking at a very significant size difference lol. 

Thanks for coming on here and talking about it. Great thread Phone Post 3.0

Needlemover - 
LiquidCobra - Royce Gracie didn't care about weight divisions. Phone Post 3.0
Royce also juiced Phone Post 3.0

Anal juicing?

JuryJiuJitsu - 
supersonic - A friend in college was an emt and would regularly hook himself and at times others to an IV when crashing after partying. It works. Better than drinking imo. And I could see being super valuable after a weigh in.

LOL, this just reminded me..... At MGM, they now have a place called "Revive" offering IV's. I believe it's aimed at those with a hangover. They will come to your room, you can go to their office or they'll hook you on to a mobile IV.

The last time I was there, I seen a plethora of people walking around wtih an IV on a mobile stand.

They have everything there. You can get an IV and buy fresh Oxygen and be ready to go.

Coconut water and simple carbs. I go down from 172 to 155 then back up to 168 with no iv. Feel great Phone Post 3.0

If nobody cut weight and they made maybe one extra division match ups would be similar but fairer. Phone Post 3.0

JuryJiuJitsu -
Scorched Earth - The reason for the IV ban has nothing to do with weight cutting. It's because fighters were using IV's to flush out the remnants of PED use. With the new drug testing the IV's had to go. Fighters who were clean but cutting a huge amount of weight and using IV's are just collateral damage in all this. They might want to think about losing some real weight or moving up a division, like Weidman or Conor.

^^Perfection

This. Phone Post 3.0

If you walk around well over 170 lbs and fight at 155/45, that has always seemed at tad unfair. Imho.

SomeoneToDoYourDirtyWork - If you walk around well over 170 lbs and fight at 155/45, that has always seemed at tad unfair. Imho.

like Conor

SomeoneToDoYourDirtyWork - If you walk around well over 170 lbs and fight at 155/45, that has always seemed at tad unfair. Imho.

**When I was heavier at 155. I was using past tense, incase you were confused. 

Legit.

Regardless of what your drink, we can only absorb about a half liter of water per hour orally.

Beyond that, the only option is IV or... up the keister.

Open-system colonic irrigation.

Pencil thin nozzle in the ass with constant water flow.

Use SALINE or ELECTROLYTE water NOT plain water.

Water + sugar/salt combo with a 1:1 molar ratio (ex. 2 teaspoons salt + 1/2 cup sugar in 1 gallon of water)

Put fluid in a large bucket on a high shelf with a drop tube & valve set up

Colon fluids are absorbed directly into the blood.

Keep the colon filled with fluid for about 30 minutes.. during which fluid is absorbed through the intestinal lining into the bloodstream.

-

http://www.deathvalleymag.com/2010/03/01/medical-how-a-tactical-enema-could-save-your-life/

http://www.curemanual.com/2010/05/emergency-re-hydration-procedure-via-enema/

etc.

JuryJiuJitsu -
supersonic - A friend in college was an emt and would regularly hook himself and at times others to an IV when crashing after partying. It works. Better than drinking imo. And I could see being super valuable after a weigh in.

LOL, this just reminded me..... At MGM, they now have a place called "Revive" offering IV's. I believe it's aimed at those with a hangover. They will come to your room, you can go to their office or they'll hook you on to a mobile IV.

The last time I was there, I seen a plethora of people walking around wtih an IV on a mobile stand.

I went there before UFC 189 and it was worth every penny. The feel good business is a profitable one. Phone Post 3.0

tommyNOfilter - 
TheBigRedOne - 
Carne de cavalo é o melhor - Rectal hydration Phone Post 3.0

No. There is no such thing. Only on this forum can stupid shit be rumored.

Probably not the first choice, but you can even rehydrate with salt water by giving yourself an aenima
...in case you're ever stuck on an island with no fresh water

No....just, no

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/questions/question/2830/

tommyNofilter- What about the cowboy fight? 

x9uv - why aren't you addressing the anal rehydration? all jokes and insecurities of people aside, its probably one of the most effective ways to rehydrate if you can't use an IV.

thats where you absorb most of your water right, the large intestine. If you're serious about it, why wouldn't you look into it?

lol at you people dismissing it. dont ever get (really) sick and end up in hospital, they will probably fiddle with your bunghole at some point
Dude what hospital are you going to?

I go in for heart cath and you think I'm getting finger banged in the ER first? Phone Post 3.0

Doesn't the NCAA have one of the toughest regulations?

I thought it was interesting the football players get IV's on the sidelines during today's Iowa Hawkeye football game (pic below).

JuryJiuJitsu - 

Doesn't the NCAA have one of the toughest regulations?

I thought it was interesting the football players get IV's on the sidelines during today's Iowa Hawkeye football game (pic below).

no, they don't have the toughest reg

Morpheus1976- I thought they were comparable to the Olympics. What's the overall differences from the new UFC program to NCAA?

I think a 6'5 330 lb lineman cramped up in the early season heat at halftime is fair for saline. He's working his huge ass out and is going back the line.

He didn't spend a week sucking every bit of fluid from his body that he could to get and advantage on Saturday night. Phone Post 3.0

Oh and the beating that the Hawks gave to north Texas, they needed all the help they could get. Phone Post 3.0

spmaskell - Rhonda Rousey doesn't do IV bags so think again that in order to compete you have to cut 20lbs+ of water weight.

nobody knows for sure.

but she definitely cuts a fuck ton of weight to beat up bloated 125'ers