Rickson Footage

Here is my take on Rickson. I read in an interview where someone in his family said he should go do Judo and he said I am Rickson Gracie, I cannot be seen with whitebelts throwing me around. or something to that effect. This told me all I need to know about Rickson.

I read in an article (same writer as the person who interviewed George Mehdi) that the people in the Gracie in Action tapes were just "clowns" not real fighters. The person interviewed was their uncle in Brazil, I don't remember his name though. It must have been in the BJJ.org site, actually. I never saw the tapes, but this is what I read.

In the article about George Mehdi, Mehdi claimed that the fight between Kimura and Helio was a work to put Helio in the mat longer for the show. Helio admitted that he was unconscious briefly from a choke and if Kimura never had let go he probably would have died.

Yes I do believe everything I read.

A sucker is born every minute.

What is amazing is that even his worst critics can only come up with the other fighters laid down, he didn't fight the best and he is not as good as people say he is.

That tells me all I need to know about Rickson, it tells me the man is a freaking stud and I would love to meet the man and judge for myself. But since the chances of that are slim, I will listen to those who actually knew him, not those who are trying to judge a mans life by a few hours of video tape.

To the haters "Be happy for the success and talents of others". If you spend all your time trying to tear down another mans beautiful home how are you going to ever build a home of your own.

There are a lot of people more deserving of criticism than Rickson. Get a life

He can tap you all after another so why talk shit about him.:-)

All I can add is go roll with him, hes good fun to train with. After that come back on here and let us know how it went.

If you ask and he is training for vale tudo he will spar vale tudo with you and it hurts.

With regards to Sak I know someone who is at brown belt level in BJJ who has rolled (NOT VALE TUDO) in the GYM with both within three months on each other.

He did ok against Sak but was tapped number of times. Rickson rolled in slow motion for part of the roll and crushed him.

As for vale tudo I really have no idea where Rickson sits with regards to levels. Theres lots of tape of his vale tudo matchs in peoples back yards etc floating around the UK.

Happy new year and happy rolling.

lol, i never noticed the crowd counting down the seconds before on that vintage rickson vid...thats so funny

3) He is INCREDIBLY strong for his size and has superior body control.

- What?! Now you're telling us that bjj uses strength!?

"im sure rickson is everything they say, but..i still think he should have fought just one top guy. not mark kerr or some other huge guy. just someone his weight. like a sakuraba or a frank shamrock. if he would have fought sak or shamy and subbed them, his legacy would be cemented forever and all these silly threads would never have been written.unfortunately he critisized alot of people and never fought them for whatever reason.i think thats what rubs people the wrong way."

- My thoughts exactly.

"Theres lots of tape of his vale tudo matchs in peoples back yards etc floating around the UK."

Really? I've never heard of that. Have you seen any of these matches? (Not calling you a liar, I'd just love to see some of those).

lol @ pdeking

5 years and you're still spouting the same bullshit.

Go back to your differential equations you silly little man.

rickson vids are all over the net

I have the footage of Rickson Vs Rigan machado, but the quality is so bad that you can hardly tell thats it`s Rickson, until the end when you see Helio come congratulate him.

By the way Rickson won.

The bottom line is this. Not ONE person i have ever heard of who talks shit about Rickson could take him. I would bet my fucking retirement on it...

I love Chris but Rickson would fucking eat him alive. And i would bet my 66,000 on it.

I wonder how many of the people on this forum who were bitching about Tito ducking Chuck are Rickson nutriders? Anyway you slice it, Rickson ducked Sak. Hell, he ducked everyone half decent with exception to Funaki who was a B level fighter at the time.

Seriously, I want to like Rickson, but he brings a lot of the criticism on himself. That article where he talks about how Takada is a warrior, while disrespecting other fighters is disgusting.

Even Bas all but said Funaki laid down for Rickson. And it is not that Funaki was some A class fighter to begin with when he "fought" Rickson.

"Funaki laid down for Rickson, there's not even a question about it. "

Not at Kai's house that is. Nobody else thinks Funaki laid down for Rickson. Kai's hate just prevents him from saying anything that may be construed as positive about a Gracie.

go to noholdsbarredtv.com to see lots of rickson footage for free.