Relson's Vale Tudo Guard?

I have been with Relson over a decade now. Relson's vale tudo training in very unique and very, very brutal. he has this saying "I could not beat (name some mma fighter) in the ring or in the cage, because there are too many rules that prolong the fight. And I am old now. But on the street they would not last 5 minutes." He also admits that if he could not beat them in that time 5 min. span, that he would lose because of his age.

His system is so different than the usual mma training. It will change the way you see and fight BJJ. and when you see see what he does, you will believe him. Get a private with him and find out.

I will be telling my kids about hte goo nite choke

you guys are starting to sound like TMA karate guys or catch wrestling guys.

LoL @ "starting"

That almost desreves a head butt my freng...

Keep the catch conversation on the deleted forum where it belongs!!!

i dont care what you guys say, tony showed me at least 5 street lethal catch techniques that would blow your minds. can't explain them though, you just have to go to one of his seminars.

i'm not sure why none of his guys did well in competition, they would probably kill everyone in the streets though.

I'm curious, is it so lethal, that you can't practice it on anyone?

How about you CATCH deez nuts? lol

LMAO ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i'm just joking around. i'm sure relson has an incredible game and unique style to teach. just pointing out what it is starting to sound like.

carry on with relson

The Relson worship is a little treacly for my taste.

I don't train with relson nor have I ever trained with him, but I do know
that all the "old time" BJJ guys say Relson was tough as hell and was the
"King of the beach" in Rio back in the day! And I heard this from several
top notch BB! Enough said!

Relson is the second eldest son of grandmaster Helio Gracie. He began learning jiu-jitsu at the tender age of two and was competing by age ten. He reigned as Brazilian National Champion for 22 consecutive years and was entirely undefeated during this period. His popularity grew, and he soon became known to many as Campeao, or Champion. In 1988, Relson moved to Hawaii to introduce Gracie Jiu-Jitsu to the Aloha State. Now retired from competition, Relson remains dedicated to the art and to the family tradition through teaching Gracie jiu-jitsu all over the world[.]

The best part of learning his VT techniques is the stories....LMAO at the (IIRC) indians :D

No his techniques are not so deadly you cannot see them, he does teach them in his classes and in his seminars. Relson prefers not to put out DVD's of techniques because A. He feels the $150 you pay him for a dvd is much better spent in class with him or privates because you can ask him questions and he can correct mistakes in person. B.ACM5060, his guys have done well in competition, look at Kendall Goo, The onzukas, Ron Shirake(sp), Phil Cardella, Me, my team, all of the SC team members have won almost all tournaments entered, Lionel Perez, Rick and Phil Magralese, and etc so on and so forth. Daniel Moraes too.

TiTTy!

Relson is the man. I am damn proud to be part his team. Phil will show the world a Jiu-Jitsu rarley seen outside of the team. He just needs a shot in UFC, K1, or Pride.

I was just curious about if you guys roll diffrently.
Seems like you include groin shots, etc, in the way you're taught. Does this mean if someones exposed, you let them know.
ie- you dont use a lot of open guard sports jiu jitsu.
i was wrestling with my gal the other day, just messing around and she grabbed my balls.
makes you wonder. LOL

but then, I'm what you call an almost pure sports jiu jitsu guy.
Although now I'm under a Carlson affiliate it's slowly changing

"I'm curious, is it so lethal, that you can't practice it on anyone?"

lol wu,its the same stuff the gracie have taught for years.most of it you learn in the first 6 months