Remember when US college wrestling and BJJ were considered good bases for MMA fighters?

Nowadays if you haven’t mastered Sambo or spent extensive time wrestling and grappling with high level Russians you’re dog meat. One td attempt at a time is a throwback to the Lion’s Den days of MMA, you need to learn how to chain that shit together.

3 Likes

Because of one guy who never fought his true weight at 170, never fought any live bodies his first 20 something fights, his protege who needs to fight a too 5 guy or that other one from Sweden who says smash a lot but has also never fought anyone with a pulse?

11 Likes

Did you see what BW champ Yan did to Sterling noob?

Wait until Islam is LW champ, Askarov is Flyweight champ, Chimaev is WW and MW champ, and Ankaleav is LHW champ.

2 Likes

Remember when UG posters weren’t always creating a multitude of one-note threads? Fans of the sport with a wide range of perspectives who didn’t attempt to hammer home the same message repeatedly?

Guys who joined before Dec. 4 probably remember.

17 Likes

Shane Fucking Carwin

1 Like

Yan isn’t a sambo guy or wrestler. He comes from boxing. Russians are basically taking over regardless of their style.

3 Likes

Yan’s been training Russian grappling and wrestling his entire career noobs. Coupled with his boxing he’s the best BW ever and will be a GOAT.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 Likes

Just look at the champs!

Negeanu is a sambo guy.
Texeira? Sambo guy!
Adesanya? High level Russian Wrestler!
I could go on all day, its a Russian Sambo group!

17 Likes

That dude is also Gerard Gardeau level of dirty.

3 Likes

Yeah seems to be their time. Brazil had a breakthrough. All male champs were American at a one point only a few years ago. Africa got 3 champs in the last couple years (not really but they pretend). It’s an international sport, they feel each other’s momentum I’m sure.

4 Likes

The “side step” is all the base you need

7 Likes

Adesanya and his garbage tdd will be a lamb to the slaughter after Khamzat beats Usman and moves up to MW.

2 Likes

Like when Royce lost to Sambo-trained fighters like Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn?

Like when Oleg Taktarov defeated Renzo Gracie?

Oh wait, those things didn’t happen.

The reality was if you didn’t train in BJJ, you got smoked. Wrestlers and Samboists learned that lesson the hard way.

2 Likes

When is Zabit coming back? He was fun to watch

3 Likes

Ugh there are currently no champions who have a sambo base.

2 Likes

Captain Jack OP has really been busy.

9 Likes

in the past they did.
oleg and fedor come to mind

Fedor was just a glimpse of modern MMA. A true pioneer.

The Russian style will be dominant in the UFC for the next 20 years or longer. That’s how far ahead Russia is.

A complete dynasty and foundry of champions is coming your way.

I’ll bump this thread when I’m right. Everytime a new Russian wins a belt and slaughters a good ol boy.

Americant’s.

1 Like

All of this is for one dominant wrestler and another guy who hasnt faced top 10 competition? Yeah total takeovet so crazy bro.

4 Likes

GSP with the flu beats every sambo guy but fedor

2 Likes