Relson's Vale Tudo Guard?

Out of relsons mouth himself..the only person to EVER give him a black eye was Rolles. I could imgaine him giving Rorion fits as a kid lol

btw JJD- its the goo nite :-) Some where out there is vid of someone going nite nite then puking when he wakes up lol grappling games tourny from last year.. if anyones got it.

i wish quite happy with my guard in mma..

http://members.chello.nl/bernie.huisman/youngsmall.wmv

Oh thats right the "Goo-night"!!!! LOL

Thanks Enemymaker, SavBjj and mad tiger.

SavBjj,
What does Relson recommend to do to defend strikes from someone in you guard? Pulling the head down, overhooking an arm and hipping out, knees in the chest/shoulder, Mario Sperry?s close in tight or kicked far away concept and/or something else?

Mad tiger:
?Unfortunately and most that know will attest to this that in "todays" mma alot of the Relsons street/vale tudo stuff cant be used. As the MMA rules have been changed/softened up over the years.?
-That?s cool. I?m very interested in the street/self defense aspect. Can you give some examples of Relson?s recommended techniques/tactics?

Poodollar, that?s too bad you feel like that but thanks for the seminar story.

Thanks again guys!

take a seminar already sheesh!

LOL!

Being my first into to a TMA I had know idea how to elbow, where to elbow, when to elbow.. basically his take on using it opened up a whole new world. With techniques I have yet to see in even some "other" striking arts..

Head butts as mentioned,using your horns.

Lots of offensive striking from within the guard, elbows again, kicks from the guard and some knee strikes as well.

I am a Relson purple belt and have always trained with him at his main academy. Relson has always asked us not to divulge the street techniques which is why his students on this thread are being evasive. The skills Relson teaches are tresures, and should be treasured.

I have been with Relson for 13years and train mostly for MMA/self defense. His style is definitly stike-oriented and unlike most other BJJ styles. No one can come on the forum and possibly give a decent overview, but Relson basicly focuses on not being hit in the face while being able to srtke or submit from any position. And, he can shut down allof these "new " positions with just the simplist minor adjustments. Definitly find out when he is doing classes near you or feel free to schedule a class with myself. To see Phil Cardella's fight, which was a great example, go to mmawl.com

I have trained with Relson for many years and have done countless privates and seminars with him. His MMA/self defense techniques really are very impressive. It is hard to describe exactly what techniques he is using. But he employs a lot of strikes, especially elbows and headbutts. He has some really cool ways of striking from the bottom, using everything from open handed slaps to knee strikes. Relson told me once that he would rather stay in the mount and strike rather than go for an armbar because you risk losing the position and ending up on bottom. He also teaches a lot of neck cranks that are extremely painful. And he teaches them from every position. If he is in your area I would recommend doing a seminar with him, not just because I train under him, but because he truly is a great instructor with a lot to teach.

Relson's code of silence notwithstanding, Mario Sperry's vale tudo 1 has plenty of great tips on the violent, strike-based version of Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

Relson told me last nite he is trying to learn to be more effecient with the internet. It will obviously take a while, but maybe he will come here an talk with you guys in the near future.

it would be easier to get Coca-Cola to release their recipe than have us try to explain what relson teaches. find an association or go to one of his seminars.

i would love to have a stop watch to time how long its going to take relson to get pissed off at the computer for not doing what he wants and have him head butt the monitor...

'i would love to have a stop watch to time how long its going to take relson to get pissed off at the computer for not doing what he wants and have him head butt the monitor...'

LOL!!

ttt for Relson to come on here and give a response!!

fyi: I came up with "Goo-nite". I'm going to register it and trademark it.

this is true my frengs...

abrigado my freng wutang for that piece of history.

wow all that portuguese mad tiger must be wearing his "banana hamock"
and eating mass amounts of Acai!! ;)

*lol while doing funny finger snap thing

When training No-gi with Mad Tiger, we only wear vale tudo shorts. You can get the acai at the juice bar at the far end of the mat.