Rest In Peace Sean “the cannon” Gannon

RIP to a legend. This thread should be sticky.

1 Like

What terrible news. His posts were always informative and intelligent, and he obviously had a lion’s heart. RIP, big guy.

RIP Sean, does anyone know how old he was when he passed away?

RIP. Legend

RIP

2 Likes

I was asked to post the following by old school UG member Mr.Zipplokk.

To my Underground Brothers. I was saddened like many of you to hear of the passing of one of our Heroes, Sean Gannon. Not only was he a ‘fighter’ in every sense of the word, he was an awesome human being. He gave of himself to his family and friends, his community, and to this unique group of people known as the Underground. I was lucky enough to be among his friends and always knew him to be kind, generous and intelligent. Our Fathers at one time worked for the same research and development company outside Boston, and we used to laugh that maybe we were related. RIP Gladiator Gannon. You were an awesome example of a human being. To my many friends here, hope you are all well. I can be reached at mrzipplokk@gmail . Love to hear from you. Thank you to my long time friend Crowbar (Mike) for posting for me.

8 Likes

Based on his posts here, it always seemed like Sean was an great person. RIP.

3 Likes

A true original. Way too young. RIP Gannon.

2 Likes

I’ll miss him and his activity here, one of the OGs who walked the walk. I followed his kimbo fight live on the UG, purchased the dvd (which didn’t work) and went to the biggest newsstand in NYC the next day or so to buy a couple copies of a Boston newspaper that covered this on the cover, I have those still I’m sure in storage somewhere. Both fighters gone. Sad.

2 Likes

Ive been ignoring this thread because of the old thread where an officer Sean Gannon died some time ago. This really hurts to hear, I had some conversations on here with the Sean many years ago when I was going to fight Shannon rich and he was a really good guy. This really sucks, athe mixed martial arts community lost one of their really good ones. Im really at a loss for words.

RIP Big Man, God Bless you and your family Sean, you will be terribly missed.

*Rings the bell 10x

5 Likes

Noooo! I talked on the phone with Sean a few times about personal things. He was a really nice guy on the phone. This hurts, I’m really bummed.

RIP you warrior.

4 Likes

Why did you choose today to do something useful around here? :wink:

5 Likes

Fucking 32, I think we need a Gannon Ground for all internet challenges… RIP

1 Like

Thank you for updating us. My father passed the same way. Man, he reached out to a lot of us for advice on here. He was a really nice guy on the phone, I wish I had met him in person. RIP

1 Like

There’s no way he was 32. Probably mid 40’s to early 50’s.

Either way. RIP.

I was thinking the same, 32 with an 18 year old son didnt seem right but it was said on this thread and I didn’t want to challenge it. Nonetheless,it sucks hes gone. I could have given you 20 other names that deserve to go sooner

The 32 year old was a different Sean Gannon. The Kimbo fight was 17 years ago and that guy was obviously not a 15 year old kid.

1 Like

Only semi-related, but why is Mr. Ziplock a “former” member? Why doesn’t he still post?

1 Like

Damn, this sucks. RIP Sean

1 Like