Rickson Gracie’s memoir ‘Breathe’ spills a lot of tea

We need a psychologist in here to break down this post. So much going on.

Do you ever put your posts all together and read them after? You may be misconstrued due to your energy. Your hate, disdain, or contempt is clearly evident but your reasons seem like a mask. Rickson, to you, seems to be some type of effigy of a god to others. It’s really strange. Most testimony about Rickson is that he is a bad ass on the mat. For you to put so much energy into your opinion on this makes it seem that much more disengenuous. It’s like you’re hating a billboard poster. All you know about Rickson is things you’ve read or heard, correct? If you knew the man personally, maybe then you could actually claim to have some clout. If not, you’re just really big on hating someone’s persona.

2 Likes

Some people are just miserable. I will say the Rickson allowing rapists (alleged) to train with him is shady AF.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/bjj/comments/7rc9xg/2_more_convicted_sexual_predators_are_members_of/

2 Likes

So Royce, Rolker, Robin and Royler all have the same mother? Do Rickson, Rorion and Relson have the same mother?

Helio Gracie, this messiah figure, was an immoral thug, bully, philanderer and egomanic who set a terrible example for his sons.

I can’t say I am really surprised, but then a lot of this was already known. The sad thing is that people will focus on these people when it’s your average man/woman who works an honest job, provides for their family and treats people with respect who deserves the admiration the Gracies got.

6 Likes

Rockson wasn’t getting the pure waters of gracie jiu jitsu. He was learning on his own from Rickson’s students and assistants. He had a fear of never truly feeling loved by his father. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

2 Likes

NO MURDER INVESTIGATION for rockson… doesnt seem right

1 Like

was a draw with Braega

what have u done ?

And apparently had the half African genetics.

Not really needed when you’re found in a dive motel with a freshly used needle and drug paraphernalia scattered around the room. Murder? Yeah, somebody held down the son of the greatest bjj grappler ever, shot him up for an OD and made it look like an accident.

3 Likes

Didn’t know Marcelo Garcia had a son die that way too

Oh stfu. You worship the dude for the completely wrong reasons and want to give him the benefit of the doubt because it’s in your best interest to keep him on that pedestal vs admitting you were wrong about him. A normal person wouldn’t get any of that benefit. You fell for the ploy of charlatans.it was literally a fabricated sales pitch.

3 Likes

The knees and elbows rules were agreed to by Funaki for the good of the sport, per Funaki. MMA/VT was suffering from controversy in Japan and those rules were consistent with what was acceptable at the time. Funaki had absolutely no problem with those rules and, in fact, endorsed them

1 Like

I mean, pro wrestlers work their strikes.

3 Likes

Rickson was such a coward!

Rickson is the most humble guy I know. He claims to be 400-0 but really he is 4000-0

6 Likes

Humble and Gracie… Don’t really seem to go hand in hand

1 Like

Who?

this thrad exploded

Deadbeat dad. Philanderer. Junior High Dropout. Drug dealer. Gangbanger. Competition record liar. Competition ducker.

This is the spiritual zen master?

1 Like

Rickson is no angel but I never heard gang leader, drug dealer accusations. Rorian panhandled when he lost all his money.

1 Like